Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If I hear one more husky fan say....

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,530
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

LOL @‌ Helms Poll

someone really needs to take that shit down

The points of view I can respect the most are either: "I wanna see good football, Oregon's fun to watch, so let's watch Oregon," or "Fuck all other Pac-12 teams."

Rooting against us because we're Oregon is pretty doogish.

Rooting for us because yay Pac-12 is the first step on the slippery slope to SECSECSEC

Have you ever looked into the 15 championships that Bama claims and gets credit for?

Why should we give up ours? 1960 and 84 are more legit than a third of Bama's

Win one and then pop off. How about you PUMP MY GAS DUCK!!!! in the meantime
  • Options
    CanardCanard Member Posts: 504
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    CaptainPJ said:

Canard said:

AZDuck said:

Passion said:

Only two Pac-10 teams have won a national title - Washington and usc. Why would we want that to change?

Gary Beban's 1959 UCLA squad is wondering what the fuck they are, chopped liver?
    The real fear in doogland is that if Oregon wins it all this year, we will have the first real football NC championship trophy ever. None of that voted upon horseshit from past will matter anymore, except as trivia and relic-type curiosities, which will increasingly be treated with as much reverence as a shriveled up hand of a saint or some shit that only a few blue haired ladies and robed homosexuals even care about anymore.
    Correct.

And everyone will be heralding the Ducks as the best team ever.

What fucking world do you live in??
    The new one of course, where declaring yourself a mythical crystal ball championship, or sharing one like it was a soccer participation ribbon, is viewed as even more ridiculous and Paleolithic than it used to be.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I always root for the Pac12 as long as they aren't playing #MyDawgs !!1

I know your just being ironic or perhaps parodying doogs.
  • Options

AZDuck said:

LOL @‌ Helms Poll

The points of view I can respect the most are either: "I wanna see good football, Oregon's fun to watch, so let's watch Oregon," or "Fuck all other Pac-12 teams."

Rooting for us because yay Pac-12 is the first step on the slippery slope to SECSECSEC

Have you ever looked into the 15 championships that Bama claims and gets credit for?

All of that dusty shit is going to get more and more delegitmated over time. Just watch. Over the next few decades, any pre-BCS MNC crowing is going to be increasingly laughed at when invoked by some crotchety asshat who thinks old media polls championships still matter.

As the local example, the Helms one UW claims was treated like a howler the moment it came about, even by parts of the UW fan base, because of how/when/why it became a deal at all.

As a national example, you invoke the highly questionable Alabama ones. Everyone else already disregards that shit as bammertard noise.

A disdain of meaningless media trophies older than dinosaur farts is the fate of all pre-BCS beauty pageant crystal.

Fans of college football from 1998 onward will increasingly see ancient media awards as the relics of a totally ignorant dark age.
  • Options

You guys can continue your pillow fight here for the next month, but my point is a won't be rooting for oregon, ever, no matter who they play under any circumstance. So fuck off. Now you can get back to your bitch slap fight.

That's a totally respectable position. However, rooting against Oregon over the next month is the path to beavdamnation.

Fourteen years ago I certainly wasn't a sudden Boilermakers fan. The correct position to take prior to the game is total indifference. Then, UW winning the RB wasn't a disappointment and had you lost it that would have still been funny to taunt UW fans with even today.

Getting invested in the outcome of your foe's game ahead of time? That's for estrogen packed suckers.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,821
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Canard said:

You guys can continue your pillow fight here for the next month, but my point is a won't be rooting for oregon, ever, no matter who they play under any circumstance. So fuck off. Now you can get back to your bitch slap fight.

That's a totally respectable position. However, rooting against Oregon over the next month is the path to beavdamnation.

Fourteen years ago I certainly wasn't a sudden Boilermakers fan. The correct position to take prior to the game is total indifference. Then, UW winning the RB wasn't a disappointment and had you lost it that would have still been funny to taunt UW fans with even today.

Getting invested in the outcome of your foe's game ahead of time? That's for estrogen packed suckers.

Something you can claim a lifetime of knowledge on.

QUACK!
  • Options
    Founders Club

If this line of reasoning make one a doog, then please call me the King of Fucking Doogs.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canard said:

AZDuck said:

LOL @‌ Helms Poll

All of that dusty shit is going to get more and more delegitmated over time. Just watch. Over the next few decades, any pre-BCS MNC crowing is going to be increasingly laughed at when invoked by some crotchety asshat who thinks old media polls championships still matter.

As the local example, the Helms one UW claims was treated like a howler the moment it came about, even by parts of the UW fan base, because of how/when/why it became a deal at all.

As a national example, you invoke the highly questionable Alabama ones. Everyone else already disregards that shit as bammertard noise.

A disdain of meaningless media trophies older than dinosaur farts is the fate of all pre-BCS beauty pageant crystal.

Fans of college football from 1998 onward will increasingly see ancient media awards as the relics of a totally ignorant dark age.
    Your insecurity is showing

Your friends at ESPN talk 15 every week. They'll call it 16 after Bama beats FSU
  • Options
    Founders Club

Canard said:

Canard said:

AZDuck said:

Passion said:

Only two Pac-10 teams have won a national title - Washington and usc. Why would we want that to change?

Gary Beban's 1959 UCLA squad is wondering what the fuck they are, chopped liver?
    The real fear in doogland is that if Oregon wins it all this year, we will have the first real football NC championship trophy ever. None of that voted upon horseshit from past will matter anymore, except as trivia and relic-type curiosities, which will increasingly be treated with as much reverence as a shriveled up hand of a saint or some shit that only a few blue haired ladies and robed homosexuals even care about anymore.
    Go undefeated, then pop off ya fucking retard
    I'd rather have an unshared title and a trophy decided on the field than one handed down by fucking coaches or sportswriters.

Or even funnier yet, one granted by the Declaration of Douchehelmet in the midst of Owen 12.

Appropriate thread, this belongs.

#youknowbetter
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canard said:

Sounds like you care.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    pawz said:

Canard said:

Canard said:

AZDuck said:

Passion said:

Go undefeated, then pop off ya fucking retard
    I'd rather have an unshared title and a trophy decided on the field than one handed down by fucking coaches or sportswriters.

Or even funnier yet, one granted by the Declaration of Douchehelmet in the midst of Owen 12.

Appropriate thread, this belongs.

#youknowbetter
    abundance
  • Options
    pawz said:

Canard said:

QUACK!
    Certainly, I have been participating on various doog forums since 1998. I have seen UW fans' devolution up close.

Back in the day, only a small subset of pussified dawgs, like Fleenor, even bothered themselves with what little ol' Oregon was or wasn't doing. The standard line was that we were beneath notice.

Over time, "beat oregon, nothing else matters" became the majority position. That's why I see doogs as more akin to bitter little beavis fans than they are to the legacy of the proud old dawgs of yesteryear.

A UW fan rooting against Oregon is a doog. One maintaining the time honored indifference as to what we do or don't is worthy of respect because he still has some fucking dignity.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited December 2014
    Canard said:

pawz said:

Canard said:

Fourteen years ago I certainly wasn't a sudden Boilermakers fan. The correct position to take prior to the game is total indifference. Then, UW winning the RB wasn't a disappointment and had you lost it that would
    Canard said:

pawz said:

Canard said:

QUACK!
    Certainly, I have been participating on various doog forums since 1998. I have seen UW fans' devolution up close.

Back in the day, only a small subset of pussified dawgs, like Fleenor, even bothered themselves with what little ol' Oregon was or wasn't doing. The standard line was that we were beneath notice.

Over time, "beat oregon, nothing else matters" became the majority position. That's why I see doogs as more akin to bitter little beavis fans than they are to the legacy of the proud old dawgs of yesteryear.

A UW fan rooting against Oregon is a doog. One maintaining the time honored indifference as to what we do or don't is worthy of respect because he still has some fucking dignity.

I was born and raised in Vancouver, WA. I've hated fucking Oregun and everything Oregun (except OSUs PMOTY) since before 1990. Long before the advent of modern college football.

This makes the rest of your diatribe, in a word, cute.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I voted for Cal to go to the Rose Bowl in 1948
  • Options

Football was invented in 1994. Championships were invented when Oregon wins one

Rinse
    lather
    repeat

Yeah because that's exactly what I was saying. Once again, simplified:

1) Pre-1998 MNCs are debased and next to worthless because there have been more claimants than football seasons played.

2) The Ducks haven't won shit yet, but if and when they claim one of the new trophies, it will have been a shit ton harder to come by than any pre-1998 crystal football.

3) No one down the road will be able to talk any shit about how a 2014 and forward NC wasn't earned, or should have been split, or was self-awarded.

4) Claiming past glories, especially when self-declared decades after a shitty regional poll has faded away, is instant self-parody in this more results oriented age.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,549
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canard said:

AZDuck said:

LOL @‌ Helms Poll

Your insecurity is showing

Your friends at ESPN talk 15 every week. They'll call it 16 after Bama beats FSU
    And 4 of the last 6....

Roll Tide!!!!!1!!!!
  • Options
    pawz said:

If this line of reasoning make one a doog, then please call me the King of Fucking Doogs.
    No one ever said that his position was doogish.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canard said:

Football was invented in 1994. Championships were invented when Oregon wins one

Rinse
    lather
    repeat

Yeah because that's exactly what I was saying. Once again, simplified:

1) Pre-1998 MNCs are debased and next to worthless because there have been more claimants than football seasons played.

2) The Ducks haven't won shit yet, but if and when they claim one of the new trophies, it will have been a shit ton harder to come by than any pre-1998 crystal football.

3) No one down the road will be able to talk any shit about how a 2014 and forward NC wasn't earned, or should have been split, or was self-awarded.

4) Claiming past glories, especially when self-declared decades after a shitty regional poll has faded away, is instant self-parody in this more results oriented age.
    tl, dr