Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Lake

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

We are in a stage of denial if we think all it takes to change recruiting momentum is winning on the field

Lots of you are delusional about recruiting. Winning absolutely helps recruiting. Kids see teams balling out and want to do the same thing.

We went 8-5 in 2019 and had last season cancelled. We also had a boring offense during Pete’s time and also lost every big bowl game. The whole conference except for Oregon doesn’t seem to be recruiting well.
    I couldn’t disagree with you more on this

You see conditions, say that they are what they are, throw your hands up, and say couldn’t have done any better. That’s mediocrity at best.

If you are determined to chase greatness then you set a vision and everything you do is tied to executing that vision … you see obstacles as items that make you stronger while overcoming them … in a few words you’re relentless in your pursuit

Let’s be real honest right now

Oregon is relentless in everything they are doing right now

Name one item that UW is doing right now that can be described as relentless?

As a program right now we can best be described as fat, happy, resting on our past laurels, and unwilling to relentlessly fight
    I don’t think we are recruiting well. I think it’s realistic to think we can after a big season.
    How specifically do you think it’s realistic?

I can cite plenty of examples just from a staff composition example that explain why things are the way they are
    The recruiting is bad, but can easily change from on field results and/or coaching changes.
    I think it needs to be both on field results and some staff changes, not and/or. I'm not sure how those two things happen together. I've said all along though, even as my inner doog is circling the drain, that the door isn't shut. Nothing fatal has happened. It just looks pretty bleak.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

We are in a stage of denial if we think all it takes to change recruiting momentum is winning on the field

Lots of you are delusional about recruiting. Winning absolutely helps recruiting. Kids see teams balling out and want to do the same thing.

We went 8-5 in 2019 and had last season cancelled. We also had a boring offense during Pete’s time and also lost every big bowl game. The whole conference except for Oregon doesn’t seem to be recruiting well.

You see conditions, say that they are what they are, throw your hands up, and say couldn’t have done any better. That’s mediocrity at best.

If you are determined to chase greatness then you set a vision and everything you do is tied to executing that vision … you see obstacles as items that make you stronger while overcoming them … in a few words you’re relentless in your pursuit

As a program right now we can best be described as fat, happy, resting on our past laurels, and unwilling to relentlessly fight
    I don’t think we are recruiting well. I think it’s realistic to think we can after a big season.

I can cite plenty of examples just from a staff composition example that explain why things are the way they are
    The recruiting is bad, but can easily change from on field results and/or coaching changes.
    I think it needs to be both on field results and some staff changes, not and/or. I'm not sure how those two things happen together. I've said all along though, even as my inner doog is circling the drain, that the door isn't shut. Nothing fatal has happened. It just looks pretty bleak.
    I agree that if they win this year , Lake isnt going to feel like anything needs to change
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dannarc said:

It sounds like 2023 will not be special

thank go I'll be dead by then
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,603
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Hopefully you guys can shut the fuck up and take the mockery when youre wrong and the sky doesn't fall
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Win the conference and a playoff game (12 teams now). This alone gets more interest from recruits and a lot of momentum for the program. Get a coach or two on staff that can really recruit.

We have a lot of young guys the coaches seem to really like. OL depth is pretty stacked and young. We still haven’t found the RB, but we have quite a few young RB’s with promise. We are sitting fine at TE after Otton. WR has more talent than we have had in a long time. All of it besides Bynum is young. We seem to be in a good place at QB. 2-4 more years of Morris. Huard is a 5 star.

We have had some good DL classes. This year’s freshmen seem good and Tuli and Bandes are R-Fr. Edge with Trace, Smalls, McDonald, Lolohea, and Martin. Pretty set there the next 2-3 years. LB we need help at and will probably need the portal after this year. DB we probably need portal help as well once McDuffie and Gordon are gone. We do have some good youngsters in Covington and Esteen.

The demise from recruiting is years away. A lot can change in that time and we can fill gaps with the portal. The recruiting is bad, but can easily change from on field results and/or coaching changes.
    That’s the path forward for sure with the all will be well path

Thing I would recommend watching carefully is how many transfers out that we have … that could really erode that next wave

I have no issue using the portal strategically here and there … but I rarely view it as a viable long term strategy for a school like Washington

A good example is someone like Jeremiah Martin … he was a backup at TAMU and looking to be a backup here

Always good to remember that most of the players that leave in the portal left because they weren’t good enough where they were previously
  • Options

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I agree that if they win this year , Lake isnt going to feel like anything needs to change
    Why would he change at that point?

All evidence points to him doubling down on his choices … and that includes to combat some negative situations
  • Options

Hopefully you guys can shut the fuck up and take the mockery when youre wrong and the sky doesn't fall

Would love to be proven wrong and Jimmy’s the guy here for a long period of time delivering success upon success

A strong 2021 by itself proves nothing in the grand scheme of things

Even DJ had to prove it … he did … TWICE

Let’s see Jimmy prove it ONCE before he gets crowned

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

I feel like I am in crazy land. I have been a minion to @RaceBannon for years, and one of the reasons I am a minion is because he was always a no compromises "you should be fired every year until you win a Rose Bowl" kind of guy. I like that approach. I like it even more with Lake because there are OBVIOUS signs of a dumpster fire. Recruiting is in the absolute shitter. Coaching hires and retention is truly bottom of the barrel by any metric. Program messaging is a shitshow. The AD has always been a pathetic #scoducks nightmare.

I don't want to give Jimmy tim. I want Jimmy fired every single day until he proves to me he shouldn't be fired. What world am I living in where Race Bannon of the Coney Island Bannons wants to kid gloves a guy who hasn't done shit. 3-1 in a Covid abortion of a season and then giving up is not something to hang your hat on. Every other metric for this program is in the dumpster. Why am I yelling???!!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

Said it before. Hope Jimmy wins the conference this year and becomes the next DJ. Nothing he has done to date makes me think any of that will happen so until it does I want him shitcanned. The end.

THIS.

I have officially put my name in the minion transfer portal.

Thanks to Race and the Bannon staff for the memories.

No interviews. Respect my decision.

AG2G.
    "That's just 40 year old kids these days"

Coach Bannon. Probably.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

People can't read

Half this bored should go ahead and kill themselves now

Only half?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,688
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm feeling generous
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

People can't read

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

People can't read

You make it sound SO easy
  • Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    whlinder said:

If Huard is who we think he is we’re going to waste his career with this shit recruiting.

That’s what pisses me off.

Jake Locker 2.0