Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How does Trump recover from this mess...

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    edited October 2020

DuckDan wouldn’t rent to Section 8 recipients and @HHusky was his biggest fan.

This is a fact
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter

The Proud Boys appear to be more diverse than the school that Biden wanted to send his kids to

Gee did the Left lie again?

@creepycoug what say you?
    See my response to @HoustonHusky . I don't operate in that crowd. Too low brow for a big-time corporate lawyer who fills his days filling his briefs with filler information and then hitting the links.

Maybe they are only antisemitic. I don't really know. Or maybe they're pretty enlightened and welcome all members. I kind of doubt that. The group in Portland has a pretty bad rep and has attracted some skinhead peel offs from what I've read / heard. To be fair, I've also read/heard that the group tries to limit that particular element.

I'm guessing that if you ran with that bunch you'd probably encounter more than a few racist people, but then that can be said about a lot of groups.

I know one thing: Cubans can be pretty racist. It never occurred to me that black-Cubans could be racist against themselves. Damn.

Here's my serious guess: the people who started the group's organization were pleasantly surprised to learn that there are black Hispanics who are REALLY FUCKING CONSERVATIVE and were like, "we hit the jackpot! bring those guys in!"
    You'll find bizarre anti-semitism factions in almost any organized group. There are plenty in the Seattle Teacher's Union, for example, and they gather like flies around Kshama Sawant. It seems to be receding on the right while growing on the left, IMHO.

And you'll find ex-cons, registered sex offenders, including pedophiles, rapists, domestic abusers, skinheads and racists by the truck full at any Antifa rally. A lot of Antifa are there just to break and burn shit while assaulting people and attacking "the system" or "the man" - probably because they were held accountable for some heinous crime they still won't admit they committed or was their fault.

Many Antifa are simply social retards living out (larping) their video game fantasies of conducting some fictitious war against some fictitious enemy on the streets, all in hopes of eventually getting laid. It's not that complicated.
    A lot of truth to this.

I've never fully understood the origins of the wide-spread issue with the Jews. So many groups take issue with them and I don't get it.
    Short Answer: Simpletonism. It's a lot easier to say "Jews are bad" or "Orange Man Bad" than to delve into the policies and actions that underlie the controversy that surrounds them.

80% - 90% of Biden voters simply hate Trump while being stunningly unaware of what a duplicitous prick Biden has been for decades, accomplishing astonishingly little in his 47 years on Capitol Hill while riding the Catholic vote to repeated election victories.

The same group probably can't list 5 things Trump has done - good or bad - that would justify a vote in favor or against, but they'll almost universally tell you what an asshole, jerk, or racist Trump is.

Meanwhile, Biden is just "the other guy" representing the "anyone but Trump" contingent.
    Agreed. But anti-Trumpism is a blip on the historical radar. The Jews have incurred the ire of people all over the globe seemingly since the beginning of time. It's crazy how maligned they have been and by as many different groups. It's astonishing.
    Not that astonishing if you've ever witnessed some of the women harassing a sales clerk to allow a return past 30 days.

Annoying as fucking hell.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    The hate for the jews goes back to usury laws methinks. Christians were unable to loan money to other christians and the Jews stepped in. Most religions banned interest when loaning money to a persons of the same faith. Again, the jews stepped in. Much more complicated but the jews were the bankers. Still are some think.

One of the best conspiracy (and maybe truthful) is the Rothschilds Bank of France loaning money to the Bank of England to defeat the French and Napoleon (before he became a dessert). That would piss a lot of people off towards the Jews.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,203 Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

The hate for the jews goes back to usury laws methinks. Christians were unable to loan money to other christians and the Jews stepped in. Most religions banned interest when loaning money to a persons of the same faith. Again, the jews stepped in. Much more complicated but the jews were the bankers. Still are some think.

One of the best conspiracy (and maybe truthful) is the Rothschilds Bank of France loaning money to the Bank of England to defeat the French and Napoleon (before he became a dessert). That would piss a lot of people off towards the Jews.

The Rothschild thing isn’t even a conspiracy, it’s definitely true. Though it wasn’t through bank of France I don’t think, it was through his own company in England.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bull fucking shit!

"Stand down . . but, but, but the problem is the left!" Equivocating motherfucker.

I know Race, real racism is knowing what the "N-word" stands for.

HHusky said:

Bull fucking shit!

"Stand down . . but, but, but the problem is the left!" Equivocating motherfucker.

I know Race, real racism is knowing what the "N-word" stands for.

Shut up cracker

Joe Biden said my kids aren't good enough to go to school with his kids in the jungle

No one in our house is confused as to the racist is

Take your white bread racist ass and go fuck yourself
    You seem to have entirely forgotten that your kids aren't good enough to rent in one of Daddy's shitty buildings.

Tuff liberal lawyer must be ashamed.

Now I did have to threaten a condo in Democrat Seattle when they tried to renege on a rental agreement when they saw the family

Maybe you were the issue.
    Since they rented it to me when I was alone I don't think so

Your continuing defense of racism is noted
    Riiiggght. Daddy was framed by Nixon's Justice Department, I'm sure.
    You mean grandpa dumbass

Not renting to welfare recipients equals not renting to Blacks. If you're racist

Meanwhile Joe Biden didn't want his kids going to school with our kids

Cracker
    DuckDan wouldn’t rent to Section 8 recipients and @HHusky was his biggest fan.
    Oh you girls and your lingo. What the Hell is a Section 8 recipient?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    At this point I really don't care all that much because it's virtually guaranteed that a republican woman will win in 2024.

The Dems will run a woman too but in case you haven't noticed all dem women are absolute harpies.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    We could be facing the Nazis and proud boys could be our only hope and I still couldn't support them due to how fucking gay that name is
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958

The Proud Boys appear to be more diverse than the school that Biden wanted to send his kids to

Gee did the Left lie again?

@creepycoug what say you?
    See my response to @HoustonHusky . I don't operate in that crowd. Too low brow for a big-time corporate lawyer who fills his days filling his briefs with filler information and then hitting the links.

Maybe they are only antisemitic. I don't really know. Or maybe they're pretty enlightened and welcome all members. I kind of doubt that. The group in Portland has a pretty bad rep and has attracted some skinhead peel offs from what I've read / heard. To be fair, I've also read/heard that the group tries to limit that particular element.

I'm guessing that if you ran with that bunch you'd probably encounter more than a few racist people, but then that can be said about a lot of groups.

I know one thing: Cubans can be pretty racist. It never occurred to me that black-Cubans could be racist against themselves. Damn.

Here's my serious guess: the people who started the group's organization were pleasantly surprised to learn that there are black Hispanics who are REALLY FUCKING CONSERVATIVE and were like, "we hit the jackpot! bring those guys in!"
    Was wondering why I kept getting notifications...think you meant @Houhusky.

As for the Proud Boys, they started out as a bunch of counterculture hipster wanna-be meathead dudes in NYC that like to go meet up and drink. Founded by a guy who is married to a Native America, and currently run by a Hispanic guy. They are a hell of a lot more ethnically diverse than the BLM riots on the West Coast which are almost all pasty white beta rich kids, which makes is ironic that the nutjob Left are labeling the Proud Boys as a hate group. Because they are over-the-top patriotic.

And because the nutjob Left are racists...
    I did. Sorry about that.

Then again, Richard Spencer apparently likes a little color in his girls friends too. Who among us doesn't like some of the other in some contexts.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    edited October 2020

thechatch said:

I still can’t believe how badly Trump fucked up the condemning hate groups question.

“I condemn racism and hate groups of all kinds, unlike my opponent, who calls black people street predators, and is worried about white kids having to grow up in a racial jungle. My opponent, who supported race riots for months and encouraged domestic terrorists to attack the police and residents of our cities.”

That is low hanging fruit, and Trump fucked up royally with the “stand down and stand by” comment. He basically made himself the commanding officer of the Proud Boys.

We call those unforced errors, imo

The worst part about it was that the question was SO OBVIOUSLY canned and served up for him as a test. And while he was in the process of failing the test, the moderator kept nudging him and making it clear that this was a statement question and gave him a couple of chances to get it right and he just kept fucking it up. You could tell the gears were spinning and he made a calculated move. He just calculated badly. Very, very, very badly.

I have a sense for the line on which he is dancing. There are plenty of people, both in and outside of his base, who speak plainly and directly about race relations and have politically incorrect views on race according to the left; but those people are not racists. The Tug, for example, is full of those people. I think perhaps Trump and his advisors don't sufficiently appreciate the difference between those people and people like the Proud Boys. If I'm right about that, then that's on him and his people.

In any event, whatever the reason, he wasn't good on his feet on that point and he may have really screwed the pooch. I don't think this one just goes away because of our? short attention span. If I'm on the left, I hammer this point until it's done.
    I think you nailed it. There are plenty of good decent folks who see BLM and say "they are the real racists basing everything on skin color, being aggrieved, having huge double standards on black v black vs. white v black violence, and being violent in US cities when not getting their way." To the hardcore left, those people who think like that are racists, but to everyone else with a brain nothing about that comment is racist. It's fact, not feeling. The Proud Boys and other groups are not that though. They range from passively to militantly anti-black.

The issue with Trump is he is too politically clumsy to court the first group - rational actors who see the huge double standards and issues with cancel culture and a BLM movement based on tearing down America - without clearly denouncing the second group - actual dyed in the wool get to the back of the bus racists. It's not a super difficult task for a deft public speaker with some real political chops, but Trump wasn't hired for his political chops. He's a bull, and bulls don't do bonsai, they break china (lulz).

Trump blew it hard with that exchange, and it played right into the hands of how the media has been trying to portray him for 4 years. Everyone who isn't a complete brain on fire imbecile knows Trump isn't actually a racist, he is a clumsy politician trying to court a huge rational segment of the electorate with legitimate concerns over issues of race. But, the media has all the ammo they need now to paint him as the Grand Dragon. You have to pitch a perfect game as a GOP candidate in a tight race, when the entire political establishment, ballot fraud, and the media empire is allied against you, and Trump's heater was junk when he needed it most.

Mark me down for Biden in a closer one than people expected. Only caveat is if there are more debates and we get drooling Joe just once.

Swaye said:

thechatch said:

I still can’t believe how badly Trump fucked up the condemning hate groups question.

“I condemn racism and hate groups of all kinds, unlike my opponent, who calls black people street predators, and is worried about white kids having to grow up in a racial jungle. My opponent, who supported race riots for months and encouraged domestic terrorists to attack the police and residents of our cities.”

That is low hanging fruit, and Trump fucked up royally with the “stand down and stand by” comment. He basically made himself the commanding officer of the Proud Boys.

The worst part about it was that the question was SO OBVIOUSLY canned and served up for him as a test. And while he was in the process of failing the test, the moderator kept nudging him and making it clear that this was a statement question and gave him a couple of chances to get it right and he just kept fucking it up. You could tell the gears were spinning and he made a calculated move. He just calculated badly. Very, very, very badly.

I have a sense for the line on which he is dancing. There are plenty of people, both in and outside of his base, who speak plainly and directly about race relations and have politically incorrect views on race according to the left; but those people are not racists. The Tug, for example, is full of those people. I think perhaps Trump and his advisors don't sufficiently appreciate the difference between those people and people like the Proud Boys. If I'm right about that, then that's on him and his people.

In any event, whatever the reason, he wasn't good on his feet on that point and he may have really screwed the pooch. I don't think this one just goes away because of our? short attention span. If I'm on the left, I hammer this point until it's done.
    I think you nailed it. There are plenty of good decent folks who see BLM and say "they are the real racists basing everything on skin color, being aggrieved, having huge double standards on black v black vs. white v black violence, and being violent in US cities when not getting their way." To the hardcore left, those people who think like that are racists, but to everyone else with a brain nothing about that comment is racist. It's fact, not feeling. The Proud Boys and other groups are not that though. They range from passively to militantly anti-black.

The issue with Trump is he is too politically clumsy to court the first group - rational actors who see the huge double standards and issues with cancel culture and a BLM movement based on tearing down America - without clearly denouncing the second group - actual dyed in the wool get to the back of the bus racists. It's not a super difficult task for a deft public speaker with some real political chops, but Trump wasn't hired for his political chops. He's a bull, and bulls don't do bonsai, they break china (lulz).

Trump blew it hard with that exchange, and it played right into the hands of how the media has been trying to portray him for 4 years. Everyone who isn't a complete brain on fire imbecile knows Trump isn't actually a racist, he is a clumsy politician trying to court a huge rational segment of the electorate with legitimate concerns over issues of race. But, the media has all the ammo they need now to paint him as the Grand Dragon. You have to pitch a perfect game as a GOP candidate in a tight race, when the entire political establishment, ballot fraud, and the media empire is allied against you, and Trump's heater was junk when he needed it most.

Mark me down for Biden in a closer one than people expected. Only caveat is if there are more debates and we get drooling Joe just once.

Disagree
    edited October 2020

Swaye said:

thechatch said:

Disagree
    Which part? Trump fumbled the Proud Boys question, or loses in a squeaker? Or all of the above?

edit: I know you agree with the "We didn't hire Trump to be a politician" angle, because super secret gay cabal.
    Its already collapsed and blown over. Just like all the rest

Clean some things up and get back out there

What nobody wants to address is that tripping over some imaginary low bar isn't getting Joe elected

That guy is not fit to lead and America knows it even if our media leaders won't report it

And team joe leapt at two more debates

Fish on

What nobody wants to address is that tripping over some imaginary low bar isn't getting Joe elected

That guy is not fit to lead and America knows it even if our media leaders won't report it

Fish on

That was the best news yet. I just can't imagine this guy getting through 3 debates without showing the confused dementia Joe. And if he does, it's sweaty Nixon part duh.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020

We could be facing the Nazis and proud boys could be our only hope and I still couldn't support them due to how fucking gay that name is

You're confusing the Proud Boys with the Proud Patriotic Cock-Sucking Butt-fuckers. Easy to do.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam

Fish on

The people convinced one way or another didn't change based on this debate.

Worst thing for Joe is that people found it unbearable and tuned out. He needs enthusiasm and not apathy from people not in his base. Lowering to Trump's level doesn't help him with that. He needed to be statesman like and cool and he lost that five minutes in.