Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How does Trump recover from this mess...

Comments

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

Its already collapsed and blown over. Just like all the rest

Clean some things up and get back out there

What nobody wants to address is that tripping over some imaginary low bar isn't getting Joe elected

That guy is not fit to lead and America knows it even if our media leaders won't report it

And team joe leapt at two more debates

Fish on

Disagree. Hasn't collapsed and blown over. Yet.

Agree with the rest.
    It shouldn’t even be an issue. He’s disavowed and denounce white supremacists for decades.

It’s the retards on the Left who either forget it, or who make things up like Proud Boys being white supremacists, which they are no under any definition.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

I still can’t believe how badly Trump fucked up the condemning hate groups question.

“I condemn racism and hate groups of all kinds, unlike my opponent, who calls black people street predators, and is worried about white kids having to grow up in a racial jungle. My opponent, who supported race riots for months and encouraged domestic terrorists to attack the police and residents of our cities.”

That is low hanging fruit, and Trump fucked up royally with the “stand down and stand by” comment. He basically made himself the commanding officer of the Proud Boys.

We call those unforced errors, imo

The worst part about it was that the question was SO OBBIOUSLY canned and served up for him as a test. And while he was in the process of failing the test, the moderator kept nudging him and making it clear that this was a statement question and gave him a couple of chances to get it right and he just kept fucking it up. You could tell the gears were spinning and he made a calculated move. He just calculated badly. Very, very, very badly.

I have a sense for the line on which he is dancing. There are plenty of people, both in and outside of his base, who speak plainly and directly about race relations and have politically incorrect views on race according to the left; but those people are not racists. The Tug, for example, is full of those people. I think perhaps Trump and his advisors don't sufficiently appreciate the difference between those people and people like the Proud Boys. If I'm right about that, then that's on him and his people.

In any event, whatever the reason, he wasn't good on his feet on that point and he may have really screwed the pooch. I don't think this one just goes away because of our? short attention span. If I'm on the left, I hammer this point until it's done.
    I know very little about the proud boys other than it was founded by former Vice media founder and its now run by a Enrique Tarrio, an AfroCuban guy.

Here the mini Dateline documentary done by Dateline from a couple years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7f4b1o6BKM&app=desktop

Are they actually a white supremacist group or are they just labeled that by the media at large?
    They aren't white supremacist.

The media is lazy and/or disingenuous.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter

What nobody wants to address is that tripping over some imaginary low bar isn't getting Joe elected

That guy is not fit to lead and America knows it even if our media leaders won't report it

Fish on

Agree with the rest.
    Of course he has. It just isn't the narrative you hear every day

Imagine Trump hiding in the basement for 81% of the campaign. Then look at when Joe does appear. Then look at the debate without Trump and Chrissy deflecting attention away from Joe stumbling and closing his eyes and muttering nonsense

Like most of us agree - the next debate shut up and let Joe be Joe
    By "collapsed", I thought you meant the white supremacy group fumble. They're still talking about it.

Yes. And in the next debate, when you are served up a meatball on "white supremacy", don't fuck around; swing at it and make contact. Easy answer: "of course I denounce white supremacy. don't you?"

Nobody knew shit about Proud Boys before that.

Now they all know the Portland chapter is headed by a black guy and there are numerous blacks in the organization. Dems are dumb that way. Free pub.

Biden picked the wrong group. Should have gone KKK but that opens up his man love for Robert Byrd

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
    If you want a good laugh at the bias of Wikipedia, look up Proud Boys on there and then contrast it with Antifa.

The left lies and lies and has hardly anything to show for it
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958

Fish on

Agree with the rest.

Imagine Trump hiding in the basement for 81% of the campaign. Then look at when Joe does appear. Then look at the debate without Trump and Chrissy deflecting attention away from Joe stumbling and closing his eyes and muttering nonsense

By "collapsed", I thought you meant the white supremacy group fumble. They're still talking about it.

Yes. And in the next debate, when you are served up a meatball on "white supremacy", don't fuck around; swing at it and make contact. Easy answer: "of course I denounce white supremacy. don't you?"

Now they all know the Portland chapter is headed by a black guy and there are numerous blacks in the organization. Dems are dumb that way. Free pub.

Biden picked the wrong group. Should have gone KKK but that opens up his man love for Robert Byrd

But Wallace didn't. He asked simply if he would condemn white supremacist groups, and he fucked around with it before Biden even mentioned the Proud Boys.

This is pretty simple: don't do that again. Just say "of course" and don't make it seem like you have to think about it.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

Fish on

Agree with the rest.

But Wallace didn't. He asked simply if he would condemn white supremacist groups, and he fucked around with it before Biden even mentioned the Proud Boys.

This is pretty simple: don't do that again. Just say "of course" and don't make it seem like you have to think about it.
    Nope

Wallace asked Trump if he would tell them to stand down - the part that gets left out because it provides context

Trump said who

Biden said Proud Boys

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

I still can’t believe how badly Trump fucked up the condemning hate groups question.

“I condemn racism and hate groups of all kinds, unlike my opponent, who calls black people street predators, and is worried about white kids having to grow up in a racial jungle. My opponent, who supported race riots for months and encouraged domestic terrorists to attack the police and residents of our cities.”

That is low hanging fruit, and Trump fucked up royally with the “stand down and stand by” comment. He basically made himself the commanding officer of the Proud Boys.

The worst part about it was that the question was SO OBBIOUSLY canned and served up for him as a test. And while he was in the process of failing the test, the moderator kept nudging him and making it clear that this was a statement question and gave him a couple of chances to get it right and he just kept fucking it up. You could tell the gears were spinning and he made a calculated move. He just calculated badly. Very, very, very badly.

I have a sense for the line on which he is dancing. There are plenty of people, both in and outside of his base, who speak plainly and directly about race relations and have politically incorrect views on race according to the left; but those people are not racists. The Tug, for example, is full of those people. I think perhaps Trump and his advisors don't sufficiently appreciate the difference between those people and people like the Proud Boys. If I'm right about that, then that's on him and his people.

In any event, whatever the reason, he wasn't good on his feet on that point and he may have really screwed the pooch. I don't think this one just goes away because of our? short attention span. If I'm on the left, I hammer this point until it's done.
    I know very little about the proud boys other than it was founded by former Vice media founder and its now run by a Enrique Tarrio, an AfroCuban guy.

Here the mini Dateline documentary done by Dateline from a couple years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7f4b1o6BKM&app=desktop

Are they actually a white supremacist group or are they just labeled that by the media at large?

Their founder has certainly danced on the line of white nationalism.

In 2002 he stated that he was glad that Brooklyn hipsters were predominantly white. In a separate interview he said, ''I love being white and I think it's something to be very proud of.
    “I don't want our culture diluted. We need to close the borders now and let everyone assimilate to a Western, white, English-speaking way of life.''

Sounds like OBK if I say so myself.

There are some interesting articles out there about the increased enrollment of afro-hispanics with the organization. Not sure I understand the group entirely myself. I would expect you'd find a decent amount of racist people among their ranks despite the membership of afro-hispanics.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club

Fish on

So intentional

Swaye said:

thechatch said:

The worst part about it was that the question was SO OBVIOUSLY canned and served up for him as a test. And while he was in the process of failing the test, the moderator kept nudging him and making it clear that this was a statement question and gave him a couple of chances to get it right and he just kept fucking it up. You could tell the gears were spinning and he made a calculated move. He just calculated badly. Very, very, very badly.

I think you nailed it. There are plenty of good decent folks who see BLM and say "they are the real racists basing everything on skin color, being aggrieved, having huge double standards on black v black vs. white v black violence, and being violent in US cities when not getting their way." To the hardcore left, those people who think like that are racists, but to everyone else with a brain nothing about that comment is racist. It's fact, not feeling. The Proud Boys and other groups are not that though. They range from passively to militantly anti-black.

The issue with Trump is he is too politically clumsy to court the first group - rational actors who see the huge double standards and issues with cancel culture and a BLM movement based on tearing down America - without clearly denouncing the second group - actual dyed in the wool get to the back of the bus racists. It's not a super difficult task for a deft public speaker with some real political chops, but Trump wasn't hired for his political chops. He's a bull, and bulls don't do bonsai, they break china (lulz).

Trump blew it hard with that exchange, and it played right into the hands of how the media has been trying to portray him for 4 years. Everyone who isn't a complete brain on fire imbecile knows Trump isn't actually a racist, he is a clumsy politician trying to court a huge rational segment of the electorate with legitimate concerns over issues of race. But, the media has all the ammo they need now to paint him as the Grand Dragon. You have to pitch a perfect game as a GOP candidate in a tight race, when the entire political establishment, ballot fraud, and the media empire is allied against you, and Trump's heater was junk when he needed it most.

Mark me down for Biden in a closer one than people expected. Only caveat is if there are more debates and we get drooling Joe just once.

Lolz. He is a fucking Bull. Great post. I think the answer to the question "do you condemn white supremacy groups" was "What the fuck kind of question is that? Of course I do. Next question." Instead, he asked for names, as if to imply, "Depends on which one you're talking about." It was just a mistake. And like I said in an earlier post, he absolutely TROUNCED Biden on substance. Biden brought literally nothing to the debate. He said absolutely nothing. Anyone who votes for that clown better understand that he is going to be a puppet and will do what he's told by the Democratic power lords that operate behind the curtain. He is literally on his way to assisted living.
    No one ever accused Trump of being quick on his feet.

During the debate when Biden started getting pissed off, I thought the line of the century could have been, "What, you want to challenge me to some pushups now Joe?"
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

In 2002 he stated that he was glad that Brooklyn hipsters were predominantly white. In a separate interview he said, ''I love being white and I think it's something to be very proud of.
    “I don't want our culture diluted. We need to close the borders now and let everyone assimilate to a Western, white, English-speaking way of life.''

There are some interesting articles out there about the increased enrollment of afro-hispanics with the organization. Not sure I understand the group entirely myself. I would expect you'd find a decent amount of racist people among their ranks despite the membership of afro-hispanics.
    Didn't watch/didn't read, but is the "founder's quote" there from Gavin McInness?
    RoadTrip said:

Fish on

So intentional

Swaye said:

thechatch said:

The worst part about it was that the question was SO OBVIOUSLY canned and served up for him as a test. And while he was in the process of failing the test, the moderator kept nudging him and making it clear that this was a statement question and gave him a couple of chances to get it right and he just kept fucking it up. You could tell the gears were spinning and he made a calculated move. He just calculated badly. Very, very, very badly.

I think you nailed it. There are plenty of good decent folks who see BLM and say "they are the real racists basing everything on skin color, being aggrieved, having huge double standards on black v black vs. white v black violence, and being violent in US cities when not getting their way." To the hardcore left, those people who think like that are racists, but to everyone else with a brain nothing about that comment is racist. It's fact, not feeling. The Proud Boys and other groups are not that though. They range from passively to militantly anti-black.

The issue with Trump is he is too politically clumsy to court the first group - rational actors who see the huge double standards and issues with cancel culture and a BLM movement based on tearing down America - without clearly denouncing the second group - actual dyed in the wool get to the back of the bus racists. It's not a super difficult task for a deft public speaker with some real political chops, but Trump wasn't hired for his political chops. He's a bull, and bulls don't do bonsai, they break china (lulz).

Trump blew it hard with that exchange, and it played right into the hands of how the media has been trying to portray him for 4 years. Everyone who isn't a complete brain on fire imbecile knows Trump isn't actually a racist, he is a clumsy politician trying to court a huge rational segment of the electorate with legitimate concerns over issues of race. But, the media has all the ammo they need now to paint him as the Grand Dragon. You have to pitch a perfect game as a GOP candidate in a tight race, when the entire political establishment, ballot fraud, and the media empire is allied against you, and Trump's heater was junk when he needed it most.

Mark me down for Biden in a closer one than people expected. Only caveat is if there are more debates and we get drooling Joe just once.

Lolz. He is a fucking Bull. Great post. I think the answer to the question "do you condemn white supremacy groups" was "What the fuck kind of question is that? Of course I do. Next question." Instead, he asked for names, as if to imply, "Depends on which one you're talking about." It was just a mistake. And like I said in an earlier post, he absolutely TROUNCED Biden on substance. Biden brought literally nothing to the debate. He said absolutely nothing. Anyone who votes for that clown better understand that he is going to be a puppet and will do what he's told by the Democratic power lords that operate behind the curtain. He is literally on his way to assisted living.

During the debate when Biden started getting pissed off, I thought the line of the century could have been, "What, you want to challenge me to some pushups now Joe?"
    I really believe that if Trump had pulled back a little on the interrupting bit and answered the white supremacy question head on there is an entirely different take on the debate because he was the only guy on stage who really said anything. Biden had nothing. He made zero points.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

RoadTrip said:

Fish on

So intentional

Swaye said:

thechatch said:

I really believe that if Trump had pulled back a little on the interrupting bit and answered the white supremacy question head on there is an entirely different take on the debate because he was the only guy on stage who really said anything. Biden had nothing. He made zero points.
    Biden does this bizarre thing where he talks about something for like 10-15 seconds but then right before he makes the point he stops and begins something else. Its nuts.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

Public mea culpa. I had believed they were at least passively racist. Got some interesting private comments today and did a little research. They do not appear to be racist upon review. Do they have some members who are probably racist? sure.gif

But as an organization, I think there is leftist smear bullshit at work. Trump still could have handled the question better. Does bring up an interesting point though. If you are an organization that espouses violence but are black, it's totally cool. If you are an organization that is far right politically, you are automatically racist and everyone including Wikipedia will label you as racist whether it is true or not.

Pretty cool.
    edited October 2020

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

Didn't watch/didn't read, but is the "founder's quote" there from Gavin McInness?
    Yes.
    Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

Public mea culpa. I had believed they were at least passively racist. Got some interesting private comments today and did a little research. They do not appear to be racist upon review. Do they have some members who are probably racist? sure.gif

But as an organization, I think there is leftist smear bullshit at work. Trump still could have handled the question better. Does bring up an interesting point though. If you are an organization that espouses violence but are black, it's totally cool. If you are an organization that is far right politically, you are automatically racist and everyone including Wikipedia will label you as racist whether it is true or not.

Pretty cool.
    Agree with most of that. My jury is still out on Proud Boys. Some interesting stuff out there about why black hispanics have joined and how that works ... kind of.

Also a lot of shit out there on the founder, Gavin McInnes, who's had his own radio show and has walked in alt-right circles forever. There's a lot to suggest he's a white nationalist and isn't fond of the Jews. Now, that's the founder and he left in 2018. So there's that. What they really are now is anybody's guess.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,012 Standard Supporter
    If you say that it pisses you off to have ballots printed in 3 dozen languages given that a requirement for American citizenship included proficiency in English, then ergo you are racist.

RoadTrip said:

Fish on

So intentional

Swaye said:

thechatch said:

So why wasn't his answer to Chrissy in 2016 good enough? Or the numerous other times?

Because the multiple gaffes by Biden have to be covered up

I aint playin bro. In it to win it. I'm about to jump in that elevator and get down to the field to get some
    Make fun of Lamar Thomas one more time, just once more, and it's 7-11 tim for you old man. Don't play with me. I'll catch a flight and will be in Temecula by tomorrow.

It's pretty clear Wallace was dealing a stacked hand on Trump. Still, I think he does better to answer it forcefully and clearly 10 times out of 10 if necessary. And then, as you've pointed out, say, "Why don't you ask him the same question?"

I also think it's not great for the sitting POTUS to almost appear to be in control of a group like PB who, at best, are street gang thugs, and at worst, are street gang thugs full of racists and anti-semites. Either way, not a good affiliation. Even with "but antifa" it was a bad look IMO. Just sayin'.

Remember about the 7-11. I ain't scared of you bitch.gif.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited October 2020

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

Yes.
    McIness is no longer a part of the group. What’s your point? The group now is clearly integrated and their leader is a Black* Cubano.

The Democrats were originally founded by slave owners and were segregationists into the 1970s. Joe Biden was pro-segregation as recently as 1977. They filibustered the Civil Rights Act.

Does the mean every Democrat today believes in racism and Jim Crow?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club

Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

There are racists in the group. There are racist Antifa members. Anything that's not lock step with the SJW agenda is suspect to these sheep.

Media acts like it's neo-Nazis and it's not. They carry water for slow Joe, Dems, and China. We all see it.