Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How does Trump recover from this mess...

GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,215
Thoughts? Or does he?

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club
    Goduckies said:

Thoughts? Or does he?

People will forget in 2 days until he does it again in the 2nd and 3rd debates then they'll be back to chasing squirrels
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    I'm looking forward to those oysters.

lol
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2020
    Trump needs to get into the groove of his rallies. Playing offense, USA! USA! USA!, land of opportunity for all people, all races, etc. Hammer on corruption/Hunter, 47 years of nothing, drain the swamp.

The Rope A Dope playing defense was a horrible strategery.

People forget Ali lost the first bout to Frazier, pummeled him in the 2nd fight and then scored a TKO while almost dying during the Thrilla in Manila. People forget that.

Biden in November:

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    whlinder said:

Ain't no one out there like "hmmm, who should I vote for, I think I'll watch a debate to help me figure it out"

Nope but it was pure fucking entertainment
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Trump was I’ll prepared and low energy. That said, every time he began to strike, Wallace would shout out to block his answer and Biden would pile on with something incoherent.

If debates continue, this strategy will get worse becoming more obnoxious. It’s a good strategy. It worked. Trump looked like he hadn’t even considered Jimmy Lakes defense as he kept running short crosses over and over
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    doogie said:

Trump was I’ll prepared and low energy. That said, every time he began to strike, Wallace would shout out to block his answer and Biden would pile on with something incoherent.

If debates continue, this strategy will get worse becoming more obnoxious. It’s a good strategy. It worked. Trump looked like he hadn’t even considered Jimmy Lakes defense as he kept running short crosses over and over

Trump will do better knowing he's the road team. The next moderator can't be Joe's buttboy again
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    The next moderator is an NPR clown and a room full of Biden supporters who pretend to be “undecided voters” quick to shout down Trump every tim he answers.

I predict a controlled Mob scene with Trump appearing quite frustrated. Joe will giggle and smile and just repeat Cmon, maaaan!

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Trump needs to get into the groove of his rallies. Playing offense, USA! USA! USA!, land of opportunity for all people, all races, etc. Hammer on corruption/Hunter, 47 years of nothing, drain the swamp.

The Rope A Dope playing defense was a horrible strategery.

People forget Ali lost the first bout to Frazier, pummeled him in the 2nd fight and then scored a TKO while almost dying during the Thrilla in Manila. People forget that.

Biden in November:

I believe Frazier lost his eye sight in that eye after that fight in Manila
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,012 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2020
    Didn't think that Biden would do any debates. Doubling down that there won't be anymore debates. Biden now has some leverage to say what's the point. The constant interrupting and the unforced error on denouncing white supremacists and then demand that Biden denounce Antifa and the riots gives Biden all the cover he needs.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Trump fumbled this one badly. I don't think debates matter much but I expected Trump to destroy Biden and that didn't happen at all. Trump was at his worst last night.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Trump fumbled this one badly. I don't think debates matter much but I expected Trump to destroy Biden and that didn't happen at all. Trump was at his worst last night.

Recently watched a documentary on Richard Pryor. Pryor made a comeback after his burning man impression and did a show in LA. He flopped. Nothing clicked. Nobody laughed. It was horrible. He actually apologized to the crowd and said "come back tomorrow night".

Next night he killed it. Absolutely on point. Hilarious as in his cracker/dead honky phase.

It's not over for Trump.

• AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,093 Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

I still can’t believe how badly Trump fucked up the condemning hate groups question.

“I condemn racism and hate groups of all kinds, unlike my opponent, who calls black people street predators, and is worried about white kids having to grow up in a racial jungle. My opponent, who supported race riots for months and encouraged domestic terrorists to attack the police and residents of our cities.”

That is low hanging fruit, and Trump fucked up royally with the “stand down and stand by” comment. He basically made himself the commanding officer of the Proud Boys.

We call those unforced errors, imo

I thought he did also, but from what I saw (granted, I didn't watch, was on a plane last night) the question made it seem like if he would have just denounced white supremacy, then he would be in fact claiming that the violence in Portland, Seattle, etc. was the result of white supremacy. Seemed to me, while he did fumble, he did still say, sure, I would love to, but these aren't right wing problems, they are left wing.

my 81 cents.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Recently watched a documentary on Richard Pryor. Pryor made a comeback after his burning man impression and did a show in LA. He flopped. Nothing clicked. Nobody laughed. It was horrible. He actually apologized to the crowd and said "come back tomorrow night".

Next night he killed it. Absolutely on point. Hilarious as in his cracker/dead honky phase.

It's not over for Trump.

I agree. Just saying he was not on last night.