Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

[Official] Game of Thrones Season 7

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Haven't seen it yet. But I need to know if there are tits.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Jaime never once believed that his brother murdered the king, he even says so multiple times. I don't see how finding out who actually did it changes anything with him.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

Screw George RR Martin that lazy b@stard. This season is everything that is wrong with him.

This season kinda blows...they are fast forwarding though the story but you can tell they have a list of critical events that they are working through and no real background/build-up into why and how any of it should happen. Compare season 2 to this season...in the first 3 episodes so far you have as many critical events as you had in the entire 10 episode Season 2 but with none of the backstory to make it all fit together. And I'm sure it is going to get even worse.

Last season you could kinda tell they had book material to work off of from the never-to-be-finished Winds of Winter, whereas now the show is off in the woods writing their own story with much less time or thought available to do it.

And this is why GRRM blows...he got lazy and built a world up he didn't know how to finish, and it is at best 50/50 that Winds of Winter will be released in his lifetime, much less the probably 3 additional books required to actually coherently finish the story.

This blog is now 5 years old and more relevant today than it was then:
    http://grrrm.livejournal.com/

Seriously fuck him. At least Robert Jordan had the dignity to let someone else finish his series when he died. I've read if that happens Martin doesn't want anyone to finish them, fuck you you fat oaf. Someone should lock him in a dungeon until he finishes. Guy enjoys going to comic cons and being a minor celebrity way too much.
  • BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    That's one magic traveling fleet. Goes around entire continents in a few hours. Also what's with creepy Bran peeping on Sansa lmao
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

Screw George RR Martin that lazy b@stard. This season is everything that is wrong with him.

This season kinda blows...they are fast forwarding though the story but you can tell they have a list of critical events that they are working through and no real background/build-up into why and how any of it should happen. Compare season 2 to this season...in the first 3 episodes so far you have as many critical events as you had in the entire 10 episode Season 2 but with none of the backstory to make it all fit together. And I'm sure it is going to get even worse.

Last season you could kinda tell they had book material to work off of from the never-to-be-finished Winds of Winter, whereas now the show is off in the woods writing their own story with much less time or thought available to do it.

And this is why GRRM blows...he got lazy and built a world up he didn't know how to finish, and it is at best 50/50 that Winds of Winter will be released in his lifetime, much less the probably 3 additional books required to actually coherently finish the story.

This blog is now 5 years old and more relevant today than it was then:
    http://grrrm.livejournal.com/

Seriously fuck him. At least Robert Jordan had the dignity to let someone else finish his series when he died. I've read if that happens Martin doesn't want anyone to finish them, fuck you you fat oaf. Someone should lock him in a dungeon until he finishes. Guy enjoys going to comic cons and being a minor celebrity way too much.
    ROTNPOTD
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    edited August 2017
    Gladstone said:

the logistics of the entire season make no sense especially for a medieval world.

I could believe the troop movements using helicopters and aircraft carriers but not caravels and horses.

Jamie: Kings Landing -> Casterly Rock to fetch the army -> High Garden and no one notices? They're at war and no outriders see 8,000 Lanisters marching 500 miles down the ocean road? Where were the baggage trains for the supplies?

Grey Worm in that little of time sails all the way around Dorn and up to the rock? That's some nice cooperation from the winds and currents!

Let's not forget the magic ships of Captain Greyjoy! He intercepts the sand snakes which I agree would be plausible given they are passing right by Kings Landing from Dragonstone and he was just there hitting on Cersei. But then, depending on where he attacked, he either back tracked north to drop off his prize or just went south (which shows how bad an admiral Yara is because the enemy would literally have been around the next rock). Making port in Kings Landing (again no spies or "little birds") to give away his fleet's position, he would have to spend at least a day to resupply and boast about his captures then he would immediately need to sail the 2000 miles to catch Grey Worm who, also using the same caliber of ships (with the exception of the flagship which must be the Black Peril or Queen Anne's Revenge to be so great), would have had a week or so head start yet catches him completely by surprise right after the attack ends.

This is a complete change from the books where Martin takes logistics into great consideration and even uses them as major plot turns. Examples: A.) needing house Frey to cross the river. b.) The war camps of the Starks and Lanisters showing full support trains and slow movement of medieval armies. C.) Even the Dothraki are previously shown to have supply sections.

tldr: Wall of text nerd rage

These are good points. Kind of part of my "stuff is moving too fast comment," but you stated it much more clearly. Everything seems kind of forced, unreal, and overly sped up right now. I thought it was super JV when Euron is on the Iron Throne talking shit about the Sand Snakes, and two days later he is burning the Unsullied Fleet at Casterly Rock. WTF? It would have taken two days to reprovision and get underway from Kings Landing, working round the clock.

It's almost like with no source material the showrunners brains fell out their asses, or they were always just this dumb, but had good material to work off of. Being honest, the writing seems a little less creative and interesting as well this season. Still a good show, but slipping imo.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Swaye said:

Bump before episode 3 fuckers.

#NightKing#getsome

Who?
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

the logistics of the entire season make no sense especially for a medieval world.

I could believe the troop movements using helicopters and aircraft carriers but not caravels and horses.

Jamie: Kings Landing -> Casterly Rock to fetch the army -> High Garden and no one notices? They're at war and no outriders see 8,000 Lanisters marching 500 miles down the ocean road? Where were the baggage trains for the supplies?

Grey Worm in that little of time sails all the way around Dorn and up to the rock? That's some nice cooperation from the winds and currents!

Let's not forget the magic ships of Captain Greyjoy! He intercepts the sand snakes which I agree would be plausible given they are passing right by Kings Landing from Dragonstone and he was just there hitting on Cersei. But then, depending on where he attacked, he either back tracked north to drop off his prize or just went south (which shows how bad an admiral Yara is because the enemy would literally have been around the next rock). Making port in Kings Landing (again no spies or "little birds") to give away his fleet's position, he would have to spend at least a day to resupply and boast about his captures then he would immediately need to sail the 2000 miles to catch Grey Worm who, also using the same caliber of ships (with the exception of the flagship which must be the Black Peril or Queen Anne's Revenge to be so great), would have had a week or so head start yet catches him completely by surprise right after the attack ends.

This is a complete change from the books where Martin takes logistics into great consideration and even uses them as major plot turns. Examples: A.) needing house Frey to cross the river. b.) The war camps of the Starks and Lanisters showing full support trains and slow movement of medieval armies. C.) Even the Dothraki are previously shown to have supply sections.

tldr: Wall of text nerd rage

These are good points. Kind of part of my "stuff is moving too fast comment," but you stated it much more clearly. Everything seems kind of forced, unreal, and overly sped up right now. I thought it was super JV when Euron is on the Iron Throne talking shit about the Sand Snakes, and two days later he is burning the Unsullied Fleet at Casterly Rock. WTF? It would have taken two days to reprovision and get underway from Kings Landing, working round the clock.

It's almost like with no source material the showrunners brains fell out their asses, or they were always just this dumb, but had good material to work off of. Being honest, the writing seems a little less creative and interesting as well this season. Still a good show, but slipping imo.
    I'm fine with the unrealistic teleportation tactics they are using. I do not want a fucking episode that has a bunch of meaningless conversations and showing Euron and Jamie getting their armies prepped. That was pretty much last season filler garbage.

This last episode was a really good episode.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    final 3 eps of the season will be 85-90 min long

previous record was last season's finale that was 65
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,560 Standard Supporter
    Danny and Jon Snow just need to hump like rabbits in the next episode and get some endorphins flowing. Hilarity ensues for the army of the dead and Sersai.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club

Danny and Jon Snow just need to hump like rabbits in the next episode and get some endorphins flowing. Hilarity ensues for the army of the dead and Sersai.

There was a real chemistry there not seen since the early days of the incest kids
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,560 Standard Supporter
    Gladstone said:

There was a real chemistry there not seen since the early days of the incest kids
    Memories of Khaleesi getting it doggy-style from Khal Drogo.

#passion
    I've had nights like that.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    is this a pegging thred now?