Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Josh Conerly, 2022 5* OL, Seattle (Rainier Beach), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Like clockwork, of course, as soon as USC gets a three-star, there are stories popping up about five-star (or four-star depending on the rankings) offensive lineman Josh Conerly of Rainier Beach, Wash., considering the Trojans. Whether he is four-or-five stars, USC needs a guy like that, provided he is willing to play in an Air Raid offense.
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    My prediction based on absolutely nothing—> Oregon closes out the OL class with Conerly. Going to make for a great class.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2021
    Mario gets to the office at around 4am. Jimmy is on his boat heading to work while the sun is up. Who do you think this kid is going to pick? Jimmy is a smart guy, but he also seems a little lazy.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,826
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mario gets to the office at around 4am. Jimmy is on his boat heading to work while the sun is up. Who do you think this kid is going to pick? Jimmy is a smart guy, but he also seems a little lazy.

Fuck off greenblood. I don’t care if you have facts, still, just fuck off.

Anyone looked at whoregons crooting again this yr? How is their texass plan working better then our? Texass plan? I thought Pete outsmarted everyone and was getting a hidden gem a yr to really show those other pac-12 coaches whose boss.

Elite dudes from AL & TX… yikes.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Anyone looked at whoregons crooting again this yr? How is their texass plan working better then our? Texass plan? I thought Pete outsmarted everyone and was getting a hidden gem a yr to really show those other pac-12 coaches whose boss.

I think Jimmy is the better recruiter individually. But, as a head coach you become a manager of other recruiters. The best recruiter might be a horrible recruiting manager. That might be Jimmy’s issue.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

ISAFNRC
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

So you equate hard work with time being present

The whole “face time” concept is one of the dumbest things I know of
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021

I think Jimmy is the better recruiter individually. But, as a head coach you become a manager of other recruiters. The best recruiter might be a horrible recruiting manager. That might be Jimmy’s issue.
    I somewhat agree... but I also don't think he's spending his July swapping between an excell spreadsheet of the other coaches crooting schedule and the xs and os of the Montana game. For what he brings to the table he better be spending lots of time talking to them
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Canadawg said:

I somewhat agree... but I also don't think he's spending his July swapping between an excell spreadsheet of the other coaches crooting schedule and the xs and os of the Montana game. For what he brings to the table he better be spending lots of time talking to them
    He's responsible for EVERYTHING. He either needs to put someone in place who can handle the responsibility or handle it himself. Not getting it done is not an option.

In the short run he can probably step in and give more oversight to certain "problem areas" of the program but he can't do that forever. If whoever you have in place isn't getting it done then tough decisions need to be made...
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,546
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Hearing Oregon staff is pushing hard but feels as though Huskies lead solidly for Connerly right now. Kid is all Seattle, I guess. It would take a monumental fuckup on Jimmy’s part to lose him.

@sonics1993 may have more insight
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    With Lake track record nothing is certain.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @banasandblondes has really tightened things up with his Ecklund impersonations.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I am already preparing for this Eklund recruiting blog scenario:
    Early December-
    "Josh Connerly is obviously the biggest target and UW has led for awhile. That being said, I've heard that being recruited by the big name schools has opened his eyes a little bit and he is listening to what they have to say. I still like where Washington stands but the coaches will need to work a little overtime on him

Late December-
    "I still like UW for Josh Connerly but this is definitely going to be a battle until he signs. He loves the UW coaches and they are doing all they can to land him. I know a few crystal balls have come in to ___________ but I'm keeping mine with UW."

January-
    "I know that there was a report that UW is currently running 4th for Connerly but I have a source saying that isn't the case. UW does have some work to do though to land him but the coaches are doing all they can. Also, I know some of you are seeing the recent offer to Jimmy Bumfuck, the OT out of Enumclaw as a bad omen but I can assure you that has nothing to do with Connerly. Huff really likes Jimmy Bumfuck's upside and 247 should have a profile for him by the end of the week.

After signing-
    "UW got some great news this week with the last minute commitment of Jimmy Bumfuck from Enumclaw. They offered the starting JV right tackle and he jumped at the chance by picking UW over a partial academic scholarship offer to the University of Puget Sound. I know people are alarmed by his ranking and lack of offers but Covid really affected his ability to be seen by coaches and recruiting analysts. As expected, Josh Connerly signed with ___________. As we've said for a long time, he has been looking to leave the state and the coaches did all they could to make it hard for him but in the end, the bright lights won out. The good news is that Coach Huff really likes Jimmy Bumfuck at LT and actually sees him as having a higher upside than Connerly. In fact, UW backed off of Connerly a little once they got the commitment from Jimmy Bumfuck because they only had room to take 3 linemen in this class

This is excellent work.