Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Josh Conerly, 2022 5* OL, Seattle (Rainier Beach), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Any kid that is considering UW for football is a fucking moron

Disagree

Donovan is getting canned. Jimmy will be door ass out too.

Beat the portal rush and come to UW for the next coach.
    Worst case scenario coming to UW is you get a strong education

There will always be reasons to come to UW
    What does UW offer academically that Michigan doesn't? I guess they have a great nursing and pharmacist program in comparison. Most 4-5 star kids don't care. The few that do, you can sell the academic bullshit against Oregon, Wazzu, etc. But you aren't selling education against Michigan.
    Connections to businesses in WA and CA
    And...? Like Dirty said, most kids could give two shits about this.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,313
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Disagree

What does UW offer academically that Michigan doesn't? I guess they have a great nursing and pharmacist program in comparison. Most 4-5 star kids don't care. The few that do, you can sell the academic bullshit against Oregon, Wazzu, etc. But you aren't selling education against Michigan.
    Thanks for your concern
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Disagree

Thanks for your concern
    Any time (faggy wink)
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,892
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So it begins,..fuck you steve Lorenz

Burn it down.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Steve Lorenz:

I have put in a 247Sports Crystal Ball for Michigan for 2022 five-star offensive lineman Josh Conerly Jr. after digging on his recruitment throughout the weekend and into Wednesday.

The Rainier Beach (WA) prospect was on campus for the second time in three months over the weekend and by all accounts the Wolverines crushed the visit in every aspect. Michigan is battling Washington, USC, Texas and some others in this recruitment.

Conerly Jr. does not have a concrete timeline at this point in his recruitment. He is ranked 20th in the country on the 247Sports Composite in the 2022 cycle, good for third in the country at the offensive tackle position.

Two things to add:

- Was told by an excellent source that a pre-visit prediction would have been premature. Michigan felt like they were trending up a bit going in, but this visit pushed things into Crystal Ball level.

- Will be interesting to see who the primary competition is. Still Washington? USC after they hire a new coach? I wonder if UCLA may sneak in also.
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I have a feeling that Oregon is going to be in the mix.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dOgmaster said:

I have a feeling that Oregon is going to be in the mix.

He wants to play LT and Banks is in place….not going anywhere, and recruiting TX talent to Oregon.

I’d be very surprised if Conerly and UO developed at all, even with Washington’s downturn.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    hardhat said:
    I have seen enough of Huff at this point. He can recruit (one of 2 maybe 3 on staff) but development is not there.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    godawgst said:

hardhat said:
    I have seen enough of Huff at this point. He can recruit (one of 2 maybe 3 on staff) but development is not there.
    I want to see Huff finish the year with a different OC. I think a lot of the OL struggles are attributable to Donovan. But I agree his seat should be hot.

Without dramatic improvement post Donovan I'm on bored with moving on.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

godawgst said:

hardhat said:
    I want to see Huff finish the year with a different OC. I think a lot of the OL struggles are attributable to Donovan. But I agree his seat should be hot.

Same excuse in petermans offense. I feel like two is a pattern… IMO

Just needs more Tim to get his guys in?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And another…
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

godawgst said:

hardhat said:

His struggles are attributable to Lake. Before that, when the struggles weren't nearly so severe, they were attributable to Petersen's offense just plain sucking.

Bottome line for me is that, while I think Huff has been at a big disadvantage his entire time at UW and it's worse than ever now, it's time for him to go too. Full house cleaning time.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

dnc said:

godawgst said:

hardhat said:

His struggles are attributable to Lake. Before that, when the struggles weren't nearly so severe, they were attributable to Petersen's offense just plain sucking.

Bottome line for me is that, while I think Huff has been at a big disadvantage his entire time at UW and it's worse than ever now, it's time for him to go too. Full house cleaning time.
    He’s also had five years and hasn’t had a single OL that was better in 2016. The 2016 OL might have been lacking depth and got punked by Alabama, but they were mauling everyone else.

That said, he might be okay and he has worked for shitty offenses that started from the top down. In any case, he still needs to go. It’s a perfect time too. We have a bunch of highly recruited OL and a good coach should be able to make it a top tier OL.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Future of Huff should be made by a new HC and new OC
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

godawgst said:

hardhat said:

He’s also had five years and hasn’t had a single OL that was better in 2016. The 2016 OL might have been lacking depth and got punked by Alabama, but they were mauling everyone else.

That said, he might be okay and he has worked for shitty offenses that started from the top down. In any case, he still needs to go. It’s a perfect time too. We have a bunch of highly recruited OL and a good coach should be able to make it a top tier OL.
    Strauser could not recruit, but he could fucking coach. Holly fuck, I am reminiscing about strauser
    If we could only combine Huffs recruiting with Straussers coaching