Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coaching Search

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TXDawg said:

- Goal is to have a coach announced early in the week, right after the apple cup. That would give the head coach two weeks for home visits and official visits.

This timeline feels like a red flag to me. Does the kind of coach we want to hire make a move at this point in the season? I know we're getting to the weird time where coaches wrap up their seasons but are gone before their team's bowl game, so maybe. Are we favoring speed of decision over making the right decision? That didn't work last time.

I guess three weeks is better than the three minute search we did for Jimmy.
    The quicker you guys hire a coach. The quicker Chun can say that Dickert was the best WSU could get.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

FireCohen said:

Gladstone said:

Thanks Detlef. Good stuff here. Am I allowed to ask questions?

- Is Pete returning a real possibility?
    - Any idea who is on the committee? I'd guess Huard(s), yourself, Petersen
    - I can't stop masturbating to the thought of Sam Huard in DeBoer's offense, please advise

1. No on Pete returning
    2. There are people outside the program helping Jen which is needed. Everyone understands how big this next hire especially Jen, whose job is on the line with this hire. Huards are involved along with some other Alumni. I was asked last week about what is needed, and I gave my opinion. Guess they started respecting what I say after being completely right on Jimmy. I am, however, am not involved with the hiring, nor should I be. But Jen definitely has some help.
    3. Go get laid
    You forget that 81% of HH make up is bunch of incels
    It's not that difficult though. Be in decent shape, don't be a creep, and have some personality. Women have very low standards these days.
    Whoa….whoa….whoa

Let’s not be so judgy
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Sonics is Cohen looking for more of a recruiter or a coach? I understand that they could hire one that can do both. Any chance a guy like Donte Williams gets a look at HC if not one of the coordinator positions. Id love him as a recruiter personally. And Bob Stoops would excite me, but is he even interested and are we interested?

How about Ed Oregeron? Tom Herman?

Is this a whoosh?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

RealRhino said:

The idea of the Huard's being involved concerned me if Brock's support of Wilcox on Twitter is any indication.

Let's kill that narrative now before it takes off. Brock was given a list of trash names, of which Wilcox was the best. Don't read anything into it. Moving on.
    This morning Brock said the guy from Baylor was his #1
    The OC or Aranda? Aranda would be a good hire. Hiring the coordinator (even a very good one like Baylor’s) would be bad.
    Texas Tech hired the OC
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2021

Gladstone said:

RealRhino said:

The idea of the Huard's being involved concerned me if Brock's support of Wilcox on Twitter is any indication.

Let's kill that narrative now before it takes off. Brock was given a list of trash names, of which Wilcox was the best. Don't read anything into it. Moving on.
    This morning Brock said the guy from Baylor was his #1
    The OC or Aranda? Aranda would be a good hire. Hiring the coordinator (even a very good one like Baylor’s) would be bad.
    Texas Tech hired the OC
    Outside linebackers coach, not oc. But he was Baylor’s main recruiter and is crazy connected with Texas hs programs, which is why tech wanted him
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wild card

Big dick Mel Tucker away from Michigan State

I've adopted them this year. Like how they play

When you hire Mel, you need to have the next guy ready though. Hiring one coach is hard enough in this economy.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,416
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

Gladstone said:

Thanks Detlef. Good stuff here. Am I allowed to ask questions?

- Is Pete returning a real possibility?
    - Any idea who is on the committee? I'd guess Huard(s), yourself, Petersen
    - I can't stop masturbating to the thought of Sam Huard in DeBoer's offense, please advise

1. No on Pete returning
    2. There are people outside the program helping Jen which is needed. Everyone understands how big this next hire especially Jen, whose job is on the line with this hire. Huards are involved along with some other Alumni. I was asked last week about what is needed, and I gave my opinion. Guess they started respecting what I say after being completely right on Jimmy. I am, however, am not involved with the hiring, nor should I be. But Jen definitely has some help.
    3. Go get laid
    You forget that 81% of HH make up is bunch of incels
    It's not that difficult though. Be in decent shape, don't be a creep, and have some personality. Women have very low standards these days.
    You forgot one thing, Detlef, which is that you can’t teach height. A lot of our HH inclels are short and fat.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wild card

I’ve always like Sparty. They are both overachieving and overrated. Good year, but they will get smoked this Saturday by Ohio State.
  • Options

Wild card

I’ve always like Sparty. They are both overachieving and overrated. Good year, but they will get smoked this Saturday by Ohio State.
    I don’t trust Ohio state on defense yet. Not saying they’ll lose. Don’t twist. It will be a hard fought game hopefully with no injuries and both teams play well.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Wild card

Lol. UW gonna pay 10m a year?
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Wild card

Get him on the phone and make Mel say no.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Wild card

They could

That's all that matters to me. I don't give them the opportunity to make excuses to fail

That's how I "coached"
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The university released details of his contract a day after he was introduced as head coach. Tucker will earn at least $5.5 million annually over his six-year contract. That's $1.2 million more than what Dantonio made in his last season as the Spartans head coach.

According to Spartans Wire, Rico Beard reported on 97.1 The Ticket that Tucker is expected to sign an extension that will pay him close to $8 million in total compensation with his base salary and bonuses.

Nice.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

The university released details of his contract a day after he was introduced as head coach. Tucker will earn at least $5.5 million annually over his six-year contract. That's $1.2 million more than what Dantonio made in his last season as the Spartans head coach.

According to Spartans Wire, Rico Beard reported on 97.1 The Ticket that Tucker is expected to sign an extension that will pay him close to $8 million in total compensation with his base salary and bonuses.

Nice.

Sparty is serious about sports.

Is it just my weird taste, or isn't she 20x hotter than the chicks usually poasted round here?

I actually kind of need to know the answer to this.
    Volleyball. That's all you need to know.