Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coaching Search

Comments

• Options
    JackDonakeyJackDonakey Member Posts: 42
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Stoops is washed up. He took a XFL HC gig that paid $1M/year. Why? He could've gotten far more in college but either chose not too or didn't have any interest. If you're a top tier college coach, retire, then take a XFL gig, you're a loser, has been, washed up, POS.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Stoops is washed up. He took a XFL HC gig that paid $1M/year. Why? He could've gotten far more in college but either chose not too or didn't have any interest. If you're a top tier college coach, retire, then take a XFL gig, you're a loser, has been, washed up, POS.

Ok
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Does any school shell out 7m for assistants?

UW was paying almost $6 for assistants under Pete. $7 isn't that big of a jump.
    I agree, but it is a jump for this shitty conference.
    Last year UW reduced it to $5.1M and still lead the league.
    And half of the bottom 10 Power5 strength coach salaries were Pac-12 guys. (Socha's $400k lead league but was about 20th nationally)

"Pac-12 Football...it just means meh"
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Does any school shell out 7m for assistants?

UW was paying almost $6 for assistants under Pete. $7 isn't that big of a jump.
    I agree, but it is a jump for this shitty conference.
    Last year UW reduced it to $5.1M and still lead the league.
    And half of the bottom 10 Power5 strength coach salaries were Pac-12 guys. (Socha's $400k lead league but was about 20th nationally)

"Pac-12 Football...it just means meh"
    It’s almost like having a shit tv deal hurts revenue streams
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Seadawg said:

Stoops is probably waiting to see if Lincoln Riley goes to LSU. Stoops might pounce on his old Oklahoma HC job.

Damn! Another newfish!
    Wonder if the new ones that DJ doesn't introduce get butthurt about that.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,554
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Seadawg said:

Stoops is probably waiting to see if Lincoln Riley goes to LSU. Stoops might pounce on his old Oklahoma HC job.

Why would Riley leave OU?
  • Options
    webdawg13webdawg13 Member Posts: 77
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Gladstone said:

webdawg13 said:

I would be pleasantly surprised that UW is actually caring about football if we get that done...

UW just fired a beloved former assistant minority head coach after 13 games at 7-6, openly citing poor recruiting as one of the key concerns. Imagine thinking this place doesn't care about football. Get fucked.
    Seemed to not be only one that had that question about the AD & Upper campus at UW but yeah, I'll just go fuck myself then..

(I will add that I was already pleasantly surprised we canned Jimmy - didn't think we had it in us)
  • Options
    SeadawgSeadawg Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Seadawg said:

Why would Riley leave OU?
    Thats the big rumor right now. LSU is pulling out all the stops for Riley. Dont know if he'll go or not.
  • Options
    Balls_DeepBalls_Deep Member Posts: 64
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sonics is Cohen looking for more of a recruiter or a coach? I understand that they could hire one that can do both. Any chance a guy like Donte Williams gets a look at HC if not one of the coordinator positions. Id love him as a recruiter personally. And Bob Stoops would excite me, but is he even interested and are we interested?

How about Ed Oregeron? Tom Herman?

Me, along with other people outside the program, have all told Jen, whoever is hired needs to be a relentless recruiter, and there needs to be an emphasis on recruiting with this next hire which she agrees. We are all sick of Oregon kicking our ass in recruiting, and that needs to change, which Jen fully understands.
    Stop acting like Kim with the subtle flexes about your access to Jen. You got a lot of love here initially because you shared good info without the ego.
    Sounds like you care.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Stoops first and 99% of your efforts on, then whatever mountain west coach you think is best (deboner, Whittingham) and then finally if everything's fucked, take Wilcox if he makes Helfrich his OC, both for bargain bin clown contracts.

Don't overthink it.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,486
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2021
    Canadawg said:

haie said:

Stoops first and 99% of your efforts on, then whatever mountain west coach you think is best (deboner, Whittingham) and then finally if everything's fucked, take Wilcox if he makes Helfrich his OC, both for bargain bin clown contracts.

Don't overthink it.

You underthought it
    Sure I did. I'm sure the retards here have a better plan.

Kellen Moore!!!

Fickell!

Matt Campbell!!!

Fuck the Big12 and whatever loser conference Cincinnati plays in.

Fuck the NFL forever.

No one who isn't a proven recruiter whether stars or under the radar talent on the west coast should be considered. Except stoops who's the exception.

Fuck off