Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Should you expect to be able to raise a family on a minimum wage job?

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    The real minimum wage is zero. Simple fact.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

Case closed.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358

Simple’s your speed.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

'Nuff said.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

How about not bringing in 20 million illegals to depress wages? You open border types are doing the bidding of evil businessmen like @MikeDamone

Does raising taxes make more money for the workers?

Guess what I did my taxes this morning and hondo and the democrats have been lying their ass off. I got a nice cut. I work for a living. I'm middle class. Trump helped me

What the fuck are you people offering? More illegals and taxes? No thanks

Then why not create a path to citizenship for those illegals who are here and can work legally? This ending the depressed wages?

And if you don't agree with that. Then discuss who we can find and remove your number of 20 million illegals. And the resulting effect on the economy if that happened.
    HHusky said:

Simple’s your speed.
    You seem new to this. It shows
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,943

How about not bringing in 20 million illegals to depress wages? You open border types are doing the bidding of evil businessmen like @MikeDamone

Guess what I did my taxes this morning and hondo and the democrats have been lying their ass off. I got a nice cut. I work for a living. I'm middle class. Trump helped me

Great point and question that they never answer. Who has had a bigger impact on keep wages stagnant, your unnamed boogieman or 20 million illegal immigrants?
    SFGbob said:

Great point and question that they never answer. Who has had a bigger impact on keep wages stagnant, your unnamed boogieman or 20 million illegal immigrants?
    This is why Ceaser Chavez hated illegals.
    2001400ex said:

Then why not create a path to citizenship for those illegals who are here and can work legally? This ending the depressed wages?

And if you don't agree with that. Then discuss who we can find and remove your number of 20 million illegals. And the resulting effect on the economy if that happened.
    Hondo's understanding of economics sucks as bad as his understanding of most topics.

Making all the illegals, legal doesn't remove the supply and demand issue Hondo.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    SFGbob said:

People don’t work, they’re scum mooching off the government.

People do work, they’re scum for wanting to be paid enough to live.

Keep the average workers pay stagnant, for 50 years, then cry about how rich people pay all the taxes.

Claim it’s the governments job to protect people, make a bunch of excuses why the government shouldn’t protect people.

It’s the same notes over and over again. Yawn.

Or you could fuck strawman ass when you don't want to honestly address other people's arguments.

Who has kept the average workers pay stagnant? Do they have a name? Do you believe that people with job skills that only command a minimum wage in compensation should be able to support a family of four off that job, yes or no?
    Oh, we should be honest? What should minimum wage be then?

And, I know, strawman. But your obvious bait is obvious. Stop begging for it.
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Hondo's understanding of economics sucks as bad as his understanding of most topics.

Making all the illegals, legal doesn't remove the supply and demand issue Hondo.
    And that has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote. Other than that, fair point.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Race isn't the one advocating for higher taxes Hondo, you are. You fucking hypocrite.

Actually I've never argued for higher taxes. I have made fun of people triggered by AOCs 70% tax and I have corrected people like you who lie about what she said. But I have not made the stance that I want to see that happen.

(I did also rail on the tax cuts because I don't think we should have done them. And even tho I saved about 3,500 last year, I don't think we should have cut taxes).
    Pathological liar

Again lacking the guts to stand up for the bullshit he shills for here

Embarrassing
    Well I’m arguing for higher taxes. But I’m not willing to pay extra taxes just so you don’t have to.
    We know. You want others to pay more taxes. Given the chance you'll pass on you paying more

There’s not one thing I’ve advocated that doesn’t raise my taxes.
    You can pay higher taxes now, you choose not to.
    I’m not willing to subsidize you more than the law requires me to, blob.
    What gay Bob doesn't understand. And this is his logical fallacy. If you and I both sent a check for $10k, it wouldn't even register on the financials of the government. But make everyone pay more and it not only registers, it might actually put a reasonable dent in the deficit.
    Yes. Yes. The deficit. That’s what Libs care about and why they want the 70% tax. It’s not because they want to open the gates and give free shit to everybody. No!!!!

Liberals want deficit reduction!!! And they want it now!!!!
    edited January 2019

SFGbob said:

Keep the average workers pay stagnant, for 50 years, then cry about how rich people pay all the taxes.

Claim it’s the governments job to protect people, make a bunch of excuses why the government shouldn’t protect people.

Or you could fuck strawman ass when you don't want to honestly address other people's arguments.

Who has kept the average workers pay stagnant? Do they have a name? Do you believe that people with job skills that only command a minimum wage in compensation should be able to support a family of four off that job, yes or no?

I don't believe there should be a minimum wage. Let the market set what wages are paid. And of course you dodged the questions you were asked.
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

And that has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote. Other than that, fair point.
    An admission that Hondo is too stupid to even understand what he writes.

You claimed that giving all the illegals the ability to become legal would "end[] the depressed wages." What I said was in response to exactly what you wrote. Which makes you once again, either a liar or moron. Take your pick.
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I don't believe there should be a minimum wage. Let the market set what wages are paid. And of course you dodged the questions you were asked.
    Why would you bring beliefs into this? Weak minded and lacks objectivity imo.
    Gwad said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Why would you bring beliefs into this? Weak minded and lacks objectivity imo.
    Because I was asked a question and I honestly answered it. I realize that around here that's fairly uncommon behavior.
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

You claimed that giving all the illegals the ability to become legal would "end[] the depressed wages." What I said was in response to exactly what you wrote. Which makes you once again, either a liar or moron. Take your pick.
    Dude seriously? If every illegal were made legal. Then they would be paid minimum wage. Thus ending their depressed wage.

Fuck I've had smarter discussions with an 8 year old.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter
    Illegals do not deserve to be made legal. We can not reward breaking our laws. It'll just keep happening and we'll cease to exist as a nation. Anyoneone who thinks otherwise should GTFO.
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Dude seriously? If every illegal were made legal. Then they would be paid minimum wage. Thus ending their depressed wage.

I thought that what I said had nothing to do with what you wrote Kunt? So we can dispense with that lie.

Hondo once again is too stupid to understand supply and demand.

If a contractor can get away with paying his roofers the minimum wage, they've already depressed wages dumbfuck. Making all illegals legal just creates and even greater supply of labor thus depressing their wages. There are already plenty of jobs where you can't attract legal and many illegal workers if you're only willing to pay the minimum wage.

But Hondo believes, because he is a fucking moron, that if you dump millions of formerly illegal workers into that labor market wages will some how rise because now they'll be able to earn the minimum wage.

It must be nice going through life as a fucking moron Hondo, you never have to take the energy to actually think. You just run your ignorant mouth.
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

I thought that what I said had nothing to do with what you wrote Kunt? So we can dispense with that lie.

Hondo once again is too stupid to understand supply and demand.

If a contractor can get away with paying his roofers the minimum wage, they've already depressed wages dumbfuck. Making all illegals legal just creates and even greater supply of labor thus depressing their wages. There are already plenty of jobs where you can't attract legal and many illegal workers if you're only willing to pay the minimum wage.

But Hondo believes, because he is a fucking moron, that if you dump millions of formerly illegal workers into that labor market wages will some how rise because now they'll be able to earn the minimum wage.

It must be nice going through life as a fucking moron Hondo, you never have to take the energy to actually think. You just run your ignorant mouth.
    They are already in the labor force and that work still needs to be done.

Why am I not surprised you completely didn't answer my questions and went on this fucktarded tangent.