Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Aetna Ditching 70% Obamacare Business

Comments

• dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Yeah its worked great under ObaMao Care! Only a 13% increase in premiums this year.......

Not sure where you're getting 13% for this year, but premium increases have slowed since Obamacare. They've always grown every year, Obamacare or not.

From my fucking bill is where I get the info! Company says it's due to ObaMao Care costs being higher.
    That's settles it then.

Did your company get off the gold standard in 1933, too?

Your insurer probably needed that 13% to cover the costs of your full blown AIDS.
    Did you factor in increased deductibles and copays? That's what I thought. Dipfuck.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

Yeah its worked great under ObaMao Care! Only a 13% increase in premiums this year.......

Not sure where you're getting 13% for this year, but premium increases have slowed since Obamacare. They've always grown every year, Obamacare or not.

*-Premium change is statistically different from previous period shown.

Nothings change here.
    That's fine, just compare '04-'08 to '09-14.

Average premium increases more than halved from 1999-2004 - 2004-2009, but then only dropped by 24% from 2004-2009 - 2009-2014.

When you consider the trend, the numbers in that chart suggest that the ACA has indeed increased the cost of premiums, which in my mind has no doubt happened. I mean, we're covering more people, and we're covering people who are extremely costly to cover...obviously that's going to impact the price of premiums.

We are talking about percentage increases, no one is saying premiums didn't increase. Guessing you weren't a calculus major.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

If you're just here to talk 81 percentage increases you will last long

• Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

Nothings change here.

Average premium increases more than halved from 1999-2004 - 2004-2009, but then only dropped by 24% from 2004-2009 - 2009-2014.

When you consider the trend, the numbers in that chart suggest that the ACA has indeed increased the cost of premiums, which in my mind has no doubt happened. I mean, we're covering more people, and we're covering people who are extremely costly to cover...obviously that's going to impact the price of premiums.

We are talking about percentage increases, no one is saying premiums didn't increase. Guessing you weren't a calculus major.
    That's fine. I realize I'm not discussing exactly what you two were arguing. I just wanted to use your chart to point out that the ACA has made premium costs higher than they would have been had the ACA not been passed. You know, so nobody gets the wrong idea.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

From my fucking bill is where I get the info! Company says it's due to ObaMao Care costs being higher.
    That's settles it then.

Your insurer probably needed that 13% to cover the costs of your full blown AIDS.
    Did you factor in increased deductibles and copays? That's what I thought. Dipfuck.
    Forgot to mention my co-pays went from 10 or 20.00 to 10 to 40.00. Don't see 10.00 very often either.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,281 Founders Club
    edited August 2016

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

Nothings change here.

That's fine. I realize I'm not discussing exactly what you two were arguing. I just wanted to use your chart to point out that the ACA has made premium costs higher than they would have been had the ACA not been passed. You know, so nobody gets the wrong idea.
    That chart is a bit dishonest as well. It doesn't factor in the rapid rise in deductibles and out of pocket maximums. That *sleight of hand was used to disguise the true rise in premium costs. If you compare premiums for plans people actually want, the rise in premiums has been stunningly unsustainable, which is contributing to the "why" so many for profit and "not for profit" carriers have pulled out of the exchanges.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

Nothings change here.

That chart is a bit dishonest as well. It doesn't factor in the rapid rise in deductibles and out of pocket maximums. That slight of hand was used to disguise the true rise in premium costs. If you compare premiums for plans people actually want, the rise in premiums has been stunningly unsustainable, which is contributing to the "why" so many for profit and "not for profit" carriers have pulled out of the exchanges.
    Yup. It's like having a chart that shows the price of a box of Triscuits (or Wheat Thins if you're one of those fags) over time, without taking into consideration the fact that the box size has decreased.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    And what really pisses me off about the ACA is that "It won't make your health insurance cost more" and even "It's going to reduce the cost of insurance" were reasons constantly stated as why we should be okay with it, and now those same people (at least the ones who realize that costs have gone up) are saying "well, yeah, but come on it's worth it, dude."
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

And what really pisses me off about the ACA is that "It won't make your health insurance cost more" and even "It's going to reduce the cost of insurance" were reasons constantly stated as why we should be okay with it, and now those same people (at least the ones who realize that costs have gone up) are saying "well, yeah, but come on it's worth it, dude."

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

That's settles it then.

No. And I didn't factor in your sandy vagina, either, so fuck yourself.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    dflea said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

That's settles it then.

No. And I didn't factor in your sandy vagina, either, so fuck yourself.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

We were all just Lucky Obama ramrodded this act through Congress at all.