Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How does Trump recover from this mess...

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    Having dealt with racism I can tell you that calling Trump and his voters racist based on a big lie just pisses me off. Trump is right to turn it on the real racist on stage.

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358

Having dealt with racism I can tell you that calling Trump and his voters racist based on a big lie just pisses me off. Trump is right to turn it on the real racist on stage.

But the suburbs!
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

dnc said:

Trump fumbled this one badly. I don't think debates matter much but I expected Trump to destroy Biden and that didn't happen at all. Trump was at his worst last night.

Recently watched a documentary on Richard Pryor. Pryor made a comeback after his burning man impression and did a show in LA. He flopped. Nothing clicked. Nobody laughed. It was horrible. He actually apologized to the crowd and said "come back tomorrow night".

Next night he killed it. Absolutely on point. Hilarious as in his cracker/dead honky phase.

It's not over for Trump.

Richard Pryor didn't suck ass before his crappy set like Trump does.

It's fucking over.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958
    edited September 2020
    doogie said:

Trump was I’ll prepared and low energy. That said, every time he began to strike, Wallace would shout out to block his answer and Biden would pile on with something incoherent.

If debates continue, this strategy will get worse becoming more obnoxious. It’s a good strategy. It worked. Trump looked like he hadn’t even considered Jimmy Lakes defense as he kept running short crosses over and over

Agree he wasn't "on", but if you cut through the noise, which wasn't easy to do, he obliterated Biden on substance. Biden has NOTHING. And speaking of "on", that slobbering geriatric (sorry @RaceBannon ) has no "on" days left in his lifetim. What you saw last night is Biden at his best. He'll never be better.

Trump did fumble the race discussions last night. The Proud Boys gaffe is almost historically bad, and the answer on sensitivity training was not super great either.

I am at once concerned about the damage the Proud Boys comment will do to his electability and legitimately and pleasantly surprised to see the Tug come out and acknowledge it was a bad move. The POTUS simply cannot lend any level of legitimacy to a group like that, and he did. And "but buts" are useless.

I fear my taxes may go up now, and that I will have to acknowledge that the chatch called this right a few weeks ago. Still, my $$ is on Trump, in more ways than one.
    HHusky said:

But the suburbs!
    The biggest racist since pumpy on the bored is heard from
    dflea said:

dnc said:

Trump fumbled this one badly. I don't think debates matter much but I expected Trump to destroy Biden and that didn't happen at all. Trump was at his worst last night.

Recently watched a documentary on Richard Pryor. Pryor made a comeback after his burning man impression and did a show in LA. He flopped. Nothing clicked. Nobody laughed. It was horrible. He actually apologized to the crowd and said "come back tomorrow night".

Next night he killed it. Absolutely on point. Hilarious as in his cracker/dead honky phase.

It's not over for Trump.

Richard Pryor didn't suck ass before his crappy set like Trump does.

It's fucking over.
    Pretty impressed with Biden were you?
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Alexis said:

thechatch said:

I still can’t believe how badly Trump fucked up the condemning hate groups question.

“I condemn racism and hate groups of all kinds, unlike my opponent, who calls black people street predators, and is worried about white kids having to grow up in a racial jungle. My opponent, who supported race riots for months and encouraged domestic terrorists to attack the police and residents of our cities.”

That is low hanging fruit, and Trump fucked up royally with the “stand down and stand by” comment. He basically made himself the commanding officer of the Proud Boys.

We call those unforced errors, imo

I thought he did also, but from what I saw (granted, I didn't watch, was on a plane last night) the question made it seem like if he would have just denounced white supremacy, then he would be in fact claiming that the violence in Portland, Seattle, etc. was the result of white supremacy. Seemed to me, while he did fumble, he did still say, sure, I would love to, but these aren't right wing problems, they are left wing.

my 81 cents.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    whlinder said:

Ain't no one out there like "hmmm, who should I vote for, I think I'll watch a debate to help me figure it out"

I’m sure there are some, but the debates really are pointless. A lot of it is disagreeing simply to disagree. Both candidates are pretty bad.
    edited September 2020
    thechatch said:

I still can’t believe how badly Trump fucked up the condemning hate groups question.

“I condemn racism and hate groups of all kinds, unlike my opponent, who calls black people street predators, and is worried about white kids having to grow up in a racial jungle. My opponent, who supported race riots for months and encouraged domestic terrorists to attack the police and residents of our cities.”

That is low hanging fruit, and Trump fucked up royally with the “stand down and stand by” comment. He basically made himself the commanding officer of the Proud Boys.

The worst part about it was that the question was SO OBVIOUSLY canned and served up for him as a test. And while he was in the process of failing the test, the moderator kept nudging him and making it clear that this was a statement question and gave him a couple of chances to get it right and he just kept fucking it up. You could tell the gears were spinning and he made a calculated move. He just calculated badly. Very, very, very badly.

I have a sense for the line on which he is dancing. There are plenty of people, both in and outside of his base, who speak plainly and directly about race relations and have politically incorrect views on race according to the left; but those people are not racists. The Tug, for example, is full of those people. I think perhaps Trump and his advisors don't sufficiently appreciate the difference between those people and people like the Proud Boys. If I'm right about that, then that's on him and his people.

In any event, whatever the reason, he wasn't good on his feet on that point and he may have really screwed the pooch. I don't think this one just goes away because of our? short attention span. If I'm on the left, I hammer this point until it's done.
    whlinder said:

Ain't no one out there like "hmmm, who should I vote for, I think I'll watch a debate to help me figure it out"

I wonder. I tend to think that, too, but I think there's a number out there that is north of insignificant of people who actually are moved by these debates.

Didn't think that Biden would do any debates. Doubling down that there won't be anymore debates. Biden now has some leverage to say what's the point. The constant interrupting and the unforced error on denouncing white supremacists and then demand that Biden denounce Antifa and the riots gives Biden all the cover he needs.

It may have been Biden's only score last night when he said one, it's an idea not a group, and two, I'm not in office, you are. It's pretty much the only time Biden was good and quick on his feet. The "come on man" shit was cringeworthy as it always is, and for all of Trump's blustering I thought it was entirely inappropriate for Biden call the CIC a "clown" in front of the American public. It was, to me anyway, a new low. Trump says a lot of shit, and thus it's easy to say he asks for it. But in my mind, the guy is the POTUS until he isn't, and a candidate for the same office shouldn't say shit like that. It makes us look third world.

doogie said:

Trump was I’ll prepared and low energy. That said, every time he began to strike, Wallace would shout out to block his answer and Biden would pile on with something incoherent.

If debates continue, this strategy will get worse becoming more obnoxious. It’s a good strategy. It worked. Trump looked like he hadn’t even considered Jimmy Lakes defense as he kept running short crosses over and over

Trump will do better knowing he's the road team. The next moderator can't be Joe's buttboy again
    Fair. But will the new tagline, "stand down but stand by" go away?
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited September 2020

thechatch said:

The worst part about it was that the question was SO OBBIOUSLY canned and served up for him as a test. And while he was in the process of failing the test, the moderator kept nudging him and making it clear that this was a statement question and gave him a couple of chances to get it right and he just kept fucking it up. You could tell the gears were spinning and he made a calculated move. He just calculated badly. Very, very, very badly.

I have a sense for the line on which he is dancing. There are plenty of people, both in and outside of his base, who speak plainly and directly about race relations and have politically incorrect views on race according to the left; but those people are not racists. The Tug, for example, is full of those people. I think perhaps Trump and his advisors don't sufficiently appreciate the difference between those people and people like the Proud Boys. If I'm right about that, then that's on him and his people.

In any event, whatever the reason, he wasn't good on his feet on that point and he may have really screwed the pooch. I don't think this one just goes away because of our? short attention span. If I'm on the left, I hammer this point until it's done.
    I know very little about the proud boys other than it was founded by former Vice media founder and its now run by a Enrique Tarrio, an AfroCuban guy.

Here the mini Dateline documentary done by Dateline from a couple years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7f4b1o6BKM&app=desktop

Are they actually a white supremacist group or are they just labeled that by the media at large?
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,203 Swaye's Wigwam

thechatch said:

The worst part about it was that the question was SO OBBIOUSLY canned and served up for him as a test. And while he was in the process of failing the test, the moderator kept nudging him and making it clear that this was a statement question and gave him a couple of chances to get it right and he just kept fucking it up. You could tell the gears were spinning and he made a calculated move. He just calculated badly. Very, very, very badly.

A thorough and detailed CRT trashing would be good for Trump. But he needs to shine a light on the specifics of the CRT platform/solution and tie that back into BLM and Antifa instead of the vagueries that he pointed out last night. Not enough people know how crazy it all is. Highlight the grand wizard Kendi and let Biden defend Kendi directly instead of just very generic equality.

doogie said:

Trump will do better knowing he's the road team. The next moderator can't be Joe's buttboy again
    Actually thought that was about Trump supporters accepting the results or not going out and declaring victory early and causing a ruckus

Stand by and be ready to fight antifa but stand down until needed

But no the new improved version of Trump is a racist isn't going away. *yawn*

Like I said some of us have felt the real racism and aren't impressed by this malarakey. Many of whom Biden in targeting. President Harris was right - Biden is an actual racist with 47 years of damage under his belt

Are voters smart enough? I am. Fuck the rest of you
    https://msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-claims-he-doesnt-know-who-the-proud-boys-are-calls-on-them-to-stand-down/vi-BB19Aidn?ocid=msedgntp

1 minute and 57 seconds of your time

Of course it is the day after spin but believable and say Joe - when do you condemn antifa?

B+
    edited September 2020
    Houhusky said:

thechatch said:

I know very little about the proud boys other than it was founded by former Vice media founder and its now run by a Enrique Tarrio, an AfroCuban guy.

Here the mini Dateline documentary done by Dateline from a couple years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7f4b1o6BKM&app=desktop

Are they actually a white supremacist group or are they just labeled that by the media at large?
    Obviously I'm not an insider and thus can only glean like the rest of us. Ostensibly it's a "be proud to be a man, particularly a man of the Western world," group and so whatever charter they have will likely contain those kinds of founding statements. There is a very strong anti-immigration element to their founding beliefs and a pretty clear current of "white genocide" rhetoric. These are the "I will not be replaced" people in Charlottesville. That will attract racists and most assuredly has. I have a lot of people in Portland, where they exist in large numbers, and the anecdotal information is full of overtly racist incidents, with members who use racist rhetoric, lots of swastika tattoos, etc. etc. So while I'm sure it's not founded as a racist group like, say, the KKK, and while I'm sure they deny they are a racist group, they are a particularly agitated and activated group of people given to violence and among them are plenty of overtly racist people. I'm not in a position to prove that, however. If I had to guess, I'd be at least very confident that there is a strong line of antisemitism amongst its members.

doogie said:

Actually thought that was about Trump supporters accepting the results or not going out and declaring victory early and causing a ruckus

Stand by and be ready to fight antifa but stand down until needed

But no the new improved version of Trump is a racist isn't going away. *yawn*

Like I said some of us have felt the real racism and aren't impressed by this malarakey. Many of whom Biden in targeting. President Harris was right - Biden is an actual racist with 47 years of damage under his belt

Are voters smart enough? I am. Fuck the rest of you
    I didn't quite get that. Is it a problem or not?
    Bob_C said:

thechatch said:

A thorough and detailed CRT trashing would be good for Trump. But he needs to shine a light on the specifics of the CRT platform/solution and tie that back into BLM and Antifa instead of the vagueries that he pointed out last night. Not enough people know how crazy it all is. Highlight the grand wizard Kendi and let Biden defend Kendi directly instead of just very generic equality.

Will be very hard to do and challenges the American public's attention span and capacity for intellectual discourse.