Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Guaranteed Basic Income

Comments

• GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    edited September 2017
    Mosster47 said:

Wait, conservatives love trickle down economics, but when the process is sped up they don't like it?

Sharing the wealth is bad?

One of our manpower audit teams just finished an audit on why it is so hard to fill positions. Essentially you have people with no skills and it doesn't matter how great of a work ethic they have or how quick of a learner they are because they will never get an interview.

Then you have people with skills and they use you as a resume bullet and a way to get a pay raise in five years.

There is currently a massive number of jobs in the US that stay unfilled because they require skills and the government and private industry isn't interested in sinking the cost of training into someone that is going to leave in five years.

GBI would get more people off the couch because it would make a shit job less shitty and it would afford skilled labor positions to be filled because the pay could be less and offset the sunk cost of training.

The economist John Kenneth Galbraith noted that "trickle-down economics" had been tried before in the United States in the 1890s under the name "horse and sparrow theory." He wrote,

"Mr. David Stockman has said that supply-side economics was merely a cover for the trickle-down approach to economic policy—what an older and less elegant generation called the horse-and-sparrow theory: 'If you feed the horse enough oats, some will pass through to the road for the sparrows.'"

They're sparrow minded people.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,904 Founders Club

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

I'd say what we have now is closer to communism as you never actually own your property due to taxes and levees. But with what we have now the wealth of the nation is funneled upward to make rich people richer.

The only good sentence you've poasted so far. Now DIE.
    Judging by your earlier post filled with low self esteem, you have just pretended to comprehend and are now highlighting the only thing you did understand.
    The only thing of value from this abortion of a thread.

Right-click > Save as
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Gwad said:

And people say Millennials are entitled. Can you believe it? It's such an unfair stereotype.

Ya Millenials were only raised by knuckle dragging baby boomers, i mean c'mon cut em some slack.
    And Millennials love to scapegoat and blame everyone else for their failings. Just like you did here. Classic. Perfection.
    J?
    #FryCookTuff
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,087 Standard Supporter
    Mosster47 said:

Wait, conservatives love trickle down economics, but when the process is sped up they don't like it?

One of our manpower audit teams just finished an audit on why it is so hard to fill positions. Essentially you have people with no skills and it doesn't matter how great of a work ethic they have or how quick of a learner they are because they will never get an interview.

Then you have people with skills and they use you as a resume bullet and a way to get a pay raise in five years.

There is currently a massive number of jobs in the US that stay unfilled because they require skills and the government and private industry isn't interested in sinking the cost of training into someone that is going to leave in five years.

GBI would get more people off the couch because it would make a shit job less shitty and it would afford skilled labor positions to be filled because the pay could be less and offset the sunk cost of training.

Maybe if college students took majors other than social justice BS we'd have workers instead of protesters.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Mosster47 said:

No, this is serious. It's a very real problem today.

I will use a real scenario; to be a Financial Manager for the government or private industry you need at least an undergrad in accounting or finance, but an MBA is preferred. You need to have FM Certifications, etc. and any amount of experience paid or unpaid is like gold.

How many businesses and agencies need these people? All of them. How many people have these qualifications? Not many. So, if or once you do receive all of this school/training and you have over five years experience any open FM job out there is yours. You can name your price and whoever bites finally has the vacancy filled.

The absolute reality is the job isn't all that hard to actually do, but it needs to be done, and it needs to be done correctly. You can't hire the housewife who went to college for journalism and hasn't worked in ten years because she has been home with the kids even though she seems really smart and has a great attitude.

With GBI agencies and companies could fill positions like those for a lower salary and would offset the cost of training that soccer mom who can absolutely do the job.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Private companies can hire whoever the fuck they want irregardless of bull shit requirements.

I hire smart people and teach them
    edited September 2017
    doogie said:

Christ. Now we got collegedoogs little sister reporting theory from Econ class.

I'm only here because i believe society is only as strong as its weakest links.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

I will use a real scenario; to be a Financial Manager for the government or private industry you need at least an undergrad in accounting or finance, but an MBA is preferred. You need to have FM Certifications, etc. and any amount of experience paid or unpaid is like gold.

How many businesses and agencies need these people? All of them. How many people have these qualifications? Not many. So, if or once you do receive all of this school/training and you have over five years experience any open FM job out there is yours. You can name your price and whoever bites finally has the vacancy filled.

The absolute reality is the job isn't all that hard to actually do, but it needs to be done, and it needs to be done correctly. You can't hire the housewife who went to college for journalism and hasn't worked in ten years because she has been home with the kids even though she seems really smart and has a great attitude.

With GBI agencies and companies could fill positions like those for a lower salary and would offset the cost of training that soccer mom who can absolutely do the job.
    I agree with much of what you're saying with regards to the dearth of skilled and qualified workers out there. But as Race pointed out, training is always required, it's just a matter of degree, which is a function of the skills and experience of the person hired and the complexity of the position they're hired into. Some of that is on the employer, some is, or should be on the employee, particularly if they are interested in investing in their own future.

Worker retention is an issue as well, but any sharp employer will rack and stack his employees, identify those he/she/heshe wants to keep for the long haul and use incentives to make it very difficult for them to leave. Natural pruning of the others isn't a bad thing, some turnover can actually be healthy as incoming folks, if carefully hired, can bring in fresh perspectives and competition that keeps your organization from becoming too stale or complacent. The key is keeping the turnover to an acceptable level and retaining those who are contributing the most to the success of your venture.

Where you go way off the reservation is in making the leap to UBI being the answer to these issues. It's not. At all.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    edited September 2017
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Do you ever read the bullshit that you post before, during or after post it?

Please to be linking all of these "Government Financial Manager" positions that can't be filled.

And don't bother to look for unfilled CFO positions in the private sector as by the time you do, they'll probably be filled.

Also where is all this money coming from for the government to subsidize the unqualified housewife to be a financial manager?

And finally, Why would any business want to hire the unqualified to manage their finances?

Because they can save $10K a year?

Sure, saving a relative drop in the bucket to have someone cost you hundreds of thousands because they don't know what they're doing makes a ton of sense.

Gwad said:

doogie said:

Biology Disagrees.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    Gwad said:

doogie said:

Society's weakest links? You've come to the right place.
    I almost got thrown out of my Spanish class at the UW by my Grad Student Teacher who espoused these kinds of ideas, such as ensuring everyone at the bottom was sufficiently fed, housed, cared for, etc., first, and then the professional and academic classes would rise from there, blah, blah. It was 1989, and she was citing Daniel Ortega and Nicaragua as the bright and shining future of Communism. When she dropped that I couldn't hold back on a "Oh, for Fuck Sake..." A quick Lo Siento, Señora saved my ass. And No, wood not hit. But my prior Spanish teacher that year? Ho Lee Shit! Hot as a pistol with the sexiest voice, damn.

Muchos Penes Duros en los Pantalones Atleticos!!

Gwad said:

doogie said:

Biology Disagrees.
    This seems like some abstract being purported as a matter of fact statement. This digression is fun and the front door to my wheelhouse, I could easily draw from Biology on how the human body is trillions of cells that work exactly on the concepts I'm defending.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    Darwin theory says society kills the weakest links to get stronger.

Survival of the fittest. Not some crypto religious bullshit about caring for the weak.
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

doogie said:

Biology Disagrees.
    This seems like some abstract being purported as a matter of fact statement. This digression is fun and the front door to my wheelhouse, I could easily draw from Biology on how the human body is trillions of cells that work exactly on the concepts I'm defending.
    Oh please. Let’s hear it. Knock yourself out.
    edited September 2017

Survival of the fittest. Not some crypto religious bullshit about caring for the weak.

Yes i assumed that was what he was getting at. I don't think stating it was warranted. I was trying to point out that both exist it is just a matter of perspective. The coming together of organisms to make more than the sum of their parts does not happen without the external pusher of survival, they compliment each other. We can choose to continue being poop slinging apes or begin to shed our feeble ideas of individuality and come together to become something larger than ourselves. I believe UBI is a step in the right direction.
    Gwad said:

Yes i assumed that was what he was getting at. I don't think stating it was warranted. I was trying to point out that both exist it is just a matter of perspective. The coming together of organisms to make more than the sum of their parts does not happen without the external pusher of survival, they compliment each other. We can choose to continue being poop slinging apes or begin to shed our feeble ideas of individuality and come together to become something larger than ourselves. I believe UBI is a step in the right direction.
    Seriously, which tent camp are you living in?

Gwad said:

Seriously, which tent camp are you living in?
    Lol I am a little further up the poverty line than that but not far :). It gives me time to think and the vulnerability keeps it real. I won't be here forever though as I know some of you only know subjugation. *wink*