Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Guaranteed Basic Income

Comments

• dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    doogie said:

Free income is fucked up theory pushed by academis

I took care of the typo for you.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    doogie said:

Free income is fucked up theory pushed by academics

Link to where this is taught anywhere. All I was taught in my econ classes was supply side economics.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Democratic National Convention.

Is you're Google broken? Did you think this bullshit just apprared?
    doogie said:

Democratic National Convention.

Is you're Google broken? Did you think this bullshit just apprared?

Lol what does the DNC have to do with academies?
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    I'm enjoying doogie waxing eloquent about the poor kids at the yacht club
    It's a shame you can't read. No wonder why you want free money
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,963

Jesus, some of you guys are just like a bunch of Middlebury students. Why don't you take some free time and actually read the Charles Murray paper posted earlier on universal basic income before trotting out the same tired cliches. Murray's conservative and libertarian chops are fucking legit people. It's all theoretical obviously at this point but he lays down some pretty solid arguments.

What's to read? Cut benefits to all the poor and old people (which is what he actually proposes...replacing every single govt assistance program including Medicare, SS, Medicaid, Disability, Earned Income Tax credit, Foodstamps, etc with $10k a year in money and $3k a year for medical) sounds great in theory, but you are FS if you think that will ever happen. And if you are trying to sell what he said as anything different you are just lying your ass off.

And as he says if you don't do that then all of the critics of a "basic income" will probably be underestimating how bad implementing it would be.

But carry on now with your pipe dreams...
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

Jesus, some of you guys are just like a bunch of Middlebury students. Why don't you take some free time and actually read the Charles Murray paper posted earlier on universal basic income before trotting out the same tired cliches. Murray's conservative and libertarian chops are fucking legit people. It's all theoretical obviously at this point but he lays down some pretty solid arguments.

What's to read? Cut benefits to all the poor and old people (which is what he actually proposes...replacing every single govt assistance program including Medicare, SS, Medicaid, Disability, Earned Income Tax credit, Foodstamps, etc with $10k a year in money and $3k a year for medical) sounds great in theory, but you are FS if you think that will ever happen. And if you are trying to sell what he said as anything different you are just lying your ass off.

And as he says if you don't do that then all of the critics of a "basic income" will probably be underestimating how bad implementing it would be.

Calm down Cletus. The best thing about libertarians is the creativity of their ideas. In an era where our last presidential election was trump-Clinton, any new ideas are welcome. Theoretically appealing but practically implausible? Yeah, probably. At least someone is trying to think of better solutions.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2017
    The idea has been around since the 60's. And it tanks when it's realized that we're theorizing about the impossible: That poor people can be smart and good with money. Kind of a self-explanatory oxymoron.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

The idea has been around since the 60's. And it tanks when it's realized that we're theorizing about the impossible: That poor people can be smart and good with money. Kind of a self-explanatory oxymoron.

125 years ago we didn't trust poor people (who were a much larger fraction of society) with the vote. Or anybody with a vagina for that matter.

Calm down Cletus. The best thing about libertarians is the creativity of their ideas. In an era where our last presidential election was trump-Clinton, any new ideas are welcome. Theoretically appealing but practically implausible? Yeah, probably. At least someone is trying to think of better solutions.
    As long as Somebody is Trying, that's all that matters.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,087 Standard Supporter
    The problem is that nothing is free or guaranteed in life. HTH
    I'm curious, why all the outrage over something that'll never happen? Like who is really calling for basic income that actually has any power to do so?
    Denial is strong with this one
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    This most makes me rwa
    AZDuck said:

125 years ago we didn't trust poor people (who were a much larger fraction of society) with the vote. Or anybody with a vagina for that matter.
    Still okay with those
    doogie said:

Denial is strong with this one

Things losers say when they know they've lost the argument.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,950
    doogie said:

Sorry, I took Econ not ekon. Share with us the beauty of monetization and dollar destruction so you and me are given free money by the government to spend on shit.

I like to come to a football message board that happens to have a sub forum for general chitchat and lecture the local degenerates on all of the economic theory I picked up from the three Econ classes I took at North Seattle community college. That's what I like to do.

Please - tell me all about your theories on going back to the gold standard. Or better yet, why don't you just go drown yourself in the bathtub.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,950
    dflea said:

doogie said:

Free income is fucked up theory pushed by academis

I took care of the typo for you.

Free income! Can I have some?
    Alternative Minimum Tax

The end.