Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Study Suggests Oregon is Doomed for a Downturn with Helfrich

Comments

• Options
    Sundevil76Sundevil76 Member Posts: 109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Comment
    HA! Best to hold back until we have a full season after Mariotta is gone. The Ducks will get a good recruiting class another time. I thought after the Arizona losses their would be a decline but not sure now?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye said:

When did Chest become such a Doog?

"Fuck you and all who revel in the pain and displeasure of others" comes to mind
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,496
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You motherfuckers write way too much.

Oregon wins. Or they won't. Either way it will be interesting.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If by downturn you mean not win the national title every year then ya.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If by downturn you mean not win the national title every year then ya.

Awful 5th-y for Jan 12th.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,042
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    What is the "1s" in the National Championship column next to Harbaugh?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Also, when did this become the Oregon Football bored?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dtd said:

Also, when did this become the Oregon Football bored?

DgD
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    dtd said:

What is the "1s" in the National Championship column next to Harbaugh?

Stanford was #1 in SRS in 2010. Switzer was #1 in SRS the year after he won the NC so thats why his is a 2s. Butch Davis has 1s because Miami was #1 SRS in 2000.
  • Options
    JaveJave Member Posts: 43
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Testing 1
    edited January 2015
    Muttzen said:

Here's something I made for Oregon. On the top are the QB's for each year, the bottom are the coaches. Green is team recruiting ranking for the arriving class according to Rivals.

Here's my prediction:

How did I make the prediction?

Most people agree on a couple of things
    1) Chip was an excellent coach
    2) Mariota is an excellent college QB.

There is a dropoff in PPG between Chip's last year and Helf's 2 years. The system is still very similar.
    I assumed Mariota did not develop much (influence stayed about even. Assuming that the uptick in points per game Chip's last year is due to Mariota. Also assuming that the dropoff post chip was due to losing his influence (could be due to roster turnover too, but that happens every year).

So, I simply took the rise in points by adding Mariota and subtracted it from the current points. Most of the additional assumptions I would make would make Chip seem like a better coach, so I think this is a good middle ground. This scoring amount would likely amount to a 7-2 or 6-3 in conference finish. Sounds reasonable to me.

WTF is this retarded graph anyway? Your trying to show how Oregon has declined under Helfrich 12 days before he plays for the national championship? Seriously?

Then you end it with your prediction of a "7-2 or 6-3 in conference finish". Only he finished 8-1, and so far, 13-1 overall last I checked Oregon fucked the defending national champions right in the pussy 59-20 and is on his way to Dallas to play for the national championship. So I'd say Helfrich is doing ok for his second year coaching?

SO tell me, how is that Peterson hire working out for ya? After all, Peterson>>>>>>Helfrich right?
  • Options
    MuttzenMuttzen Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Jave said:

Muttzen said:

Here's something I made for Oregon. On the top are the QB's for each year, the bottom are the coaches. Green is team recruiting ranking for the arriving class according to Rivals.

Here's my prediction:

There is a dropoff in PPG between Chip's last year and Helf's 2 years. The system is still very similar.
    I assumed Mariota did not develop much (influence stayed about even. Assuming that the uptick in points per game Chip's last year is due to Mariota. Also assuming that the dropoff post chip was due to losing his influence (could be due to roster turnover too, but that happens every year).

So, I simply took the rise in points by adding Mariota and subtracted it from the current points. Most of the additional assumptions I would make would make Chip seem like a better coach, so I think this is a good middle ground. This scoring amount would likely amount to a 7-2 or 6-3 in conference finish. Sounds reasonable to me.

WTF is this retarded graph anyway? Your trying to show how Oregon has declined under Helfrich 12 days before he plays for the national championship? Seriously?
    Sold, Heil Helfrich!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Jave said:

Muttzen said:

Here's my prediction:

Then you end it with your prediction of a "7-2 or 6-3 in conference finish". Only he finished 8-1, and so far, 13-1 overall last I checked Oregon fucked the defending national champions right in the pussy 59-20 and is on his way to Dallas to play for the national championship. So I'd say Helfrich is doing ok for his second year coaching?
    There's more to it than that, I personally would predict a 8-1 conference finish or 7-2 as most likely. This was just a quick excel handhackjob. To do a thorough job with predicting future standings is more complicated than anything I can whip up myself. And even if you do a "good" job, you might still be totally wrong.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,825
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

For what its worth if Helf follows what I expect his record would be something like this the next 4 years:

11-2
    10-3
    9-5
    8-5

I don't think its an extreme view to say he will regress. Fair to disagree but you can't paint it as extreme given the strong history behind these types of hires.

It's very hard to stay on top even with proven successful coaches. It would have been interesting to see if Carroll and Harbaugh could have sustained the top ten seasons. My guess is no. As a Husky and Seahawk fan I'm glad they ended up where they did though.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    "We included a #1 SRS rating as winning a national championship."

ho-lee fuck
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,256
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Carroll could have because it's USC
  • Options
    Jave said:

SO tell me, how is that Peterson hire working out for ya? After all, Peterson>>>>>>Helfrich right?

On this, my personal opinions are:

1) If Petersen is a good talent evaluator, we should be seeing one of his handpicked QB's start (Hyphen man, or Brownie) Myley doesn't have it.

2). We should see improvement over last year despite our losses. If Petersen is a top tier coach, we should see this.

For UW, we should be able to tell quite a bit by the first fall game (QB situation). It shouldn't be hard for Petersen to select a QB that can play better than what we saw this year if he is halfway decent. Also, if Petersen is a good coach, instilling his culture and getting his players into the program/developed should outweigh the losses.

I can't tell how good Helfrich is yet. Next year should tell a lot more when they lose Mariota (slight regression? big regression? wheels fall off the bus? even better than this year!?)
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2015
    There's no reason to kiss this guy's ass. Harbaugh didn't have anything to sustain. He didn't even win the PAC 12. He ran off to the NFL like a punk motherfucker before he won anything of note. And now he's fled from the NFL before winning anything of note while turning his team into a stinking mess. Currently he's raiding his former school like a punk mother fucker. Hurting the Stanford program will hurt the PAC 12. Fuck him.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Canard said:

There's no reason to kiss this guy's ass. Harbaugh didn't have anything to sustain. He didn't even win the PAC 12. He ran off to the NFL like a punk motherfucker before he won anything of note. And now he's fled from the NFL before winning anything of note while turning his team into a stinking mess. Currently he's raiding his former school like a punk mother fucker. Hurting the Stanford program will hurt the PAC 12. Fuck him.

You're a dipshit.
    So are you.