Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How would you define doog?

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited May 2017
    Doog vs quook.

Sad!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited May 2017

Lots of cucks in here for a school like USC. UW's problem is they never will see themselves as USC's better or equal. When Oregon was on a roll we? didn't give a FUCK about all their phony pageantry, their pre-BCS voted natties and the legions of cucks that pencil them in automatically every year as the standard of the conference. Oregon shit down their leg like they were trash and made UW slurp up the butt gravy ° (copyrighted by salemcoog). Fact is Oregon and Stanford have been the standard of the conference until recently, not USC. Until USC makes the playoffs and prove themselves in the current decade, they take a backseat to the teams that have.

A most confounding poast my good man. Here here.

On the one hand, you hit on something that has always bugged me about Husky fandom ... not just the doogs, which I agree is a term that has lost meaning and is now just a general pajorative in the hands of the average poaster. It is this enthusiastic acceptance of being in second place to USC and taking so much pride in how much "USC really respects us" that I find pathetic. I like the rebellious disdain for royalty. I hate people who bow.

I would have more respect for bitterness and begrudging credit where it's due ... to acknowledge the facts, but not embrace it so gladly and man crush so much on one's superior. Be pissed. Hate on 'em some. Accuse them of cheating (sound familiar?) ... do something for Jake's sake. This posture UW has relative to USC is effeminate. So you're spot on there and you should have about 100WTFs by now because it taps into the deepes insecurities of the best of 'em here. See, e.g., @southerndawg's infinitely ghey retort to me how USC trumps my Canes on cfb historical significance. He actually props up SC to hurt me ... so unmanly.

On the other hand, discussing any team in this conference as the standard for a truncated period of time is quooky/doogy. Oregon had a nice run; stipulated. Natty or no natty is whatever. UW has one and made up one or two others. Super.

But over time, in this confrunce, it is SC ... Seconds place or temporary substitutes are rather insignificant.

But I like your spunk.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Fuck you!! Don't fuck with my Washington Huskies!! Now I'm 100% doogin
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

Popping off about 70 is fun, but I really wish we would have missed an extra point.

deadspin.com/rob-gronkowski-once-tanked-a-free-throw-to-keep-his-hig-1791836453

Nice.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    Founders Club

Lots of cucks in here for a school like USC. UW's problem is they never will see themselves as USC's better or equal. When Oregon was on a roll we? didn't give a FUCK about all their phony pageantry, their pre-BCS voted natties and the legions of cucks that pencil them in automatically every year as the standard of the conference. Oregon shit down their leg like they were trash and made UW slurp up the butt gravy ° (copyrighted by salemcoog). Fact is Oregon and Stanford have been the standard of the conference until recently, not USC. Until USC makes the playoffs and prove themselves in the current decade, they take a backseat to the teams that have.

On the one hand, you hit on something that has always bugged me about Husky fandom ... not just the doogs, which I agree is a term that has lost meaning and is now just a general pajorative in the hands of the average poaster. It is this enthusiastic acceptance of being in second place to USC and taking so much pride in how much "USC really respects us" that I find pathetic. I like the rebellious disdain for royalty. I hate people who bow.

I would have more respect for bitterness and begrudging credit where it's due ... to acknowledge the facts, but not embrace it so gladly and man crush so much on one's superior. Be pissed. Hate on 'em some. Accuse them of cheating (sound familiar?) ... do something for Jake's sake. This posture UW has relative to USC is effeminate. So you're spot on there and you should have about 100WTFs by now because it taps into the deepes insecurities of the best of 'em here. See, e.g., @southerndawg's infinitely ghey retort to me how USC trumps my Canes on cfb historical significance. He actually props up SC to hurt me ... so unmanly.

On the other hand, discussing any team in this conference as the standard for a truncated period of time is quooky/doogy. Oregon had a nice run; stipulated. Natty or no natty is whatever. UW has one and made up one or two others. Super.

But over time, in this confrunce, it is SC ... Seconds place or temporary substitutes are rather insignificant.

But I like your spunk.
    Take this to the spunk bored!
  • Options

But I like your spunk.
    Take this to the spunk bored!
    He never ponied up the dough
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Sc cares about notre Dame and UCLA.

SC is the benchmark. Oregon and Stanford had their little runs, but SC is usually at least a 7 or 8 win team they rarely go more than five years without at least tying for a title. I've never thought of them as a big rival, but it's usually an accomplishment to beat them. If nothing else, you're beating what's usually a more talented group.

Beating Oregon just feels like something you ought to be able to do most years. That makes the yuge losing streak to them all the more pathetic.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Doog = "new coach is just like Don James!"
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

But I like your spunk.
    Fixed
  • Options
    Founders Club

Doog is basically a term used these days if you have an opinion about UW football and someone else does not agree with that opinion. We can all thank more cock for that one.

yeah ppl close their eyes and shout it at anyone they disagree with. the term has been bastardized.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Sc cares about notre Dame and UCLA.

SC is the benchmark. Oregon and Stanford had their little runs, but SC is usually at least a 7 or 8 win team they rarely go more than five years without at least tying for a title. I've never thought of them as a big rival, but it's usually an accomplishment to beat them. If nothing else, you're beating what's usually a more talented group.

Beating Oregon just feels like something you ought to be able to do most years. That makes the yuge losing streak to them all the more pathetic.
    coaching is everything

belloti (chip as OC)
    chip
    helfrich (with MM at QB)

vs

Gilby
    Ty
    Sark

Now that it's Petersen vs Helfrich/Black Sark/Cristobal the shoe is on the other foot. SHOCKER
  • Options
    doog is the washington guy version of uoduckgirl.

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

The definition of doog is @haie