Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Josh Conerly, 2022 5* OL, Seattle (Rainier Beach), WA (Offered)

Comments

• hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    I am sick reading this. Recruiting is done until Lake is gone. Just awful.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,985
    https://247sports.com/Article/Michigan-Josh-Conerly-Jr-Jim-Harbaugh-official-visit-170855947/

Planning to go back to Ann Arbor for the tOSU game in November….

Jimmy better get a handle on this soon.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,156
    edited September 2021
    Yeah, not looking good. Turns out losing, and looking horrendous in the process, matters. If UW had started out 2 - 0 his recruitment would've been done. Instead it has literally been the worst case scenario. I think he's gone unless they hire this kid's dad or get him some big NIL money.

And, frankly, who could blame the kid? If it were my kid I'd be pushing him to leave the state right now, too.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    thechatch said:

https://247sports.com/Article/Michigan-Josh-Conerly-Jr-Jim-Harbaugh-official-visit-170855947/

Planning to go back to Ann Arbor for the tOSU game in November….

Jimmy better get a handle on this soon.

After being at the game and seeing the atmosphere, if I'm Conrely, I may not know where I'm going yet, but sure as hell know where I'm not going and that's staying in state.

And to think Saturday's night incredible Maize out experience in Michigan's fans eyes is the JV version of what it will be like when Ohio State comes to AA.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Yeah, not looking good. Turns out losing, and looking horrendous in the process, matters. If UW had started out 2 - 0 his recruitment would've been done. Instead it has literally been the worst case scenario. I think he's gone unless they hire this kid's dad or get him some big NIL money.

And, frankly, who could blame the kid? If it were my kid I'd be pushing him to leave the state right now, too.

Yeah, I would be strongly advising my son not to play for Huff and Lake.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,475 Founders Club

Tell us about your son @RoadDawg55, is he going to be playing anywhere after HS?

As for my son, he's committed to UW. He shut down his recruiting. He's not talking to other coaching staffs...despite the fact that they are reaching out. We'll be at the game this weekend and we're looking forward to it. Go DAWGS!!!

Thank you
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Any kid that is considering UW for football is a fucking moron
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,754 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Disagree

Donovan is getting canned. Jimmy will be door ass out too.

Beat the portal rush and come to UW for the next coach.
    You have confidence that replacements, hired by Jen, can sell that?

I don’t know that I have the confidence that Jen has pulled head out of ass and realizes what she needs to look for when hiring a HC… does that HC then know how to recruit and the importance of having coaches that can do both sides of their jobs.

It’s in plan site… can Jen see it. Will she do anything about it.

As my friend PGOS says, LIPO.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,985
    UW is a great school.

If my son had a chance to go to school there for free, I’d be all for it.

I just wouldn’t expect the current staff to compete with Oregon for conference championships.

I mean if they can’t compete with Montana or a down Michigan program, what is supposed to make me think they’ll do better against anyone else in the P12?

Lemme put it this way.

If you’re a top 500 talent with good grades, what on earth would compel you to choose UW over Stanford or UCLA? Because, forget about recruiting against Oregon or Ohio St….that’s already been proven out over the last 2 years under Jimmy.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2021

Tell us about your son @RoadDawg55, is he going to be playing anywhere after HS?

As for my son, he's committed to UW. He shut down his recruiting. He's not talking to other coaching staffs...despite the fact that they are reaching out. We'll be at the game this weekend and we're looking forward to it. Go DAWGS!!!

No, he won’t. It was a hypothetical situation. I’m glad you and your son are all in. I don’t like what I see and it is troublesome. The development has been poor. The OL all returned and looks horrible.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

No, he won’t. It was a hypothetical situation. I’m glad you and your son are all in. I don’t like what I see and it is troublesome. The development has been poor. The OL all returned and looks horrible.
    They look worse than horrible. It is like back to the days when we had Sark offensive lines, but worse
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Disagree

Worst case scenario coming to UW is you get a strong education

There will always be reasons to come to UW
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited September 2021
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Disagree

What does UW offer academically that Michigan doesn't? I guess they have a great nursing and pharmacist program in comparison. Most 4-5 star kids don't care. The few that do, you can sell the academic bullshit against Oregon, Wazzu, etc. But you aren't selling education against Michigan.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,708 Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Disagree

What does UW offer academically that Michigan doesn't? I guess they have a great nursing and pharmacist program in comparison. Most 4-5 star kids don't care. The few that do, you can sell the academic bullshit against Oregon, Wazzu, etc. But you aren't selling education against Michigan.
    Connections to businesses in WA and CA
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,754 Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Disagree

Connections to businesses in WA and CA
    81% of teenagers don’t GAF about this.

This isn’t petermans team of kids who viewed the udub offer as something special. Lil jimmy needs to go the route of the ducks and air mail offers left and right and see what sticks.

He’s so arrogant that he still thinks a Udub offer means something.