Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Josh Conerly, 2022 5* OL, Seattle (Rainier Beach), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Today’s paper?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    If the kid is at Rainier Beach my sources are going to be dialed in.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

What do you know about the other talent at Beach?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Basketball school.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I'll ask.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Basketball school.
    @BleachedAnusDawg when you select “not your best effort” it shows an anus with a thumbs down covering the avatars face. When you select vote up it shows an arrow going into the anus. It makes me chuckle. I’d prefer to see more arrows towards anuses so I will try to do less shit poasting if you promise to put more arrows into anusus.

Good talk.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,575
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2021
    Why would any 5 star kid sign with UW now with a ton of NIL money out there by signing with a top money generating school... Seriously. To turn this around we are going to need to see some UW kids driving Corvettes [with 24/7 on campus parking, not at the dump] and getting some attractive deals with the attendant publicity ~ and sooner rather than later. I'm not saying its a good thing or a bad thing, i just think that is what is happening.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Why would any 5 star kid sign with UW now with a ton of NIL money out there by signing with a top money generating school... Seriously. To turn this around we are going to need to see some UW kids driving Corvettes [with 24/7 on campus parking, not at the dump] and getting some attractive deals with the attendant publicity ~ and sooner rather than later. I'm not saying its a good thing or a bad thing, i just think that is what is happening.

Need a multi-multi-multi-multi millionaire to step up, preferably a billionaire. But none of the local people who fit that care enough except for maybe the Nordstrom and Paccar families?

In the meantime, I will look in my couch's moderately used cushions.
  • Options

An OL is unlikely to kill it in NIL anywhere.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021
    dnc said:

Oddly enough there was a time when they would do very well here

We liked our big uglies

Imagine the possibilities with someone named Lincoln Kennedy
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HFNY said:

Need a multi-multi-multi-multi millionaire to step up, preferably a billionaire. But none of the local people who fit that care enough except for maybe the Nordstrom and Paccar families?

The yet to play qb’s for osu and al would like to weigh in on this. The one that looks like the brother from stranger things just inked a deal with what I’ll accumulatively see in my ENTIRE lifetime.

He might be dreaming but he’s not wrong.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615

I think generally you're on the right track, but the naive, hopeful side of me still thinks there might be some guys who are willing to give up the short-term benefits of a car lease or free hamburgers for the longer-term benefits of player where their parents can come to the games, they can receive better coaching, they can win, and/or they can play with guys they know.

Why would you risk your future getting shitty coaching from a guy who will probably get fired while you're there just for a little up front money?
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HFNY said:

Mark Pigott does not care.
  • Options

dnc said:

Oddly enough there was a time when they would do very well here

We liked our big uglies

Imagine the possibilities with someone named Lincoln Kennedy
    Yeah i should say an incoming OL. Obviously an AA OL could make NIL money in the right place.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

I think generally you're on the right track, but the naive, hopeful side of me still thinks there might be some guys who are willing to give up the short-term benefits of a car lease or free hamburgers for the longer-term benefits of player where their parents can come to the games, they can receive better coaching, they can win, and/or they can play with guys they know.

Why would you risk your future getting shitty coaching from a guy who will probably get fired while you're there just for a little up front money?
    These are teenagers and you’re giving them the benefit of the doubt…Easy-E said it best “young, dumb, and full of cum.”
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615

RealRhino said:

These are teenagers and you’re giving them the benefit of the doubt…Easy-E said it best “young, dumb, and full of cum.”
    I think we're trying to sell to the ones whose parents would step in and tell them the real money is in the NFL, not in a Taco Time sponsorship for free burritos or even a duffel bag full of Nike gear.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,575
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The point is there are teams out there that play good football, are a good educational university and regularly put guys in the pros in at advanced rate that have a business community that will step up and pay highly ranked prospects a substantial sum to attend.

I realize this is breathlessly stating the obvious but this is now totally out in the public view, and is a new wide open landscape to recognize and deal with without insisting on romantic illusions
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,978
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bread said:

HFNY said:

Rolling up to the Michigan game in

Looking fly as hell

If our team doesn't roll up to the Michigan game swagged out in whatever designer clothes they want from Nordstrom in custom Purple and Gold Kenworth w900s I will be extremely disappointed.
    We might even flip that Texas kid. W900 > f250