Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Study Suggests Oregon is Doomed for a Downturn with Helfrich

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Canard said:

Canard said:

Canard said:

There's no reason to kiss this guy's ass. Harbaugh didn't have anything to sustain. He didn't even win the PAC 12. He ran off to the NFL like a punk motherfucker before he won anything of note. And now he's fled from the NFL before winning anything of note while turning his team into a stinking mess. Currently he's raiding his former school like a punk mother fucker. Hurting the Stanford program will hurt the PAC 12. Fuck him.

You're a dipshit.
    So are you.
    If you cannot see that both the UO, and especially the UW, fan bases wouldn't mind a neutered Stanford going forward, well, there's just no helping you.
    You're a dipshit. A good Stanford program is good for the PAC 12. Get your fucking ass over to the ACC if you want to play shitty teams all season long.
    You're such a dumb ass. The North is a zero sum game.
    There's no such thing as a zero sum game. Sincerely, Mike Damone.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 2015

This article does a great job of proving one thing. The minute anyone talks slightly negatively about Oregon, it's fans go into pissy little faggot tantrums.

Let's be honest, this site is an alternative to the humorless drivel on places like dawgman. A lot of what is posted here is self depreciating towards the team this site is named after and a lot is tongue-in-cheek. There are some duck fans here that contribute to such discussions and give the huskies a good natured ribbing as well. However, as AZDuck has demonstrated in this post, they get all serious and turn into 12-level pussy mouthbreathers the minute anything negative is slightly suggested about the Ducks.

No. What it proves is that it's FS to:

- write an article about your most fierce rival;

- the basic point of which is about as revealing as me saying, "if I throw a baseball in the air, it will come down;" and

- then pretend that you're merely making an objective observation and aren't otherwise personally invested.

Of course he'll regress. Everyone does. Everywhere. It's just a matter of time. Did anyone here need to learn that? Seriously?

Regardless of how a handful of dip shit Oregon fans (predictably) react to said FS article, the real story here is that it's a stupid and obvious point that is written ENTIRELY for self soothing purposes.

Know what would be just as predictable as Oregon fans reacting sandy to this article? A bunch of Huskies going full sandy on me if I were to write an article suggesting that Don James' career was a bit overrated and built upon playing in a top-heavy conference, the winner of which got to prove itself a "champion" by playing some slug Big 10 team in a second rate bowl on New Year's day while the truly best teams in the country were off playing in the Sugar or Orange Bowl.

Predictability is overrated.
  • Options

AZDuck said:

This article does a great job of proving one thing. The minute anyone talks slightly negatively about Oregon, it's fans go into pissy little faggot tantrums.

Let's be honest, this site is an alternative to the humorless drivel on places like dawgman. A lot of what is posted here is self depreciating towards the team this site is named after and a lot is tongue-in-cheek. There are some duck fans here that contribute to such discussions and give the huskies a good natured ribbing as well. However, as AZDuck has demonstrated in this post, they get all serious and turn into 12-level pussy mouthbreathers the minute anything negative is slightly suggested about the Ducks.

Not the case.

Why should I have any patience for wishful thinking unsupported by evidence or analysis?
    The evidence is pretty clear that these types of hires don't work out in the long run. It also shows they can have huge success in their first few years. Its fair to disagree with the conclusion and say he will be Tom Osborne or Oregon is like Michigan and will remain consistent. Saying there is no evidence or analysis is FS and shows you are butthurt over the conclusion.
    The evidence is more than that: it shows that everyone, new hires and successful coaches staying put, tend to regress. Bob Stoops has been fucking the dog for a few years now.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I'm taking Race's stance on this.

Oregon's going to regress under Helfrich, until they don't
  • Options

I'm taking Race's stance on this.

Oregon's going to regress under Helfrich, until they don't

Either way, it'll be interesting.

Scratch that: either way, I won't give a fuck.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Fuck you @creepycoug‌.

And fuck you @DingaLing‌. Why don't you post something? I see you voting up/awesomeing the most critical comments.

Oregon probably regresses faster than I thought.

I just want Oregon to implode so I can be right. Seriously.

Suck it bitches!!

Fuck us and all who revel in the pain and displeasure of others.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Fuck you @creepycoug‌.

And fuck you @DingaLing‌. Why don't you post something? I see you voting up/awesomeing the most critical comments.

Suck it bitches!!

I'm good.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Fuck you @creepycoug‌.

Suck it bitches!!

I'm good.
    An Oregon fan mocking UW's March Madness choke job against Louisville inspired that catchphrase.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck your metrics, though.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fuck you @creepycoug‌.

Suck it bitches!!

I'm good.
    An Oregon fan mocking UW's March Madness choke job against Louisville inspired that catchphrase.
    There's a bored dedicated to that drivel.

HTH
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,115
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Fuck your metrics, though.

I think you mean advanced metrics, normal metrics are cool
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited January 2015
    SRS NATIONAL CHAMPS REPRESENT

This is at least as valid as a Helms Association natty
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

This is going to get repeated, A LOT
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

We beat the #1 team in the nation. You lost in the natty.

That's... that's kinda a huge difference.
  • Options
    Read the thread and the original article. Chest mentions SRS post-season #1 as the moral equivalent of a natty. I'm just adopting the standards that Chest espouses. You guys should be happy