Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How would you define doog?

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
The word is expressly prohibited on UWDP and has its roots in the great Dawgman purge. Although it seems everyone defines it differently.

Derek defines it in our glossary thread as follows:

An alleged Husky fan who is obsessed with Oregon. Would like to see Oregon lose as much (or more than) seeing Washington win. The UW equivalent of a Coog.

It's also over-the-top excitement for anything that is currently happening in the program, regardless of what it is. Kick ass pressers, FREE PUB!, incremental progress, best recruiter in the nation, best assistants in the nation, molder of men, five tough questions, no rap music at practice, rap music at practice, finally a coach with discipline, finally players coach, Gilby/Ty/Sark is a breath of fresh air....

I don't entirely agree. I always thought of doogs as the angry militant pollyanna types who would attack anyone who questioned the AD, questioned the coaching, had standards that weren't being met, etc etc. Someone like Section14aFS. Someone who posted fallacious arguments like "why don't you put the headset on then big guy if coaching is so easy" or "we were 0-12 five years ago and you expect us to come within 30 points of Oregon? You aren't a true Husky fan." I didn't always think being a doog and being a homer were the same things, although their creative lines did blur at times.

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    it seems like the meaning has morphed over the years but boobs coined it right?

Now most opposing fans (and some Huskies) will just fling it as a general insult without really knowing the context of it.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I often ponder this very question
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon is our main rival. WSU is a joke.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon is our NW rival. The hate is there on both sides. Both programs have had success.

WSU is not a rival. They suck ass. Then they make claims about how Oregon has dominated us to refute this point, as if it's even close to the same situation. Aggy schools are just happy to be Power 5. They are no ones rival.

SC is our true rival, and really the rival of the entire conference. I don't care if the feeling is mutual or not. They are the team you want to beat 17-12 in their own empty stadium.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,062
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description [doog]; and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it.

At first glance I thought that was Bob Hope.