Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Lake

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,569
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doug said:

Tequilla said:

We are in a stage of denial if we think all it takes to change recruiting momentum is winning on the field

And you're in denial if you don't think the league and the school took a big hit off the field during covid

The only way to change the narrative is to change the narrative. USC fans are freaking out too as they should I guess.

People forget that the last meaningful Husky game was another gutless loss to Oregon in 2019

Sounds like some of you want Jimmy to fail just so you can say you were right - Hi Kim
    Win the Pac-12 and then make some staff changes. That's the only plan I can come up with to get back on track.

This sounds good but what indication at all do we have that Jimmy would make any changes to the staff he just hired and/or extended ?
    He can search among the GAs for the next Bob Gregory
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Doug said:

Is there any hope? There are obviously MAJOR issues in our programs approach but if the head man is too stubborn and arrogant to see and address them, then what? We are primed for a major fall once the 2019 class cycles out
    You answered your own question

I don’t know if we’ll hit rock bottom like Hop did but it’s going to get ugly once it trends downhill until a change is made

And to be fair, once it starts going down the change needs to be made sooner than later so that you can still make a good hire (whether Jen is capable of making a good hire is really TBD to doubtful)
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,302
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

I'm pessimistic but trying to keep an open mind until the end of this season and the next recruiting cycle.

It’s fair to keep an open mind

On the field they should be good this year … anything in the 8-4 range sends the alarm bells into a full scale alert of the highest levels

It’s one thing to me if we got our targets and the stars weren’t where you’d like them

But we’re seeing significant numbers of decommits AND whiffing on many of our top targets (particularly some that should be layups

The biggest worry is likely to come when we see heavy attrition in the off-season … that has the chance to topple the house of cards Jimmy is presiding over
    If they suck this year I will fight my way back off the bandwagon

I reuse to panic over the future until after the season
    Fair enough. We just ask that you let the rest of us panic in peace.
    I needed a new unpopular leader to supper
    I certainly don't begrudge you your opinion, but it's interesting coming from Mr. Always Count on UW to make the Wrong Decision.
    Odds are are they did

That's why its an opinion

The experts here have it in stone as fact

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Some coaches need to go and that is a fact. Jimmy may not be one of them yet but nobody can deny that there are some coaches that just don't belong.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

I'm pessimistic but trying to keep an open mind until the end of this season and the next recruiting cycle.

On the field they should be good this year … anything in the 8-4 range sends the alarm bells into a full scale alert of the highest levels

It’s one thing to me if we got our targets and the stars weren’t where you’d like them

But we’re seeing significant numbers of decommits AND whiffing on many of our top targets (particularly some that should be layups

The biggest worry is likely to come when we see heavy attrition in the off-season … that has the chance to topple the house of cards Jimmy is presiding over

I certainly don't begrudge you your opinion, but it's interesting coming from Mr. Always Count on UW to make the Wrong Decision.
    Race’s MO has always been prove to me that I should crown your ass prior to me crowning your ass

With Jimmy it’s LIPO despite that the WINNERS WIN mantra has been punished in recruiting
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Race’s MO has always been prove to me that I should crown your ass prior to me crowning your ass

With Jimmy it’s LIPO despite that the WINNERS WIN mantra has been punished in recruiting
    The Donovan hire, the Gregory promotion and the awful recruiting are all signs that we are in trouble.

I suppose my hope is that we steamroll the Pac-12 this year and then Jimmy gets a couple big signees and the staff starts trying harder and we see gains and seed momentum. That's a lot to hope for but it's where I'm at.
    Jimmy has surrounded himself with yes people

K had enough sway to check Jimmy and I’m pretty sure reading between the lines that he got pushed out the door
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,503

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The Donovan hire, the Gregory promotion and the awful recruiting are all signs that we are in trouble.

I suppose my hope is that we steamroll the Pac-12 this year and then Jimmy gets a couple big signees and the staff starts trying harder and we see gains and seed momentum. That's a lot to hope for but it's where I'm at.
    The wheels are about to fall off. What we do this year won't stop that. Two piss poor recruiting classes in a row and a staff that doesn't belong at William & Mary (first school that popped into my head) let alone Washington will show up soon. People can "LIPO" all they want. It will happen.
    They've already fallen off
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The wheels are about to fall off. What we do this year won't stop that. Two piss poor recruiting classes in a row and a staff that doesn't belong at William & Mary (first school that popped into my head) let alone Washington will show up soon. People can "LIPO" all they want. It will happen.
    This recruiting class and how it has played out is watching the Titanic hit the iceberg … it’s not going to sink immediately but it’s taking on water and it’s a race against time to see if someone can bail everybody out
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

K had enough sway to check Jimmy and I’m pretty sure reading between the lines that he got pushed out the door
    A huge raise and coaching for a bigger program is being pushed out the door?

Your reading between the lines shit seems fictional to me.
    Don't stop him. He's on a roll
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

You seem upset
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Perhaps so …

The move never made sense to me

K struck me as someone that wasn’t going to look as long as he didn’t have a reason to do so

The pay raise I suspect was as much an overpay to tilt him leaving over the line … gave him the blank check and he wrote in the number

Said differently … could you ever see K leaving if Pete was still the coach?
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

This recruiting class and how it has played out is watching the Titanic hit the iceberg … it’s not going to sink immediately but it’s taking on water and it’s a race against time to see if someone can bail everybody out
    when (if) we have a good season, that will just be the band playing their instruments on the deck
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Perhaps so …

K struck me as someone that wasn’t going to look as long as he didn’t have a reason to do so

The pay raise I suspect was as much an overpay to tilt him leaving over the line … gave him the blank check and he wrote in the number

Petersen demoted K to keep Jimmy

And Petersen hand picked Jimmy to succeed him as head coach

Doesn't fit your narrative
  • Options
    K offered to take a demotion to retain Jimmy in staff

K has never expressed any interest in being a HC

My suspicion is that upon being the HC the relationship between Jimmy and K turned for the worse

K was given an offer he couldn’t refuse … which is probably also the first time he’s put himself out there as open to considering offers

But I’m sure I don’t know anything … never seem to
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Perhaps so …

Petersen demoted K to keep Jimmy

And Petersen hand picked Jimmy to succeed him as head coach

Doesn't fit your narrative
    Basically just like DJ and Lambo.

HCs, even great ones, are terrible at evaluating who would make a great HC.

And Petersen wasn't a great one.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,795
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

My suspicion is that upon being the HC the relationship between Jimmy and K turned for the worse

K was given an offer he couldn’t refuse … which is probably also the first time he’s put himself out there as open to considering offers

You are consistently embarrassing
  • Options

Tequilla said:

You are consistently embarrassing
    You’re a broken record … FUCK OFF