Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Coaching Search

sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
edited November 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
This is what I have been able to gather the last couple of days. Mind you, I have been ignoring Washington Football all Fall until I got word last week that Jimmy was being let go, which got me excited again so I'm still catching up.

- Search started last week, and the search firm is mainly being used for background checks
- Goal is to have a coach announced early in the week, right after the apple cup. That would give the head coach two weeks for home visits and official visits.
- There are a few big-name coaches that Jen has been in contact with agent-wise. Still in the feeling out process, so I can't say if she can land any of them
- If she cannot land any of the obvious candidates, I expect her to go for a Power Five coach. I have heard brent Brennan and Kalen Deboer name being tossed around
- Some donors are willing to chip in and help, but it has to be for the right coach. Jen can't go wild, but she can be competitive as far as salary goes, so money isn't an issue
- The Wilcox rumors are from his camp. He wants the job and is lobbying to get it. I'm sure Jen will consider him, but he is down on the list.

All I got so far. If I hear anything substantial, I will post it if given clearance.

Comments

• GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,301
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

This is what I have been able to gather the last couple of days. Mind you, I have been ignoring Washington Football all Fall until I got word last week that Jimmy was being let go, which got me excited again so I'm still catching up.

- Search started last week, and the search firm is mainly being used for background checks
    - Goal is to have a coach announced early in the week, right after the apple cup. That would give the head coach two weeks for home visits and official visits.
    - There are a few big-name coaches that Jen has been in contact with agent-wise. Still in the feeling out process, so I can't say if she can land any of them
    - If she cannot land any of the obvious candidates, I expect her to go for a Power Five coach. I have heard brent Brennan and Kalen Deboer name being tossed around
    - Some donors are willing to chip in and help, but it has to be for the right coach. Jen can't go wild, but she can be competitive as far as salary goes, so money isn't an issue
    - The Wilcox rumors are from his camp. He wants the job and is lobbying to get it. I'm sure Jen will consider him, but he is down on the list.

All I got so far. If I hear anything substantial, I will post it if given clearance.

Big names for that dumpster fire lolol
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    DeBoer would be fine. I doubt we'd go after Napier but he's the most interesting to me.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,239
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

This is how we ended up with Petersen... so I don't discount Cohen just being like "ok sure"
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 817
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club

This timeline feels like a red flag to me. Does the kind of coach we want to hire make a move at this point in the season? I know we're getting to the weird time where coaches wrap up their seasons but are gone before their team's bowl game, so maybe. Are we favoring speed of decision over making the right decision? That didn't work last time.

I guess three weeks is better than the three minute search we did for Jimmy.
  • 4thDownsJimmy4thDownsJimmy Member Posts: 36
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sol what your saying is when she whiffs on her top targets we will end up with Wilcox
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Really? Twitter says otherwise.

BOOM! ROASTED