Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Guaranteed Basic Income

Comments

• GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    Lol being wrong is part of creating novel ideas. I can guarantee though that you're keep it the way it is position is shit.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    Gwad said:

Lol being wrong is part of creating novel ideas. I can guarantee though that you're keep it the way it is position is shit.

In all seriousness, you're doing yourself no favors here, young'n.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

Gwad said:

In all seriousness, you're doing yourself no favors here, young'n.
    But He and his ilk have the internet, you know the place where all the fuel for higher level discussion lies.
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    Hey man i laughed my ass off at Buttfister Fuckface. I'm just trying to iterate to you that your position on UBI sucks really bad. Its all light hearted, but if i am banished from the land of poorly defined communism than so be it.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,972
    edited September 2017
    Minimum wage, basic income, etc...there is no benefit so long as the market is free to adjust prices to compensate. Essentially it does nothing good or bad.

If a price ceiling is implemented, it causes problems that aren't worth the benefit.

Politicians know all this, which is why minimum wage and basic income are discussed seriously, but nobody will fuck with prices.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    I'm still curious who is trying to change our economy to a communism and who is pushing for basic income.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,087 Standard Supporter

Gwad said:

“We should do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian Darwinian theory he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors and people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school and think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along and told them they had to earn a living.” - Buckminster Fuller

This guy's poop was probably smarter than the whole Hardcore Husky think tank.

Yeeup. But that also went over he heads of all but three guys in this bored, and sled never had a chance.
    I caught it but since it's total bullshit I threw it back!
    Gwad said:

communism: a political theory derived from Karl Marx, advocating class war and leading to a society in which all property is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs.

Universal Basic Income would be classless and personal possession of property would still exist. The 'this is communism' argument is just some dumb argument from broken baby boomers who took in too much war time propaganda when they were younger.

No such thing as classless regarding economic status. Never has been, never will be.

Classless Cuogs we've got.
    edited September 2017
    Gwad said:

Well TLDR; the notion that people should be living with more than they need, while others live with less than what they need is shit.

Well I don't need all these bullets. I'll share them with you and your comrades if it comes to that. Careful they're hot and fast!

Keep this shit up I'll poast a quad!
    edited September 2017
    Gwad said:

I'd say what we have now is closer to communism as you never actually own your property due to taxes and levees. But with what we have now the wealth of the nation is funneled upward to make rich people richer.

Sane people agree that our economic and political structure is gamed to benefit the rich. I'm all for fair taxing of the rich. I'm all for eliminating tax deductions for everyone as well. A flat, tiered tax is the way to go imo.

Your plan is however expensive and it would need absolute isolationism for it to work. For if you are going to take it to the rich, you are going to have to stop them from taking their ball and running to a more tax friendly country. The same with big corporations.

This plan doesn't mesh with the progressive ideal of globalism, at all. It would require Economic Nationalism to a degree that would make even Troomps blush.

Jesus, some of you guys are just like a bunch of Middlebury students. Why don't you take some free time and actually read the Charles Murray paper posted earlier on universal basic income before trotting out the same tired cliches. Murray's conservative and libertarian chops are fucking legit people. It's all theoretical obviously at this point but he lays down some pretty solid arguments.

Anything that originates from Middlebury will always be tldr around here.

Your pulling from a poisoned well.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

doogie said:

2 trillion in dollar monetization so far this year!

And food stamps are like $70 billion. Get some perspective.
    There are something like 250 million adults in the US. Assuming a "guaranteed income" of $20k/yr that's $5 trillion a year, and the govt already spend $1 trillion more than it takes in. You might want to get some perspective.

And hey...we should couple the "guaranteed income" with repeat immigration amnesties and liberal immigration policy...I bet that will make things better.

There is so much FS in this thread it is sad...
    In case you haven't noticed. I don't support guaranteed income and further, we already have a method of guaranteed income and the Republicans were the last ones to expand that. It's called the earned income credit.
    You'll have to forgive some of us as the free for all program seems right in your #wheelhouse.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Gwad said:

“We should do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian Darwinian theory he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors and people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school and think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along and told them they had to earn a living.” - Buckminster Fuller

This guy's poop was probably smarter than the whole Hardcore Husky think tank.

I don't care about your theories. I ordered two burgers and some fries.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2017
    2001400ex said:

I'm still curious who is trying to change our economy to a communism and who is pushing for basic income.

I'm just here for the gang bang.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Gwad said:

Well TLDR; the notion that people should be living with more than they need, while others live with less than what they need is shit.

Why not just give the excess shit to those without who want it?
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    doogie said:

Market forces? Top down government allocations are now market forces?

Good one.

Why is doogie so dumb so much?

AZDuck said:

The idea has been around since the 60's. And it tanks when it's realized that we're theorizing about the impossible: That poor people can be smart and good with money. Kind of a self-explanatory oxymoron.

125 years ago we didn't trust poor people (who were a much larger fraction of society) with the vote. Or anybody with a vagina for that matter.
    Greatest time to be alive, ever.
    Can't argue with that.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Okay, bored.

You know who massively expanded our very stripped down version of UBI?

Saint Ronald of Reagan.

It's called the "Earned Income Tax Credit."
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Okay, bored.

You know who massively expanded our very stripped down version of UBI?

Saint Ronald of Reagan.

It's called the "Earned Income Tax Credit."

It's true, Republican Presidents are responsible for the creation and much of the expansion of the EITC. It was enacted by President Ford under the Tax Reduction Act of 1975, and then expanded under Reagan, and subsequently others. That doesn't make it right nor does it mean it should exist. In fact if not for a massive expansion of the welfare state in the late 60's and early 70's, it would never have been realized, and it is not UBI. First, you have to work to "earn" it, and second, it's limited in value to be well below what most estimate UBI would/should be. On purpose. It is supposed to have a true incentive to work component to it, unlike UBI which is a completely fucktarded idea. UBI supporters try to conflate the idea of temporary assistance with some form of utopian "right" to a "basic livable income". Christ, this thread is riddled with full blown commie aids and exceptional fucktardedry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK-Dqj4fHmM
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Exactly. Those who don't work deserve money too
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    And people say Millennials are entitled. Can you believe it? It's such an unfair stereotype.