Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If I hear one more husky fan say....

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Canard said:

You guys can continue your pillow fight here for the next month, but my point is a won't be rooting for oregon, ever, no matter who they play under any circumstance. So fuck off. Now you can get back to your bitch slap fight.

That's a totally respectable position. However, rooting against Oregon over the next month is the path to beavdamnation.

Fourteen years ago I certainly wasn't a sudden Boilermakers fan. The correct position to take prior to the game is total indifference. Then, UW winning the RB wasn't a disappointment and had you lost it that would have still been funny to taunt UW fans with even today.

Getting invested in the outcome of your foe's game ahead of time? That's for estrogen packed suckers.
    Sounds like you care.
    that's my line too fucko! can't wait until I get you on Aurora.
    no, it isn't. And the fact you don't know where it came from speaks volumes...
    two words: meat me on Aurora. you'll find out all about volume.
    That was more than two words
    Thanks.

You down voted me because I struggle with the mathematics?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canard said:

Canard is even more retarded than I thought. He takes pleasure in any UW loss, but says any UW fan that roots against Oregon is a doog. What do you consider yourself, Canard?

You have to explain how a doog becoming an instant Seminole fan leading up to the Rose Bowl is exactly the same thing as measured schadenfreude from a Dawg fan following a potential Seminole win against us. They are not the same thing.

I don't give a fuck all about "rooting" for oSu or against UW whenever/wherever the fuck the cactus bowl is.

It would be good for national perception of the conference that you don't step on your big dawg dick, or lawnmower dance, against a shitty BXII also ran, but,

If you do that, it will be great for a laugh at the expense of the Peenerman fluffers.

There's a difference in the two approaches.
    Dood. It's time to stop. The ubiquitous "you care" retort is becoming more and more apt with every new post in this thread.
    He really does care doesn't he. A lot
  • Options

Doogles said:

Oregon and Washington appear to be inversely related, but it doesn't have to be that way. I look at the Bama-Auburn rivalry, 100X more vitriol than whatever the fuck this is, and see both programs winning natties in consecutive years.

Oregon doesn't need to fall for the Dawgs to rise, we just need to fucking rise.

Where it gets muddled is the huskies have actually pumped the nation in the fancy feast, while the corkscrew ding a lings have yet to pop off (side note, sexual frustration and neglect are common seeds to rape activity).

Fuck Oregon, I won't root for them. But i'm not going to cry if they prove they are the best team in the land (easier said than done; see history). Washington just needs to GET BETTER, and I think we are.

I think both could succeed at high levels. I think for the inverse relationship to hold you have to see recruiting as zero-sum game between the two schools. The way Oregon recruits, and the way all Pac12 schools are starting to dip more into Texas Im not sure it as much as a zero-sum anymore. Even more the case given Stanford's Unique recruiting situation and the fact no one wants to go to college in Pullman or Corvallis. Plus Cal's finances are a Ponzi scheme, they're fucked. So I see Uw and UO being the top of north eventually.

I do think UWs prolonged mediocrity post-Don James due to fucktarded hires created a vacuum for Oregon to step up into. I'd say the same thing about Cal and UCLA in the 2000s. Cal fucked it up tho and now they suck again.
    that actually makes some sense. plus, with the 80% B student rule that Cal is purportedly going to implement to be in full effect by 2018 or so, they won't be pulling in the DeSean Jacksons and Marshawn Lynchs anymore, and that will kill them. There are only so many people in the gene pool who are athletically elite enough to be difference makers at a P12 program and who have their academic shit together. Of those, Stanford is getting their big cut, and then some will still head elsewhere just because there is a random factor. It's funny that they just built a $100 million facility and are about to kill themselves in the foot with academis standards.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    This thread has 143 posts but it's still a shorter read than one from Tequilla.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm rooting for oregon because Pac12, there will be an issue. Fuck. What the hell happened?

Sounds like weve accepted being oregons little brother. IMO of course.

Some of us* I should say
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A desire to see horrible things happen to others is the only reason I drop by on occasion.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

CaptainPJ said:

Damone Im in agreement with you for the 1st time in nearly 2 years. But Oregon might have to be the sacrificial lamb. The Pac12 has to pound the $EC or we will never get the respect we need vs that conference, ESPN, east coast college football fans...

If the playoffs stick with 4 teams, and the big12 gets a conference championship game which I expect they will, Washington will be the team to get left out in most scenarios. This conference needs a national identity. We desperately need a national champion. Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan, Penn St. LSU, Auburn, Florida, Miami, V Tech and Notre Dame wont be down long. Those teams Will be vying for that 4th playoff spot SOON.

The PAC needs respect and the only way to get it is by winning the playoff. I fucking hate Oregon. I want them to lose too Damoan, but I look it as the PAC 12 winning the title, NOT those goofy bastard fuckers down south.

You may just as well have walked into the Re Bar, pulled your pants down, wiped a handful of vaseline in your ass crack, bent over and yelled, "have at her boys!!!!"

talk about fucking asking for it.
    From *whom, you?
    Or from youm. Either way Captain. He was begging for it.
    Poont of clarification: was he begging for it, or does he CRAVE it?

Please to be explaining
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Canard is even more retarded than I thought. He takes pleasure in any UW loss, but says any UW fan that roots against Oregon is a doog. What do you consider yourself, Canard?

Unmmmmmm, a fucking faggot ass quook?
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I did not read this thread because it is 8 pages long.

I will just say that I like FSU less than I like Oregon, so I will be rooting for the Ducks.

I like Alabama less than I like tOSU, but I will re rooting for the Tide because I like them more than FSU and Oregon, and I think they have a better chance to win at Jerryworld than does tOSU.
  • Options
    CaptainPJ said:

CaptainPJ said:

Damone Im in agreement with you for the 1st time in nearly 2 years. But Oregon might have to be the sacrificial lamb. The Pac12 has to pound the $EC or we will never get the respect we need vs that conference, ESPN, east coast college football fans...

If the playoffs stick with 4 teams, and the big12 gets a conference championship game which I expect they will, Washington will be the team to get left out in most scenarios. This conference needs a national identity. We desperately need a national champion. Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan, Penn St. LSU, Auburn, Florida, Miami, V Tech and Notre Dame wont be down long. Those teams Will be vying for that 4th playoff spot SOON.

The PAC needs respect and the only way to get it is by winning the playoff. I fucking hate Oregon. I want them to lose too Damoan, but I look it as the PAC 12 winning the title, NOT those goofy bastard fuckers down south.

You may just as well have walked into the Re Bar, pulled your pants down, wiped a handful of vaseline in your ass crack, bent over and yelled, "have at her boys!!!!"

talk about fucking asking for it.
    From *whom, you?
    Or from youm. Either way Captain. He was begging for it.
    Poont of clarification: was he begging for it, or does he CRAVE it?

Please to be explaining
    begging in beginning, but then went to full on craving. which is a hole nuther level.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,835
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Canard said:

pawz said:

Canard said:

You guys can continue your pillow fight here for the next month, but my point is a won't be rooting for oregon, ever, no matter who they play under any circumstance. So fuck off. Now you can get back to your bitch slap fight.

That's a totally respectable position. However, rooting against Oregon over the next month is the path to beavdamnation.

Fourteen years ago I certainly wasn't a sudden Boilermakers fan. The correct position to take prior to the game is total indifference. Then, UW winning the RB wasn't a disappointment and had you lost it that would have still been funny to taunt UW fans with even today.

Getting invested in the outcome of your foe's game ahead of time? That's for estrogen packed suckers.

Something you can claim a lifetime of knowledge on.

QUACK!
    Certainly, I have been participating on various doog forums since 1998. I have seen UW fans' devolution up close.

Back in the day, only a small subset of pussified dawgs, like Fleenor, even bothered themselves with what little ol' Oregon was or wasn't doing. The standard line was that we were beneath notice.

Over time, "beat oregon, nothing else matters" became the majority position. That's why I see doogs as more akin to bitter little beavis fans than they are to the legacy of the proud old dawgs of yesteryear.

A UW fan rooting against Oregon is a doog. One maintaining the time honored indifference as to what we do or don't is worthy of respect because he still has some fucking dignity.
    Times change. When Oregon makes a couple of Foster Farms Bowels in a row and goes 15-11 in a two year span, UW fans will laugh, but won't feel as threatened and annoyed by Oregon. I didn't give a shit about Oregon in 1993. They were patsies just like Kal, WSU, and Oregon St. They had a few okay seasons with Must grave. It was a totally different mindset.
    Times have changed Billy. Oregon has gotten a lot more serious about football since the days of being a patsy. The money isn't going anywhere. The top notch facilities are already there. It would take a lot of losing for fan support to dwindle. If Helfrich sucks, they will hire a new coach.

If Michigan, Florida, and Texas can struggle, so can Oregon, but at this point it is wishful thinking. The cyclical nature of college football suggests they will have some lulls, but they aren't becoming Cal, WSU, or Oregon State ever again.
    They won't now or in the next couple of years, but when cash cow Phil dies or gets tired of subsidizing them, it's not far fetched. Will they have a bunch of 2-10 seasons? Probably not
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Canard said:

pawz said:

Canard said:

QUACK!
    Certainly, I have been participating on various doog forums since 1998. I have seen UW fans' devolution up close.

Back in the day, only a small subset of pussified dawgs, like Fleenor, even bothered themselves with what little ol' Oregon was or wasn't doing. The standard line was that we were beneath notice.

Over time, "beat oregon, nothing else matters" became the majority position. That's why I see doogs as more akin to bitter little beavis fans than they are to the legacy of the proud old dawgs of yesteryear.

A UW fan rooting against Oregon is a doog. One maintaining the time honored indifference as to what we do or don't is worthy of respect because he still has some fucking dignity.
    Times change. When Oregon makes a couple of Foster Farms Bowels in a row and goes 15-11 in a two year span, UW fans will laugh, but won't feel as threatened and annoyed by Oregon. I didn't give a shit about Oregon in 1993. They were patsies just like Kal, WSU, and Oregon St. They had a few okay seasons with Must grave. It was a totally different mindset.
    Times have changed Billy. Oregon has gotten a lot more serious about football since the days of being a patsy. The money isn't going anywhere. The top notch facilities are already there. It would take a lot of losing for fan support to dwindle. If Helfrich sucks, they will hire a new coach.

If Michigan, Florida, and Texas can struggle, so can Oregon, but at this point it is wishful thinking. The cyclical nature of college football suggests they will have some lulls, but they aren't becoming Cal, WSU, or Oregon State ever again.
    They won't now or in the next couple of years, but when cash cow Phil dies or gets tired of subsidizing them, it's not far fetched. Will they have a bunch of 2-10 seasons? Probably not
    when cash cow Phil dies, they are set to get a bigger windfall than ever.

they are half way through a $2 billion endowment campaign drive.

the money is already there. the facilities are already there. the recruiting is already happening. the wins have been happening. their impact on the college game has occurred.

of course every program cycles, but I'm not so sure what your post is supposed to be telling everyone. first, Phil is never going to "tire" of funding them. that's wishful thinking, I understand, but no reason that I can that he'll ever stop. second, when he dies, then what? all of that gets undone? Iron Laws? what?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Canard said:

pawz said:

Canard said:

QUACK!

when cash cow Phil dies, they are set to get a bigger windfall than ever.

they are half way through a $2 billion endowment campaign drive.

the money is already there. the facilities are already there. the recruiting is already happening. the wins have been happening. their impact on the college game has occurred.

of course every program cycles, but I'm not so sure what your post is supposed to be telling everyone. first, Phil is never going to "tire" of funding them. that's wishful thinking, I understand, but no reason that I can that he'll ever stop. second, when he dies, then what? all of that gets undone? Iron Laws? what?
    This. Oregon isn't going to become shit tier in the next decade. Maybe never. They will probably cycle a bit...but just from good (8-5) to great (12-1). UW needs to worry about itself...Oregon is what it is...we need to get better.