Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Should you expect to be able to raise a family on a minimum wage job?

Comments

• allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    If they’re not going to pay people less than minimum wage, why do you need to get rid of it?
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,963
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Not as long as H and hondo are cheating on their taxes

Race, what's the difference between tax evasion and tax avoidance?
    But but but but

Pay your fair share and then some

Or STFU about what others pay
    Race. I'll say this once. I'm not into income bashing or gloating. But I'm pretty sure I pay more into federal income than you.

State and local tho you probably get fucked. I'd never live in California under the current tax structure. And if you make over $150k, you get fucked by the state and local tax being topped out at $10k under Trump's tax cuts. It's possible your property taxes are close to that alone.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The cheap, lying schmuck who can't even afford to pitch in to pay the lights around here while SPAMING the boards hourly is talking about how much more he pays into the Federal Coffers.

What a dumb lying sack of shite...
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,924 Founders Club
    edited January 2019

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

People don’t work, they’re scum mooching off the government.

People do work, they’re scum for wanting to be paid enough to live.

Keep the average workers pay stagnant, for 50 years, then cry about how rich people pay all the taxes.

Claim it’s the governments job to protect people, make a bunch of excuses why the government shouldn’t protect people.

It’s the same notes over and over again. Yawn.

Or you could fuck strawman ass when you don't want to honestly address other people's arguments.

Who has kept the average workers pay stagnant? Do they have a name? Do you believe that people with job skills that only command a minimum wage in compensation should be able to support a family of four off that job, yes or no?
    Oh, we should be honest? What should minimum wage be then?

And, I know, strawman. But your obvious bait is obvious. Stop begging for it.
    I don't believe there should be a minimum wage. Let the market set what wages are paid. And of course you dodged the questions you were asked.
    Ok, so you are the far right on this and I am the far left. You can’t get more extreme than no minimum wage. We’ll, slavery but I won’t accuse you of wanting that yet. The difference is it might be possible to run on my position and win.

I’ll give you what you want. Yes, you should be able to raise a family on minimum wage.

Disagree.

Save the uber-rich and invalids .... The whole point of life - the American dream - is to climb a ladder to something better. If the first job you come across is shoveling shit and that's all you have for the rest of your life, then sure minimum wage should be higher.

But the point is to grow, to something better, for more. And you use the lesser jobs along the way to grow and improve your skills.

Further it's a dangerous, cancerous mentality to remove the incentive to create more for yourself and your family. If you remove incentive, you breed a society of invalids.

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,943

She did.

If you're over 30 and you think that women has something to offer other than a nice rack and a pretty face you've got serious issues. You're essentially pajama boy.
    SFGbob said:

Do you know what would happen if you tried to pay people the minimum wage down here in SF? I suspect it's the same in Seattle. You wouldn't get any takers. In fact, the only workers you might find, depending on the type of job, who were willing to work for the minimum wage would be illegals.

We have a minimum wage and yet employers pay more than that, often for entry level jobs, in order to attract workers who will do those jobs. Now why is that? Don't they know there's minimum wage? Why don't they just offer that?

Now, if you abolished the minimum wage what makes you think the employers would immediate be able to start paying less than that and still be able to hold onto their workers who already aren't accepting jobs paying the current minimum wage?

Did any of you fuckers ever take and econ class?

I only read the last sentence. The only sentence that matters.

Obvious answer is obvious.
    Exactly, enter level jobs aren't designed to afford you the ability to support a family of four. They are the place were you learn job skills and responsibility. They aren't life time positions. That's why high school kids used to do them. Now these people get into these jobs and expect to be able to support a family on them.

If you want to increase your pay, increase your skills.
    If you remove incentive, you breed a society of invalids.

Sadly, many in the Rat party want exactly that.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

How about not bringing in 20 million illegals to depress wages? You open border types are doing the bidding of evil businessmen like @MikeDamone

Does raising taxes make more money for the workers?

Guess what I did my taxes this morning and hondo and the democrats have been lying their ass off. I got a nice cut. I work for a living. I'm middle class. Trump helped me

What the fuck are you people offering? More illegals and taxes? No thanks

Then why not create a path to citizenship for those illegals who are here and can work legally? This ending the depressed wages?

And if you don't agree with that. Then discuss who we can find and remove your number of 20 million illegals. And the resulting effect on the economy if that happened.
    Hondo's understanding of economics sucks as bad as his understanding of most topics.

Making all the illegals, legal doesn't remove the supply and demand issue Hondo.
    And that has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote. Other than that, fair point.
    An admission that Hondo is too stupid to even understand what he writes.

You claimed that giving all the illegals the ability to become legal would "end[] the depressed wages." What I said was in response to exactly what you wrote. Which makes you once again, either a liar or moron. Take your pick.
    Dude seriously? If every illegal were made legal. Then they would be paid minimum wage. Thus ending their depressed wage.

Fuck I've had smarter discussions with an 8 year old.
    That's not how economics works, hondofuckingstupid.

The net number of jobs will thus decline.

No. The net number of jobs wouldn't decline. Jobs need X amount of hours. Decreasing or increasing that depends on demand. Not the cost.
    pawz said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Keep the average workers pay stagnant, for 50 years, then cry about how rich people pay all the taxes.

Claim it’s the governments job to protect people, make a bunch of excuses why the government shouldn’t protect people.

Or you could fuck strawman ass when you don't want to honestly address other people's arguments.

Who has kept the average workers pay stagnant? Do they have a name? Do you believe that people with job skills that only command a minimum wage in compensation should be able to support a family of four off that job, yes or no?

I don't believe there should be a minimum wage. Let the market set what wages are paid. And of course you dodged the questions you were asked.
    Ok, so you are the far right on this and I am the far left. You can’t get more extreme than no minimum wage. We’ll, slavery but I won’t accuse you of wanting that yet. The difference is it might be possible to run on my position and win.

I’ll give you what you want. Yes, you should be able to raise a family on minimum wage.

Disagree.

Save the uber-rich and invalids .... The whole point of life - the American dream - is to climb a ladder to something better. If the first job you come across is shoveling shit and that's all you have for the rest of your life, then sure minimum wage should be higher.

But the point is to grow, to something better, for more. And you use the lesser jobs along the way to grow and improve your skills.

Further it's a dangerous, cancerous mentality to remove the incentive to create more for yourself and your family. If you remove incentive, you breed a society of invalids.

The American Dream is false hope. You live in a fantasy land.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.brookings.edu/blog/social-mobility-memos/2018/01/11/raj-chetty-in-14-charts-big-findings-on-opportunity-and-mobility-we-should-know/amp/

I’m sure it’s taxes and regulations holding everyone down though. Definitely not rich people with their boots on throat of the poor. Give them more power, it’ll trickle down.
    edited January 2019

She did.

Again. So did Kashama Sawant. It proves nothing.

edited January 2019

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Disagree.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.brookings.edu/blog/social-mobility-memos/2018/01/11/raj-chetty-in-14-charts-big-findings-on-opportunity-and-mobility-we-should-know/amp/

I’m sure it’s taxes and regulations holding everyone down though. Definitely not rich people with their boots on throat of the poor. Give them more power, it’ll trickle down.

Would Faye would call her rise up the ranks "false hope".

Axeing for a fren.

If they’re not going to pay people less than minimum wage, why do you need to get rid of it?

Because not every place is SF and because even here in SF there are some jobs that aren't worth paying a $15 and hour minimum wage.

What if I own a small store out in Merced and I'd like to have someone sweep my parking lot every other day. The job takes about an hour and half. It's not worth it to me pay someone that high a minimum wage for that type of work. But I would pay someone $10 an hour to do it. If no one is willing to do it for that kind of money I'd have to raise the wage I was willing to pay. If I'm not willing to pay $15 an hour that's a job that is never created.

Not having a minimum wage would allow for the creation of these types of jobs.
    edited January 2019
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

How about not bringing in 20 million illegals to depress wages? You open border types are doing the bidding of evil businessmen like @MikeDamone

Guess what I did my taxes this morning and hondo and the democrats have been lying their ass off. I got a nice cut. I work for a living. I'm middle class. Trump helped me

Then why not create a path to citizenship for those illegals who are here and can work legally? This ending the depressed wages?

And if you don't agree with that. Then discuss who we can find and remove your number of 20 million illegals. And the resulting effect on the economy if that happened.
    Hondo's understanding of economics sucks as bad as his understanding of most topics.

Making all the illegals, legal doesn't remove the supply and demand issue Hondo.
    And that has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote. Other than that, fair point.
    An admission that Hondo is too stupid to even understand what he writes.

You claimed that giving all the illegals the ability to become legal would "end[] the depressed wages." What I said was in response to exactly what you wrote. Which makes you once again, either a liar or moron. Take your pick.
    Dude seriously? If every illegal were made legal. Then they would be paid minimum wage. Thus ending their depressed wage.

Fuck I've had smarter discussions with an 8 year old.
    That's not how economics works, hondofuckingstupid.

The net number of jobs will thus decline.

No. The net number of jobs wouldn't decline. Jobs need X amount of hours. Decreasing or increasing that depends on demand. Not the cost.
    Look you dumb motherfucker. There are only x number of dollars allocated to an economy.

Those dollars required to insure everyone in that economy makes the same rate of pay don't just "show up" because you say so.

They were spread out to employ more people to get more work done.

pawz said:

She did.

Take it up with the guy gate keeping the discussion with did any of you fuckers ever take an econ class.

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Disagree.

What impact does adding millions of illiterate dirt farmers who don't speak the language have on that?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

Yup, poor people are the reason other people are poor. Especially brown poor people.

Like your wall wouldn’t stop all illegal immigration, no single part of this accomplishes everything. They are pieces to the puzzle. We’re literally in a thread about raising minimum wage and your point is how are we going to raise wages?

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.
    I now you have to frame everything as racist but for fucks sake millions of illegals being fucked because they are illegal has destroyed wages. You're smart enough to know that so what's your real agenda?

I don't give a fuck about the minimum wage. I want people making 25- 40 an hour and being worth it
    You import millions of people from shitty cultures with little to no job skills, no education, and then you're shocked when there is growing income inequality and a lack of mobility.

Could it be that Canada doesn't have these same type of problems because of how strict Canada is with their immigration?

pawz said:

She did.

Take it up with the guy gate keeping the discussion with did any of you fuckers ever take an econ class.
    It's logically brentsfs, but in this instance it's a salient poont.

What's being asked for is rudimentary understanding.

SFGbob said:

Because not every place is SF and because even here in SF there are some jobs that aren't worth paying a $15 and hour minimum wage.

What if I own a small store out in Merced and I'd like to have someone sweep my parking lot every other day. The job takes about an hour and half. It's not worth it to me pay someone that high a minimum wage for that type of work. But I would pay someone $10 an hour to do it. If no one is willing to do it for that kind of money I'd have to raise the wage I was willing to pay. If I'm not willing to pay $15 an hour that's a job that is never created.

Not having a minimum wage would allow for the creation of these types of jobs.
    Oh my god, it’ll create a 6 hour a week job sweeping a parking lot? Why didn’t you just say so!
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

salemcoog said:

SFGbob said:

Right on cue: Trumptards scapegoating Mexicans for their own ineptitude and failure.

Supply and demand? They are fucking third world workers!

No shame or embarrassment for troomps. They are going to build a wall!

CD thinks only brown skinned workers should do manual labor.
    That spank Bank of CDs isn’t gonna fill itself.

Give CD a cool glass of lemonade and some bonocolurs to watch the lawnmower man and He’s in heaven.
    Remember when you bailed on HH because of that sick drmented old fuck GayBob? I do. We can bump your posts, if you’d like. Now you post his same exact schtick.
    I remember. It’s just that my contempt for you burns much brighter.