Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coaching Search

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Thanks Detlef. Good stuff here. Am I allowed to ask questions?

- Is Pete returning a real possibility?
    - Any idea who is on the committee? I'd guess Huard(s), yourself, Petersen
    - I can't stop masturbating to the thought of Sam Huard in DeBoer's offense, please advise

1. No on Pete returning
    2. There are people outside the program helping Jen which is needed. Everyone understands how big this next hire especially Jen, whose job is on the line with this hire. Huards are involved along with some other Alumni. I was asked last week about what is needed, and I gave my opinion. Guess they started respecting what I say after being completely right on Jimmy. I am, however, am not involved with the hiring, nor should I be. But Jen definitely has some help.
    3. Go get laid
    El oh el
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    When is the crypto crash coming?
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

Gladstone said:

- I can't stop masturbating to the thought of Sam Huard in DeBoer's offense, please advise

1. No on Pete returning
    2. There are people outside the program helping Jen which is needed. Everyone understands how big this next hire especially Jen, whose job is on the line with this hire. Huards are involved along with some other Alumni. I was asked last week about what is needed, and I gave my opinion. Guess they started respecting what I say after being completely right on Jimmy. I am, however, am not involved with the hiring, nor should I be. But Jen definitely has some help.
    3. Go get laid
    You forget that 81% of HH make up is bunch of incels
    It's not that difficult though. Be in decent shape, don't be a creep, and have some personality. Women have very low standards these days.
    Can confirm.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TXDawg said:

- Goal is to have a coach announced early in the week, right after the apple cup. That would give the head coach two weeks for home visits and official visits.

This timeline feels like a red flag to me. Does the kind of coach we want to hire make a move at this point in the season? I know we're getting to the weird time where coaches wrap up their seasons but are gone before their team's bowl game, so maybe. Are we favoring speed of decision over making the right decision? That didn't work last time.

I guess three weeks is better than the three minute search we did for Jimmy.
    Well if you're leaving a team to try to have a future with UW you probably don't care that much about Baylor or Fresnos bowl game anymore
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

When is the crypto crash coming?

Quarter one of 2022 is my estimation.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    TXDawg said:

- Goal is to have a coach announced early in the week, right after the apple cup. That would give the head coach two weeks for home visits and official visits.

This timeline feels like a red flag to me. Does the kind of coach we want to hire make a move at this point in the season? I know we're getting to the weird time where coaches wrap up their seasons but are gone before their team's bowl game, so maybe. Are we favoring speed of decision over making the right decision? That didn't work last time.

I guess three weeks is better than the three minute search we did for Jimmy.
    That's the goal but there aren't dead set on it. They will wait if needed
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    RealRhino said:

The idea of the Huard's being involved concerned me if Brock's support of Wilcox on Twitter is any indication. He seems like he's bought in to that "it's just hard to win at Cal" bullshit. It IS harder to win at Cal, but winners fucking win anyway. You think Cal is any harder than WSU? Mike Leach won at that shithole. You think it's harder than Oregon State? Uncle Drunky won big there. Good coaches, like nature, find a way. Lou Holtz won at fucking William & Mary!

Don't hire a loser and make excuses for his losing. Yes, he's probably better than he looks at first glance, but it still isn't good enough. Hire a winner.

Most out here don't understand how hard it is to win at Cal or how respected Wilcox is within the coaching community. If something doesn't make sense at first, dig deeper.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Search firms always work out great. Haven't we done this before?

"After an extensive coaching search from the country's top coaching search firm we have decided to promote from within."
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Is Bob Stoops a legit candidate or is it a massive pipe dream?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    edited November 2021
    You could tell guys like Wilcox, Chip, and Sitake are having their agents float their names to the media to gauge the response. I hope none of those guys are seriously considered.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,543
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

Gladstone said:

1. No on Pete returning
    3. Go get laid
    You forget that 81% of HH make up is bunch of incels
    It's not that difficult though. Be in decent shape, don't be a creep, and have some personality. Women have very low standards these days.
    You forgot one thing, Detlef, which is that you can’t teach height. A lot of our HH inclels are short and fat AND BALD.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    Standard Supporter
    Gladstone said:

RealRhino said:

The idea of the Huard's being involved concerned me if Brock's support of Wilcox on Twitter is any indication.

Let's kill that narrative now before it takes off. Brock was given a list of trash names, of which Wilcox was the best. Don't read anything into it. Moving on.
    This morning Brock said the guy from Baylor was his #1
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    edited November 2021
    Sonics is Cohen looking for more of a recruiter or a coach? I understand that they could hire one that can do both. Any chance a guy like Donte Williams gets a look at HC if not one of the coordinator positions. Id love him as a recruiter personally. And Bob Stoops would excite me, but is he even interested and are we interested?

How about Ed Oregeron? Tom Herman?
  • Options
    webdawg13webdawg13 Member Posts: 77
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Sonics is there actual smoke on Stoops or is that wishful thinking? Please for the love of god tell us Wilcox is just this years version of Doug Nussmeier who is being propped up by media buddies....