Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yellow says "the defense will be fine" next year...

Comments

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

89ute said:

There will be a dropoff on defense.

It will still be the best defense in the Pac12.

Maybe... Maybe not.
    Agree. Oregon , Utah will have best d in conference. You dont lose 7-8 starters in any era, any program. Bama, tOSU is proof of that this year. Even with top -3 classes every year, experience matters, always has.

If u have a good d line, backers coming back it will afford time for your db's to get used to the game. If you have Scrempo's and John Clark coming back as reliable depth, unproven 330lb RS frosh tubbolards inside and expect a pass rush, run stoppage...it takes reps, time. Meanwhile your 4 new starters at db are ficked... all I can say is thank God Molden and Bryant are back. Theyll help lead new fish along. Gilchrist's lack of development concerning. I was counting on him (another Eastside kid who never lives up to billing like Roberts...pup been warning of offering Eastside kids for 25 years...for every 1 Bud Baker there are 5 izbick's))

Dr. J is my hope at safety, maybe a true frosh at the other. Losing JoJo and the Sehome Stud are impossible to replace. Sorry you ignorant fucks but you just dont. Nor do u replace Murphy at corner. Molden will fill 1 spot, but you dont replace Murphy right away. There'll be consequences in the back 1/3 early next year.
    Our schedule is shit. By the time we play anyone good, people will be broken in. We probably will play freshmen tho.

If we played in the SEC things would be different, but we don't and they aren't.
    Broke in? Like bama's young 5-star db,'s and backers in game 14-15? They didnt get better all year. Losing 7 guys to draft on defense hurts. U watch Purdue vs tOSU? Of course u didnt. You just come to HH and spew your fucking ignorance. Cost them a playoff and likely shot at Clemson dumbshit Denny.
    UW's young defenders won't be being coached by Tosh Lupoi.

HTH
    What position group does tosh coach?
    Defense
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:

Maybe... Maybe not.
    Agree. Oregon , Utah will have best d in conference. You dont lose 7-8 starters in any era, any program. Bama, tOSU is proof of that this year. Even with top -3 classes every year, experience matters, always has.

If u have a good d line, backers coming back it will afford time for your db's to get used to the game. If you have Scrempo's and John Clark coming back as reliable depth, unproven 330lb RS frosh tubbolards inside and expect a pass rush, run stoppage...it takes reps, time. Meanwhile your 4 new starters at db are ficked... all I can say is thank God Molden and Bryant are back. Theyll help lead new fish along. Gilchrist's lack of development concerning. I was counting on him (another Eastside kid who never lives up to billing like Roberts...pup been warning of offering Eastside kids for 25 years...for every 1 Bud Baker there are 5 izbick's))

Dr. J is my hope at safety, maybe a true frosh at the other. Losing JoJo and the Sehome Stud are impossible to replace. Sorry you ignorant fucks but you just dont. Nor do u replace Murphy at corner. Molden will fill 1 spot, but you dont replace Murphy right away. There'll be consequences in the back 1/3 early next year.
    Our schedule is shit. By the time we play anyone good, people will be broken in. We probably will play freshmen tho.

If we played in the SEC things would be different, but we don't and they aren't.
    Broke in? Like bama's young 5-star db,'s and backers in game 14-15? They didnt get better all year. Losing 7 guys to draft on defense hurts. U watch Purdue vs tOSU? Of course u didnt. You just come to HH and spew your fucking ignorance. Cost them a playoff and likely shot at Clemson dumbshit Denny.

HTH
    lol
    Race, what are you trying to say? What I thought. Good to be the king (Pup)
    lol means laugh out loud

HTH
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

89ute said:

Maybe... Maybe not.

HTH
    Defense
    No dipshit, hes a coordinator. Doesnt coach young dbs (bama's trouble spots. Nice try, gate is open
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

89ute said:

Maybe... Maybe not.

HTH
    Defense
    No dipshit, hes a coordinator. Doesnt coach young dbs (bama's trouble spots. Nice try, gate is open
    Position coaches are more important than coordinators, only the brightest football minds understand this!
  • Options

89ute said:

Maybe... Maybe not.

HTH
    Defense
    Position coaches are more important than coordinators, only the brightest football minds understand this!
    Huh? Even your sarcasm proves my point. You're a bright one
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    Founders Club
    edited January 2019

89ute said:

Maybe... Maybe not.

Great! Another trip the Rose Bowl where this time we lose to Michigan State 34-17
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    As long as you don't get suspended....every single player on a CP/Lake/Kwat defense gets exponentially better.

I have no reason to think that the 2019 defensive players won't either
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pumpster the DBs aren't green. Taylor played a shit ton and is really fucking good on the outside. Hampton, Gordon and Irvin all got good reps in. Molden is pretty experienced, McKinney is experienced, and Bryant is a true veteran. Lake is one of the best in the world at coaching guys up and we have a buttery soft schedule for them to get against.

The secondary will be fine. Better than fine.

The front seven is way more concerning, but the young talent pool is better than UW has ever had. Again they have a nice, easy intro to starting roles against our schedule.

Anything lower than top 2-3 in the conference would be surprising. I expect it will be the statistically best D in the Pac again. This is where you switch from rebuilding to reloading.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,389
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not German by the way
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

So let's see here .. YellowSnow is a snot-nosed twentysomething and Race Bannon is leading around a mob of Antifa followers. Anything else I should know about any other posters?

Pup called me a gay man once.
    Did he follow that up with a fancy feast?
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So just to get this straight...

When we have 4 year JAGs playing its not good because raw ralent is the only thing that matters

also

When we will have new talented players in we are hopepless because you need reps and experience to be good?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

So just to get this straight...

When we have 4 year JAGs playing its not good because raw ralent is the only thing that matters

also

When we will have new talented players in we are hopepless because you need reps and experience to be good?

They aren't mutually exclusive ideas. The secondary this year is how you want EVERY position group to look almost every year. Experienced, talented starters with lots of talent behind them chopping at the bit to get reps.

To channel DDY, Talent matters, experience/development matters, EVERYTHING MATTERS!
  • Options
    edited January 2019

89ute said:

Maybe... Maybe not.

Great! Another trip the Rose Bowl where this time we lose to Michigan State 34-17
    chuck said:

Pumpster the DBs aren't green. Taylor played a shit ton and is really fucking good on the outside. Hampton, Gordon and Irvin all got good reps in. Molden is pretty experienced, McKinney is experienced, and Bryant is a true veteran. Lake is one of the best in the world at coaching guys up and we have a buttery soft schedule for them to get against.

The front seven is way more concerning, but the young talent pool is better than UW has ever had. Again they have a nice, easy intro to starting roles against our schedule.

Anything lower than top 2-3 in the conference would be surprising. I expect it will be the statistically best D in the Pac again. This is where you switch from rebuilding to reloading.

Read my shit dipshit b4 picking it apart. I've said most everything u said, meaning uve plagiarized my shit then used it vs me. Hit the gate chucky.

What Pup said is you just dont replace 4 starters, 2 all American and 1st-round picks with "guys who've got reps". Bama replaces 4 1st round picks with 5-star guys who've "got good reps in" and got destroyed by Ok and Clemson. If bama actually played in the big 12, pac12 or Big10, with a 9 game schedule and an OOC foe besides Louisville, they wood have had 2 losses. Their defensive backfield was shit, backers very average.

Starting experience matters in college football...figure that out and debate Pup next year. I praised hampton... but he's not ready to start
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,599
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

89ute said:

Maybe... Maybe not.

chuck said:

Read my shit dipshit b4 picking it apart. I've said most everything u said, meaning uve plagiarized my shit then used it vs me. Hit the gate chucky.

What Pup said is you just dont replace 4 starters, 2 all American and 1st-round picks with "guys who've got reps". Bama replaces 4 1st round picks with 5-star guys who've "got good reps in" and got destroyed by Ok and Clemson. If bama actually played in the big 12, pac12 or Big10, with a 9 game schedule and an OOC for besides Louisville, they wood have had 2 losses. Their defensive backfield was shit, backers very average.

Starting experience matters in college football...figure that out and debate Pup next year.
    Always next year with you