Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Study Suggests Oregon is Doomed for a Downturn with Helfrich

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 2015
    I like how you retards are all serious and analytical about a retarded article written by a retard. Fuck, way to go full krisvashon on me boys.

So, as a reminder, nobody here should ever try and analyze shit involving the Canes without some help from the creep. At minimum I'd expect someone to say something like, "hey creepy, what do you think? does this analysis pass mustard?" Or something like that.

The analogy to Coker is stupid. I've already explained this.

The Nebraska shit is too old to be relevant. Different league, different circumstances, different everything. Back then, Osbourne had a one-game season to manage and then it was gearing up for the Orange Bowl.

End of analysis.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I would tend to side with creepy on this one. This is some desperate shit. Even if helfrich trails off into mediocrity, they win it all on the 12th, he was the correct hire.

He is oregon's best recruiter and his brand of Oregon ball is more physical than years past. The Zona choke jobs had me smirking, but I'm not going to judge anymore. He has that team playing fantastic football.

I think it took Pellum a bit to get adjusted as well, he was a complete dumpster fire and looked overwhelmed in the loss to AZ. Now he just raped Jameis.

• CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Canard said:

There's no reason to kiss this guy's ass. Harbaugh didn't have anything to sustain. He didn't even win the PAC 12. He ran off to the NFL like a punk motherfucker before he won anything of note. And now he's fled from the NFL before winning anything of note while turning his team into a stinking mess. Currently he's raiding his former school like a punk mother fucker. Hurting the Stanford program will hurt the PAC 12. Fuck him.

You're a dipshit.
    So are you.
    If you cannot see that both the UO, and especially the UW, fan bases wouldn't mind a neutered Stanford going forward, well, there's just no helping you.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oregon isn't going anywhere lower than a 10-11 win team, and when UW finally beats them it will be as pathetic and doogerific as 'The Pick', if not more.

That being said, if Oregon fan thinks they're just going to hand it to Freeman next year to coast through the league again, they are just as FS.
    haie said:

Oregon isn't going anywhere lower than a 10-11 win team, and when UW finally beats them it will be as pathetic and doogerific as 'The Pick', if not more.

That being said, if Oregon fan thinks they're just going to hand it to Freeman next year to coast through the league again, they are just as FS.

My thinking is that if we won the league with Masoli and Thomas for fuck's sake, we just need competence out of the QB to be highly competitive with the returning skill players we possess.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canard said:

haie said:

My thinking is that if we won the league with Masoli and Thomas for fuck's sake, we just need competence out of the QB to be highly competitive with the returning skill players we possess.
    I was trying to explain that to the coog the other day. Some people think its all Mariota. It isn't. He may be the best but its the system. Didn't Thomas go 12-0 (1)?
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Really who cares if there is a downturn if Helfrich wins a natty this year. Would we rip on Petersen if he went 7-6 the following year if he won a natty? This article was not timed well. Write this shit after the Arizona game, not right after plungering Jameis.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    UW sucked in 1985 and the rest of the decade after 1984 capped off a 4 major bowl in 7 year run
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam

UW sucked in 1985 and the rest of the decade after 1984 capped off a 4 major bowl in 7 year run

Which is just another Tuesday for oregon this era. I'm not talking shit until we get our program correct.

Canard said:

haie said:

I was trying to explain that to the coog the other day. Some people think its all Mariota. It isn't. He may be the best but its the system. Didn't Thomas go 12-0 (1)?
    There are surplus tee shirts in the Dominican Republic that say as much even today.
    Btw, my favorite part of this piece of doog analysis was the conclusion.
    The study argues that Helfrich could maintain Oregon’s elite status for two more seasons but suggests major regression thereafter. If Chris Petersen is who we think he is then he will have our huskies rebuilt and ready to contend right at the time when Helfrich and Oregon will begin their regression.
    That was especially poignant given that the only real metric that is holding firm here these days is that 100% of the doog predictions based upon the assumptions concerning who Peenerman is have been, how is it said? Oh yeah, totally fucking wrong.

Perhaps someone here should probe that mass delusion.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dtd said:

What is the "1s" in the National Championship column next to Harbaugh?

Stanford was #1 in SRS in 2010. Switzer was #1 in SRS the year after he won the NC so thats why his is a 2s. Butch Davis has 1s because Miami was #1 SRS in 2000.
    There is room for advanced statistics in sports.
    I like using them in baseball because you can use the large sample size to accurately determine how good the teams really were (going beyond pure wins, losses)
    But I don't hand out WS titles based on which team had the highest team WAR, and that is baseball, this is college fucking football where the teams play 4-5 good teams and a bunch of dreck each season.
    Saying Harbaugh won a NC because his team finished #1 in SRS is stupid
    If Stanford were the "true national champions" that year why were they plungered by Oregon?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dtd said:

Comparing Helfrich to Coker only invites comparisons between Peterman and Hawkins/Koetter. They're both fucking stupid, jealous, wishful thinking by rivals.

In both cases, LIFPO

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Canard said:

Canard said:

There's no reason to kiss this guy's ass. Harbaugh didn't have anything to sustain. He didn't even win the PAC 12. He ran off to the NFL like a punk motherfucker before he won anything of note. And now he's fled from the NFL before winning anything of note while turning his team into a stinking mess. Currently he's raiding his former school like a punk mother fucker. Hurting the Stanford program will hurt the PAC 12. Fuck him.

You're a dipshit.
    So are you.
    If you cannot see that both the UO, and especially the UW, fan bases wouldn't mind a neutered Stanford going forward, well, there's just no helping you.
    You're a dipshit. A good Stanford program is good for the PAC 12. Get your fucking ass over to the ACC if you want to play shitty teams all season long.
    edited January 2015
    Canard said:

This article does a great job of proving one thing. The minute anyone talks slightly negatively about Oregon, it's fans go into pissy little faggot tantrums.

Let's be honest, this site is an alternative to the humorless drivel on places like dawgman. A lot of what is posted here is self depreciating towards the team this site is named after and a lot is tongue-in-cheek. There are some duck fans here that contribute to such discussions and give the huskies a good natured ribbing as well. However, as AZDuck has demonstrated in this post, they get all serious and turn into 12-level pussy mouthbreathers the minute anything negative is slightly suggested about the Ducks.

Who has been having a tantrum in this thread? Looks like it is you.

Tell you what, the next time I am feeling uppity, I'll wear a condom with the appropriate ribbing for your pleasure and you can keep your tongue in your cheek for it, okay?

You really should be thinking about putting a diaphragm in your pussy with all the plungering you've be subjected to on this bored.
    edited January 2015

dtd said:

What is the "1s" in the National Championship column next to Harbaugh?

Stanford was #1 in SRS in 2010. Switzer was #1 in SRS the year after he won the NC so thats why his is a 2s. Butch Davis has 1s because Miami was #1 SRS in 2000.
    Harbog worshipers will do anything to prop this clown up. It's fucking hilarious how he's included in the same sentences as the USC shyster and Kelly. Which out of these 3 doesn't belong? HARBAUGH: 0 PAC 12 CHAMPIONSHIPS. 0 NCG APPEARANCES OR WINS.

Canard said:

Canard said:

You're a dipshit.
    So are you.
    You're a dipshit. A good Stanford program is good for the PAC 12. Get your fucking ass over to the ACC if you want to play shitty teams all season long.
    You're such a dumb ass. The North is a zero sum game. We only need TWO good programs within the division and one of them does not need be embarrassingly boring Stanford and their tens of fans. As much grief as I give those cocksuckers from Montlake, at least they have passion. Stanford isn't a gate draw, or a television draw, or anything else that matters since your "fraud" left.

It's far more important "for the conference" that at least one of the two LA programs quit fucking around with shitty coaches.

The CCG can't keep being a perennial north rapes south and stomps the corpse type game if it is going to keep mattering.

Canard said:

This article does a great job of proving one thing. The minute anyone talks slightly negatively about Oregon, it's fans go into pissy little faggot tantrums.

Let's be honest, this site is an alternative to the humorless drivel on places like dawgman. A lot of what is posted here is self depreciating towards the team this site is named after and a lot is tongue-in-cheek. There are some duck fans here that contribute to such discussions and give the huskies a good natured ribbing as well. However, as AZDuck has demonstrated in this post, they get all serious and turn into 12-level pussy mouthbreathers the minute anything negative is slightly suggested about the Ducks.

Who has been having a tantrum in this thread? Looks like it is you.

Tell you what, the next time I am feeling uppity, I'll wear a condom with the appropriate ribbing for your pleasure and you can keep your tongue in your cheek for it, okay?

You really should be thinking about putting a diaphragm in your pussy with all the plungering you've be subjected to on this bored.
    You need to quit being self-referential and then projecting your inadequacies outward.