Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How does Trump recover from this mess...

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958
    edited October 2020

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

I still can’t believe how badly Trump fucked up the condemning hate groups question.

“I condemn racism and hate groups of all kinds, unlike my opponent, who calls black people street predators, and is worried about white kids having to grow up in a racial jungle. My opponent, who supported race riots for months and encouraged domestic terrorists to attack the police and residents of our cities.”

That is low hanging fruit, and Trump fucked up royally with the “stand down and stand by” comment. He basically made himself the commanding officer of the Proud Boys.

We call those unforced errors, imo

The worst part about it was that the question was SO OBBIOUSLY canned and served up for him as a test. And while he was in the process of failing the test, the moderator kept nudging him and making it clear that this was a statement question and gave him a couple of chances to get it right and he just kept fucking it up. You could tell the gears were spinning and he made a calculated move. He just calculated badly. Very, very, very badly.

I have a sense for the line on which he is dancing. There are plenty of people, both in and outside of his base, who speak plainly and directly about race relations and have politically incorrect views on race according to the left; but those people are not racists. The Tug, for example, is full of those people. I think perhaps Trump and his advisors don't sufficiently appreciate the difference between those people and people like the Proud Boys. If I'm right about that, then that's on him and his people.

In any event, whatever the reason, he wasn't good on his feet on that point and he may have really screwed the pooch. I don't think this one just goes away because of our? short attention span. If I'm on the left, I hammer this point until it's done.
    I know very little about the proud boys other than it was founded by former Vice media founder and its now run by a Enrique Tarrio, an AfroCuban guy.

Here the mini Dateline documentary done by Dateline from a couple years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7f4b1o6BKM&app=desktop

Are they actually a white supremacist group or are they just labeled that by the media at large?
    They aren't white supremacist.

The media is lazy and/or disingenuous.
    Their founder has certainly danced on the line of white nationalism.

In 2002 he stated that he was glad that Brooklyn hipsters were predominantly white. In a separate interview he said, ''I love being white and I think it's something to be very proud of.
    “I don't want our culture diluted. We need to close the borders now and let everyone assimilate to a Western, white, English-speaking way of life.''

Sounds like OBK if I say so myself.

There are some interesting articles out there about the increased enrollment of afro-hispanics with the organization. Not sure I understand the group entirely myself. I would expect you'd find a decent amount of racist people among their ranks despite the membership of afro-hispanics.
    Didn't watch/didn't read, but is the "founder's quote" there from Gavin McInness?
    Yes.
    McIness is no longer a part of the group. What’s your point? The group now is clearly integrated and their leader is a Black* Cubano.

The Democrats were originally founded by slave owners and were segregationists into the 1970s. Joe Biden was pro-segregation as recently as 1977. They filibustered the Civil Rights Act.

Does the mean every Democrat today believes in racism and Jim Crow?
    Yeah, I already said that Duck.

And we know how you feel about the Dixiecrats and partyswitch theory, so not a great comparison to make a point. And McInnes left in late 2018, so yeah, he been gone long tim.

Nobody said everybody in PB was anything. You made that up.

My point was that it was founded by a racist and anti-semitic kook who only left the group to help some of his bros beat the rap. Did I write too many words again?

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

I still can’t believe how badly Trump fucked up the condemning hate groups question.

“I condemn racism and hate groups of all kinds, unlike my opponent, who calls black people street predators, and is worried about white kids having to grow up in a racial jungle. My opponent, who supported race riots for months and encouraged domestic terrorists to attack the police and residents of our cities.”

That is low hanging fruit, and Trump fucked up royally with the “stand down and stand by” comment. He basically made himself the commanding officer of the Proud Boys.

The worst part about it was that the question was SO OBBIOUSLY canned and served up for him as a test. And while he was in the process of failing the test, the moderator kept nudging him and making it clear that this was a statement question and gave him a couple of chances to get it right and he just kept fucking it up. You could tell the gears were spinning and he made a calculated move. He just calculated badly. Very, very, very badly.

I have a sense for the line on which he is dancing. There are plenty of people, both in and outside of his base, who speak plainly and directly about race relations and have politically incorrect views on race according to the left; but those people are not racists. The Tug, for example, is full of those people. I think perhaps Trump and his advisors don't sufficiently appreciate the difference between those people and people like the Proud Boys. If I'm right about that, then that's on him and his people.

In any event, whatever the reason, he wasn't good on his feet on that point and he may have really screwed the pooch. I don't think this one just goes away because of our? short attention span. If I'm on the left, I hammer this point until it's done.
    I know very little about the proud boys other than it was founded by former Vice media founder and its now run by a Enrique Tarrio, an AfroCuban guy.

Here the mini Dateline documentary done by Dateline from a couple years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7f4b1o6BKM&app=desktop

Are they actually a white supremacist group or are they just labeled that by the media at large?

In 2002 he stated that he was glad that Brooklyn hipsters were predominantly white. In a separate interview he said, ''I love being white and I think it's something to be very proud of.
    “I don't want our culture diluted. We need to close the borders now and let everyone assimilate to a Western, white, English-speaking way of life.''

There are some interesting articles out there about the increased enrollment of afro-hispanics with the organization. Not sure I understand the group entirely myself. I would expect you'd find a decent amount of racist people among their ranks despite the membership of afro-hispanics.
    There are racists in the group. There are racist Antifa members. Anything that's not lock step with the SJW agenda is suspect to these sheep.

Media acts like it's neo-Nazis and it's not. They carry water for slow Joe, Dems, and China. We all see it.
    I don't think they are neo-nazi or KKK and said as much pretty early on. But the group was founded by a guy with those tendencies and he hasn't been gone long. They may well have cleaned themselves up. Don't know. I do know it's not a group that the Pres. should affiliate or align himself with. If you disagree with that then fine.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

Didn't watch/didn't read, but is the "founder's quote" there from Gavin McInness?
    Yes.
    McInnes is well-documented for his malarkey.
    edited October 2020

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

Yes.
    Malarkey - meaning he's joking? Or a slightly more credible Alex Jones?

Supposedly there is a video he made, that has since been taken down, entitled "10 Things I hate about the Jews" that he filmed on location in Israel. I couldn't find it or any summary of the content. The OKB quote about "white America" though is out there. There's even a video of him reading his own quote.

I knew nothing about him, but he doesn't seem like a guy who's going to make it to one of Creep's big-time filler-brief-writing corporate lawyer cocktail parties. Seems like a fellow who enjoys fist fighting just a little too much for me.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

There are racists in the group. There are racist Antifa members. Anything that's not lock step with the SJW agenda is suspect to these sheep.

Media acts like it's neo-Nazis and it's not. They carry water for slow Joe, Dems, and China. We all see it.
    I don't think they are neo-nazi or KKK and said as much pretty early on. But the group was founded by a guy with those tendencies and he hasn't been gone long. They may well have cleaned themselves up. Don't know. I do know it's not a group that the Pres. should affiliate or align himself with. If you disagree with that then fine.
    He didn't.

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

He didn't.
    OK!!!!!!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    Your lucky I went into carpet laying instead of the Law like my mom wanted

*You're"
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

Yes.

Supposedly there is a video he made, that has since been taken down, entitled "10 Things I hate about the Jews" that he filmed on location in Israel. I couldn't find it or any summary of the content. The OKB quote about "white America" though is out there. There's even a video of him reading his own quote.

I knew nothing about him, but he doesn't seem like a guy who's going to make it to one of Creep's big-time filler-brief-writing corporate lawyer cocktail parties. Seems like a fellow who enjoys fist fighting just a little too much for me.
    Jokester. Go to 1:50
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9tN04NYj_k
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

Yes.
    McIness is no longer a part of the group. What’s your point? The group now is clearly integrated and their leader is a Black* Cubano.

The Democrats were originally founded by slave owners and were segregationists into the 1970s. Joe Biden was pro-segregation as recently as 1977. They filibustered the Civil Rights Act.

And we know how you feel about the Dixiecrats and partyswitch theory, so not a great comparison to make a point. And McInnes left in late 2018, so yeah, he been gone long tim.

My point was that it was founded by a racist and anti-semitic kook who only left the group to help some of his bros beat the rap. Did I write too many words again?
    Is “Duck” supposed to be an insult?

And yes, you wrote too many words again.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

I agree. Trump screwed that up. The leftists and media will and have pounced, and most people don't know much about the PB and take dumb social media posts and the feckless media's takes on them seriously.

As for Gavin, he's a provocateur and comedian. He loves to hear himself talk. I haven't seen his YouTube stuff much for six months or so. Maybe he's racist. But to the left everything is so the cynical question is how much.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,012 Standard Supporter
    The Nation of Islam is explicitly anti-white and anti-Semitic. Spike Lee loves himself some interracial relationships. If we played reverse the races, both Farrakhan and Spike Lee would be nobodies with no influence at all on the body politic and be broke ass. Official BLM is anti-white, anti-American, anti-family and pro communist and violent. Having the entire MSM and a big swath of Fox News focusing on white supremacists while ignoring the real danger to the US is beyond pathetic.

PS Lebron just to save himself from being hunted down by the police just bought a $37.5 million dollar mansion in LA. Imagine if the US was really the land of opportunity, he may have made something of himself.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

Public mea culpa. I had believed they were at least passively racist. Got some interesting private comments today and did a little research. They do not appear to be racist upon review. Do they have some members who are probably racist? sure.gif

But as an organization, I think there is leftist smear bullshit at work. Trump still could have handled the question better. Does bring up an interesting point though. If you are an organization that espouses violence but are black, it's totally cool. If you are an organization that is far right politically, you are automatically racist and everyone including Wikipedia will label you as racist whether it is true or not.

Pretty cool.
    Agree with most of that. My jury is still out on Proud Boys. Some interesting stuff out there about why black hispanics have joined and how that works ... kind of.

Also a lot of shit out there on the founder, Gavin McInnes, who's had his own radio show and has walked in alt-right circles forever. There's a lot to suggest he's a white nationalist and isn't fond of the Jews. Now, that's the founder and he left in 2018. So there's that. What they really are now is anybody's guess.
    McInnis is an English born Canadian shit-talking provocateur with a terminal case of short man's disease. NOGAF about him and the Proud Boys actually gained notoriety after he left the group.

Is it racist to support and defend Western Civilization? I don't think so.

Are their racists, sexists, psychos and queers in their ranks? Certainly. Those folks are everywhere these days.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

Public mea culpa. I had believed they were at least passively racist. Got some interesting private comments today and did a little research. They do not appear to be racist upon review. Do they have some members who are probably racist? sure.gif

But as an organization, I think there is leftist smear bullshit at work. Trump still could have handled the question better. Does bring up an interesting point though. If you are an organization that espouses violence but are black, it's totally cool. If you are an organization that is far right politically, you are automatically racist and everyone including Wikipedia will label you as racist whether it is true or not.

Pretty cool.
    Agree with most of that. My jury is still out on Proud Boys. Some interesting stuff out there about why black hispanics have joined and how that works ... kind of.

Also a lot of shit out there on the founder, Gavin McInnes, who's had his own radio show and has walked in alt-right circles forever. There's a lot to suggest he's a white nationalist and isn't fond of the Jews. Now, that's the founder and he left in 2018. So there's that. What they really are now is anybody's guess.
    McInnis is an English born Canadian shit-talking provocateur with a terminal case of short man's disease. NOGAF about him and the Proud Boys actually gained notoriety after he left the group.

Are their racists, sexists, psychos and queers in their ranks? Certainly. Those folks are everywhere these days.

Yeah - but we still let the Dazzler and @insinceredawg hang around here.

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

Yes.

Is “Duck” supposed to be an insult?

And yes, you wrote too many words again.
    Yes.

Better?

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

Yes.

Jokester. Go to 1:50
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9tN04NYj_k
    So, then, joking.

Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

Pretty cool.

Turd, we went down this path with OBK. You were there. When his extreme xenophobia ascribes to an entire ethnic group a inherent tendency toward communism and a bunch of other negative shit and he finally blurts out that having more than reasonable amounts of those people are going to fuck up the culture, we decided he finally showed it and sent it back to the basement for about a year or so before showing up with the new clown show. With this Canadian buffoon, he's laced that "preserve Western culture" schtick with being white. Apparently he was joking. I don't know these people and probably never will. We can just leave it at your last sentence. That's a good place to stop for me.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Lie after lie after lie from The News. Obviously FoxNews has changed and give their hairdo “reporters” a narrative.

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam

*You're"
    I really just come here for the cuog/bannon back and forth.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    edited October 2020
    I like Gavin's "brother" Miles a lot - the PLO loving leftard cuck who's a compilation of pretty much every soy boy on the West Coast