Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Lake

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HireBRoy said:

We're going 12-0 according to ryan leaf, so there's that

Even if we were great, 12-0 is tough. Leaf goes to practices tho, so I will doog out about him thinking we are that good.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,302
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW has been perfect once since Gil Dobie

Even the Mt Rushmore teams have fewer perfect seasons than you might think

Expanded playoffs means it doesn't matter
  • Options
    MontlakeDonMontlakeDon Member Posts: 52
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Recruiting is hard, requires a lot of time on a consistent basis and often is considered a distasteful part of coaching.

Oregon had a staff full of long-time

Mario started his career by losing in the Vegas bowl to boise state. He then secured a #13 class good for second in the PAC.
    2019? #7
    2020? #11
    2021? #6

They are sitting at #5 for 2022. Currently with six more slots.

Chris Peterson was one of the best coaches ever on the west coast and got embarrassed in the playoffs. He was a scheme genius and GOAT talent developer. I will bet my bottom dollar Jimmy doesn’t SNIFF his talent. Apparently he won’t sniff his recruiting either. Check my post history, I’ve seen the writing on the wall since Jimmy was hired. Remember that “we run the west coast” bullshit video? Embarrassing.

If any of us were presented the option of Peterson vs Jimmy, literally no one would pick Jimmy. I just want a rose bowl again in my life before I die and Jimmy is going to run us into the ground and let Oregon “Clemson-fy”. Mario greaseball can’t coach, but the talent of his classes alone are going to overcome us if not kept in check and it’s infuriating.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,179
    Founders Club

Pete Carroll

Bill Belichik
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,568
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

How many regular season losses would have Lake doing a couch sale?

And which coaches would be on your short list?

he could go 3-9 and he's not getting fired

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

HFNY said:

I don’t think that true. He might get another year but if that wasn’t a 9-4 or better year he would be gone. Even Jen doesn’t have that low of expectations.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,532
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Recruiting is hard, requires a lot of time on a consistent basis and often is considered a distasteful part of coaching.

Oregon had a staff full of long-time

Mario started his career by losing in the Vegas bowl to boise state. He then secured a #13 class good for second in the PAC.
    2019? #7
    2020? #11
    2021? #6

They are sitting at #5 for 2022. Currently with six more slots.

Chris Peterson was one of the best coaches ever on the west coast and got embarrassed in the playoffs. He was a scheme genius and GOAT talent developer. I will bet my bottom dollar Jimmy doesn’t SNIFF his talent. Apparently he won’t sniff his recruiting either. Check my post history, I’ve seen the writing on the wall since Jimmy was hired. Remember that “we run the west coast” bullshit video? Embarrassing.

If any of us were presented the option of Peterson vs Jimmy, literally no one would pick Jimmy. I just want a rose bowl again in my life before I die and Jimmy is going to run us into the ground and let Oregon “Clemson-fy”. Mario greaseball can’t coach, but the talent of his classes alone are going to overcome us if not kept in check and it’s infuriating.

So what do you suggest for the Program? I don't see Lake getting canned after 1 full season unless he oversees a dumpster fire so would it be getting a hot-shot d-coordinator who can also recruit?

Is Justin Glenn the recruiting coordinator and compared to a couple of classes ago, what has gone wrong? Does he get his couch sold?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

HFNY said:

I don’t think that true. He might get another year but if that wasn’t a 9-4 or better year he would be gone. Even Jen doesn’t have that low of expectations.

3-9 when they are predicted to win the PAC? 8-4 is one thing. Nobody could ignore 3-9. It would never happen.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

HFNY said:

3-9 when they are predicted to win the PAC? 8-4 is one thing. Nobody could ignore 3-9. It would never happen.
    Jimmy needs more time.

You know that the AD and doogs would make a lot of excuses for him.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,999
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

HFNY said:

That’s not very woke to fire jimmy after a hypothetical 3-9 season. They haven’t even blamed it on the assistants yet. The AD are the biggest pussies about going Big in football. Jimmy is here until he decides to leave.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,296
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Yeah, but......wait til he gets his guys in here!!!1
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,008
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

People can't read

Half this bored should go ahead and kill themselves now

Only half?
    Only NOW?
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021
    I mean the whole point of recruiting is to win games and Oregons elite recruiting got them 4-3 last year. Let's not lose the forest in the trees.

Recruiting will absolutely have to pick up but a bad year isn't a death sentence if they beat Mich and Duck this year

On the other side if they lose more than 3 games this year fire him
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    Canadawg said:

I mean the whole point of recruiting is to win games and Oregons elite recruiting got them 4-3 last year. Let's not lose the forest in the trees.

Recruiting will absolutely have to pick up but a bad year isn't a death sentence if they beat Mich and Duck this year

Agree. Look at Oregon’s recruiting rankings listed above. Presented as if 10+ wins are assured. In 2018 and 2019 USC went 5-7, 8-5. After 4 years of ranking #10, #2, #10 and #4 in recruiting.

You might think “Okay but Helton sucks! Cristobal is at least good!” Maybe. MC is 25-9 at Oregon. Before 2018, Helton was 27-10.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,999
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

This will be the second crappy recruiting class in a row.