Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Lake

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,352
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

That’s the best you’ve got?

I don’t even need to untie the gloves for this …

Well, I'll credit this thread's AIDS for one thing: I learned something today. The idea of untying gloves sounded so silly that I was forced to look it up, which is when I learned that boxing gloves actually lace up and are tied. Go figure! But this raises a whole category of new questions for me: How do you untie the first glove with no fingers or thumbs? Do you have to get somebody else to do it? And so when Tequilla takes the gloves off on the forum, there's another poaster there to untie them for him? Which one of you fucks is that?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

That’s the best you’ve got?

I don’t even need to untie the gloves for this …

Well, I'll credit this thread's AIDS for one thing: I learned something today. The idea of untying gloves sounded so silly that I was forced to look it up, which is when I learned that boxing gloves actually lace up and are tied. Go figure! But this raises a whole category of new questions for me: How do you untie the first glove with no fingers or thumbs? Do you have to get somebody else to do it? And so when Tequilla takes the gloves off on the forum, there's another poaster there to untie them for him? Which one of you fucks is that?
    Usually boxing gloves get cut after the fight …

They typically are tied first and then taped … then the scissors go in and rip up everything
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,302
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I'm pessimistic but trying to keep an open mind until the end of this season and the next recruiting cycle.

It’s fair to keep an open mind

On the field they should be good this year … anything in the 8-4 range sends the alarm bells into a full scale alert of the highest levels

It’s one thing to me if we got our targets and the stars weren’t where you’d like them

But we’re seeing significant numbers of decommits AND whiffing on many of our top targets (particularly some that should be layups

The biggest worry is likely to come when we see heavy attrition in the off-season … that has the chance to topple the house of cards Jimmy is presiding over
    If they suck this year I will fight my way back off the bandwagon

I reuse to panic over the future until after the season
    Fair enough. We just ask that you let the rest of us panic in peace.
    I needed a new unpopular leader to supper
    I certainly don't begrudge you your opinion, but it's interesting coming from Mr. Always Count on UW to make the Wrong Decision.
    Race’s MO has always been prove to me that I should crown your ass prior to me crowning your ass

With Jimmy it’s LIPO despite that the WINNERS WIN mantra has been punished in recruiting
    The Donovan hire, the Gregory promotion and the awful recruiting are all signs that we are in trouble.

I suppose my hope is that we steamroll the Pac-12 this year and then Jimmy gets a couple big signees and the staff starts trying harder and we see gains and seed momentum. That's a lot to hope for but it's where I'm at.
    Jimmy has surrounded himself with yes people

K had enough sway to check Jimmy and I’m pretty sure reading between the lines that he got pushed out the door
    A huge raise and coaching for a bigger program is being pushed out the door?

Your reading between the lines shit seems fictional to me.
    Perhaps so …

The move never made sense to me

K struck me as someone that wasn’t going to look as long as he didn’t have a reason to do so

The pay raise I suspect was as much an overpay to tilt him leaving over the line … gave him the blank check and he wrote in the number

Said differently … could you ever see K leaving if Pete was still the coach?
    Petersen demoted K to keep Jimmy

And Petersen hand picked Jimmy to succeed him as head coach

Doesn't fit your narrative
    Basically just like DJ and Lambo.

HCs, even great ones, are terrible at evaluating who would make a great HC.

And Petersen wasn't a great one.
    Or Stoops and Lincoln Reilly

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Or Urban and Ryan Day
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Have to also think the school's overall lack of commitment to football might play a factor. If Oregon is recruiting you they can easily point out that Washington wasn't able to find a way to let their kids play in a championship game and they did and as a kid you'd have to listen to that in my opinion

Could be. But Jimmy is also at fault for that. Plenty of schools didn't miss a beat due to covid tracing. Were they all just lucky, or did their coaches manage to circumvent a comically dysfunctional system?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    APAG actually researched this during one of our searches. Hire the assistant or hire the existing head coach

The keepers were about the same and most of them suck anyway

Same as always
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,296
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It sounds like 2023 will not be special
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

APAG actually researched this during one of our searches. Hire the assistant or hire the existing head coach

The keepers were about the same and most of them suck anyway

Same as always

Most coaches start with the odds stacked against them. Those odds start to look even bleaker when you hire John Donovan, promote Bob, and surpass your predecessor's decommits in a single offseason.

Anyways, we're repeating ourselves. Jimmy sucks, the program is over, start following hockey.
    RELEASE THE KRACKEN
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

We are in a stage of denial if we think all it takes to change recruiting momentum is winning on the field

Lots of you are delusional about recruiting. Winning absolutely helps recruiting. Kids see teams balling out and want to do the same thing.

We went 8-5 in 2019 and had last season cancelled. We also had a boring offense during Pete’s time and also lost every big bowl game. The whole conference except for Oregon doesn’t seem to be recruiting well.
    There's been enough anecdotes of how lazy and arrogant Jimmy's approach to recruiting is that I don't buy the 8-5 or covid season excuses.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Meh im still in LIPO mode for this season. I will say I am much less excited than I typically am for UW football and don't have high hopes for Jimbo but he gets a full season.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

We are in a stage of denial if we think all it takes to change recruiting momentum is winning on the field

Lots of you are delusional about recruiting. Winning absolutely helps recruiting. Kids see teams balling out and want to do the same thing.

We went 8-5 in 2019 and had last season cancelled. We also had a boring offense during Pete’s time and also lost every big bowl game. The whole conference except for Oregon doesn’t seem to be recruiting well.
    There's been enough anecdotes of how lazy and arrogant Jimmy's approach to recruiting is that I don't buy the 8-5 or covid season excuses.
    Classic confirmation bias imo
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jimmy got a lot of credit for recruiting under Petersen

Might want to keep the cork on the champagne

And beat the Beavs
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,297
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Jimmy got a lot of credit for recruiting under Petersen

Might want to keep the cork on the champagne

And beat the Beavs

Credit deserved? Or was it Pete actually closing the deal?
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

This isn’t what the comments from a leader looks like
    Ohio State must not be dealing with young high school kids
    they just get them to leave high school