Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Should you expect to be able to raise a family on a minimum wage job?

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,943
I keep hearing the Rats talking about how all jobs should pay a "living wage" and Willie Brown's concubine just stated that you should be able to pay all your bills working just one job, I just wonder how many of you libs agree with this sentiment.

Should I really be able to pay all of my bills working a fast food restaurant job, or working at a Walmart?

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

I keep hearing the Rats talking about how all jobs should pay a "living wage" and Willie Brown's concubine just stated that you should be able to pay all your bills working just one job, I just wonder how many of you libs agree with this sentiment.

Should I really be able to pay all of my bills working a fast food restaurant job, or working at a Walmart?

Hey if you do something, anything, you should be rich! Isn't that how it works?
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Not if you don't pay your $2 share of the rent.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    Not as long as H and hondo are cheating on their taxes
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Race, what's the difference between tax evasion and tax avoidance?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

One you go to prison, the other you go to the Bahamas or Playa or Kauai.

2001400ex said:

But but but but

Pay your fair share and then some

Or STFU about what others pay
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,943
    I recall Hondo and other liberals here shitting all over the oil industry for taking advantage of tax breaks that are available for all businesses.

Corporate welfare and "subsidies" I believe they called it.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    SFGbob said:

I don’t know. How’s it been working out so far?
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

I don’t know. How’s it been working out so far?
    Got it, you don't give a shit about what the people you're going to vote for say about a "living wage"

2001400ex said:

But but but but

Race. I'll say this once. I'm not into income bashing or gloating. But I'm pretty sure I pay more into federal income than you.

State and local tho you probably get fucked. I'd never live in California under the current tax structure. And if you make over $150k, you get fucked by the state and local tax being topped out at $10k under Trump's tax cuts. It's possible your property taxes are close to that alone.
    Now, now. Where’s that fabulous sense of humor?

No, I don’t think private employers should be required to pay a Seattle or San Francisco living wage to low skill labor.
    HHusky said:

No, I don’t think private employers should be required to pay a Seattle or San Francisco living wage to low skill labor.

Exactly. And even $15 an hour isn't close to a living wage in either City.
    HHusky said:

Got it, you just vote for people who do think that.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

But but but but

Race. I'll say this once. I'm not into income bashing or gloating. But I'm pretty sure I pay more into federal income than you.

State and local tho you probably get fucked. I'd never live in California under the current tax structure. And if you make over $150k, you get fucked by the state and local tax being topped out at $10k under Trump's tax cuts. It's possible your property taxes are close to that alone.
    What does this have to do with you being a hypocrite?

Stop trying to pretend you know shit about me and stop cheating on your taxes
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Got it, you just vote for people who do think that.
    I don’t actually have any meaningful choice if you’re talking about Seattle.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

But but but but

You told me to pay my fair share. I do pay my fair share.

That being said, when you pay sales tax to the state of California on your own for an online purchase where they didn't collect sales tax (see Wayfair decision). Then I'll move my stuff from Montana and pay sales tax on it. Fair?
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

But but but but

That being said, when you pay sales tax to the state of California on your own for an online purchase where they didn't collect sales tax (see Wayfair decision). Then I'll move my stuff from Montana and pay sales tax on it. Fair?
    But but but

Hypocrite and a cheat

Not a good look

You not only don't pay your fair share you don't even pay what you owe

This is what is wrong with the democrats. They run like hell from their own ideas. No guts or brains

That's always been the problem with limousine liberals. They insulate themselves from having to deal with the policies they advocate for. Oppose vouchers and send their own kids to private schools. Favor illegal immigration, live in communities that aren't impacted by illegal immigrants. Favor weaken criminal punishment while living behinds gates and walls patrolled by private security.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

But but but but

But but but

Hypocrite and a cheat

Not a good look

You not only don't pay your fair share you don't even pay what you owe
    Pressing. Where's your check to the state for online purchases Race?

The best part of you arguing....I do have a residence in Montana and so it's perfectly legal to do what I'm doing.

But carry on.