Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How would you define doog?

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

haie said:

Oregon is our NW rival. The hate is there on both sides. Both programs have had success.

WSU is not a rival. They suck ass. Then they make claims about how Oregon has dominated us to refute this point, as if it's even close to the same situation. Aggy schools are just happy to be Power 5. They are no ones rival.

SC is our true rival, and really the rival of the entire conference. I don't care if the feeling is mutual or not. They are the team you want to beat 17-12 in their own empty stadium.

USC doesn't give a shit about us. Their rivals are Notre Dame and the other schools in Cali.

WSU, as stated is a total joke and only counts as a rival because they are in Washington.

Oregon is our main rival. Neither fan base likes the other. The series is competitive. The biggest doogs here are the ones who are so threatened by Oregon that they can't admit to being their rival.

I'll take Things the doogliest of the Doogs say for $400 Alex.
    Calling Oregon our rival drives coogs crazy. Worth it for that alone imo
    I just think it's cute that a school that you've beat 3 times the last 2 duckades is considered a rival. But then again Army is Navy's rival as well. So you might be onto something.
    If being a rival depends on success then the coogs still aren't our rival

Hope this helps
    Agreed. Oregon is now our rival.
    Oregon has always been a border "rival", but when the Huskies have had it dialed in, USC has always been the mark.

UW vs UO 59-45-5
    UW vs USC 29-51-4 ... fucking ouch.

I don't know what "always" means in your world, but 29-51-4, along with 50 other measures I could cite, tell me we? you? they? aren't very close to the mark.

I don't think you need to be 50/50 to have a rivalry ... but it needs to be a little closer, and you have to actually dislike your rival.

You skin-flute playing doogs LOVE SC. And SC LOVES you, like most of us love a Golden Retriever. What's not to love?
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

haie said:

Oregon is our NW rival. The hate is there on both sides. Both programs have had success.

WSU is not a rival. They suck ass. Then they make claims about how Oregon has dominated us to refute this point, as if it's even close to the same situation. Aggy schools are just happy to be Power 5. They are no ones rival.

SC is our true rival, and really the rival of the entire conference. I don't care if the feeling is mutual or not. They are the team you want to beat 17-12 in their own empty stadium.

USC doesn't give a shit about us. Their rivals are Notre Dame and the other schools in Cali.

WSU, as stated is a total joke and only counts as a rival because they are in Washington.

Oregon is our main rival. Neither fan base likes the other. The series is competitive. The biggest doogs here are the ones who are so threatened by Oregon that they can't admit to being their rival.

Also it's true.
    That's true.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

haie said:

Exhibit A.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Gladstone said:

I always thought of doogs as the angry militant pollyanna types who would attack anyone who questioned the AD, questioned the coaching, had standards that weren't being met, etc etc. Someone like Section14aFS. Someone who posted fallacious arguments like "why don't you put the headset on then big guy if coaching is so easy" or "we were 0-12 five years ago and you expect us to come within 30 points of Oregon? You aren't a true Husky fan." I didn't always think being a doog and being a homer were the same things, although their creative lines did blur at times.

Yes. Yours is as good a definition as any. I think homer is a broader term, and doogs are an annoying subset of said term.

Oregon needn't be an obsession to qualify as a doog, but most doogs are Oregon-obsessed.

Think royotis, who one time started threads comparing Seattle and Portland, and then Washington and Oregon, and argued for months, on a point by point basis mind you, trying to "prove" Washington, the state, was more beautiful than Oregon.

What can I tell you? They're a stupid bunch. Your militant program fan is a good focus for identifying these people.

Think about the frat guy who is just a little too enthusiastic about "the house". Same dood.

Section14A is a really good example.

Well done.
    I hate our? Fans.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Sc cares about notre Dame and UCLA.

And Stanford, strangely enough.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

haie said:

I just think it's cute that a school that you've beat 3 times the last 2 duckades is considered a rival. But then again Army is Navy's rival as well. So you might be onto something.

Hope this helps
    Oregon has always been a border "rival", but when the Huskies have had it dialed in, USC has always been the mark.

UW vs UO 59-45-5

I don't know what "always" means in your world, but 29-51-4, along with 50 other measures I could cite, tell me we? you? they? aren't very close to the mark.

I don't think you need to be 50/50 to have a rivalry ... but it needs to be a little closer, and you have to actually dislike your rival.

You skin-flute playing doogs LOVE SC. And SC LOVES you, like most of us love a Golden Retriever. What's not to love?

Huh? Can you read? I wrote that Oregon has always been UW's border rival, a true statement. Simple fact. Bad blood and though 59-45-5 is not 50/50, it's close enough. That was the point.

If you can fucking read you'll realize that I didn't write that USC has always been our? rival. I wrote that they have always been the mark when the Huskies are dialed in. Simple fact, SC sets the standard for the conference. When the Huskies suck, USC doesn't matter, there is usually way too much separation under those circumstances. But when the Huskies matter, USC is almost always the measuring stick, by far the best program in the conference and one that has historically kicked our? ass. 29-51-4 .. that's a fucking ouch ... not a fucking rival.

And by the way, USC kicks your cane's ass in all meaningful measures as well, so fuck off, Miami fag ;-) ... even lowly UW is 2 -1 vs Miami, so go back to your hole and enjoy another decade of irrelevance looking up at FSU and Clemson while Mark "also ran" Richt keeps you? mired in mediocrity. So there.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

Sc cares about notre Dame and UCLA.

And Stanford, strangely enough.
    It may go back further and have something to do with a couple of snobby private schools and the north south California thing but I remember that the Trojans and Indians got into it good when McKay was at SC and Stanford had their back to back Rose Bowl fling with Plunkett and the next QB. They had post game dust ups on the field like the "what's your deal" game with Harbaugh and Carroll
  • Options

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

haie said:

Hope this helps

UW vs UO 59-45-5

Huh? Can you read? I wrote that Oregon has always been UW's border rival, a true statement. Simple fact. Bad blood and though 59-45-5 is not 50/50, it's close enough. That was the point.

If you can fucking read you'll realize that I didn't write that USC has always been our? rival. I wrote that they have always been the mark when the Huskies are dialed in. Simple fact, SC sets the standard for the conference. When the Huskies suck, USC doesn't matter, there is usually way too much separation under those circumstances. But when the Huskies matter, USC is almost always the measuring stick, by far the best program in the conference and one that has historically kicked our? ass. 29-51-4 .. that's a fucking ouch ... not a fucking rival.

And by the way, USC kicks your cane's ass in all meaningful measures as well, so fuck off, Miami fag ;-) ... even lowly UW is 2 -1 vs Miami, so go back to your hole and enjoy another decade of irrelevance looking up at FSU and Clemson while Mark "also ran" Richt keeps you? mired in mediocrity. So there.
    Wanna make out?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    USC is our rival. We aren't their rival.

It's a 2 way street.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2017

UW vs UO 59-45-5

All UW needs to do is win 12 straight against USC and...and then still be behind by double digit games to their main rival.

Shit.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dtd said:

You don't have to be a dawg to be a doog. Look at all the Oregon fans that think 7 wins will be a successful season. That's some fucking doog bullshit.

Those are Quooks. Here's a handy reference sheet for you:

Doog
    Coog
    Quook
    Boov
    Boor
    Cood

Broon
    Trooj
    Sun Doovil
    Wildcoot
    Boof
    Oote
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dtd said:

UW vs UO 59-45-5

All UW needs to do is win 12 straight against USC and...and then still be behind by double digit games to their main rival.

Shit.
    Sincerely, the Duckade
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

dtd said:

UW vs UO 59-45-5

Shit.
    Sincerely, the Duckade
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

haie said:

Hope this helps

UW vs UO 59-45-5

Wanna make out?
    Meet for "cocktails" at the Fontainebleau and see where it goes from there? ;-)
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dtd said:

You don't have to be a dawg to be a doog. Look at all the Oregon fans that think 7 wins will be a successful season. That's some fucking doog bullshit.

Anyone who thinks 7 wins is a successful season should just quit and become a permanent coog fan.