Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taking the temperature of the room

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,050
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2022
    Sledog said:

thechatch said:

Then Talk me into believing this helps the GOP win in November. Because right now that’s what matters.

It keeps children from being torn limb from limb or some other horrific death. Isn't that enough?
    Mello is probably loony enough and would like to handle the forceps for the dismemberment. What an absolute fucking goon!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

Trump cares. Don't overplay your hand

If Massie has the balls to get in a fight and win I'll vote for him

Trump cares about signing 2.2 trillion in spending and shilling for big pharma. That we know

Massie has huge balls. Big enough to stand 420-1. The trump crowd wants no part of him. He doesn't hand out cash and goodies.
    Disagree and disagree.

It would take bigger balls to be the deciding, dissenting vote when yore* party's agenda is on the line. See: Manchin, Joe.

420-1 is pure tokenism.

IMO, you have the Trump crowd all wrong. All wrong.

If you believe Trump acted with the establishment or not, the perception by his most ardent supporters is he is the populist, antiestablishment candidate fighting against the establishment.

This is supported moreover by the fact the establishment HATES him. They hate him because he's an outsider in their world. He's not one of them who will toe the line. Thus, the establishment is the greatest ingrates of all-tim, or they know something you don't.

If you still want to believe he is in the big tent .....

Facts don't care about your feelings.

420-1 is standing up for what you believe in. Not going along to get along like jumping on $2./ trillion and shilling for big pharma. But trump is anti establishment. He has the emotional types convinced. TDS goes both ways.

The establishment loves trump. He greased their palms like they do. Defend his spending without sounding like a shill. You can't
    Wrong

Its not his spending anymore than it's Biden's

Basic civics are lost in this country

People do hate libertarians and do want to vote for representatives that spend lots of money

Agree there

Look at the deficit under St Reagan

Buying votes is as old as time

DeSantis is going to end social security and kill grandma

If Massie has balls then run and make the argument

Or keep playing small clubs and fuck off
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,859
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2022

pawz said:

Trump cares about signing 2.2 trillion in spending and shilling for big pharma. That we know

Massie has huge balls. Big enough to stand 420-1. The trump crowd wants no part of him. He doesn't hand out cash and goodies.
    Disagree and disagree.

It would take bigger balls to be the deciding, dissenting vote when yore* party's agenda is on the line. See: Manchin, Joe.

420-1 is pure tokenism.

If you believe Trump acted with the establishment or not, the perception by his most ardent supporters is he is the populist, antiestablishment candidate fighting against the establishment.

This is supported moreover by the fact the establishment HATES him. They hate him because he's an outsider in their world. He's not one of them who will toe the line. Thus, the establishment is the greatest ingrates of all-tim, or they know something you don't.

420-1 is standing up for what you believe in. Not going along to get along like jumping on $2./ trillion and shilling for big pharma. But trump is anti establishment. He has the emotional types convinced. TDS goes both ways.

The establishment loves trump. He greased their palms like they do. Defend his spending without sounding like a shill. You can't
    OK. A real Profile in Courage if I've ever seen one.

pawz said:

Disagree and disagree.

420-1 is pure tokenism.

One of, if not, my main critiques of Trump was that he wasn't a deep thinker. As such, he didn't think three, four, and five moves ahead regarding the people he kept around him. He talked a big game but ultimately took the easy way out to hire swamp creatures. Almost all of them turned on him in one way or another - policy or personally.

He's the boss. He hired them. It's on him.

Anti-war, anti-TTP, forcing hospitals to post their fees publicly, making (albeit small) inroads to bring down costs of medicine, anti-globalist, attacking fake news, China tariffs, saying the quiet parts out loud, etc etc etc ....

ALL are antithetical to Establishment mores.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Kaepsknee said:

The folks that say abortion isn’t a key player in the sharp drop of Republican candidates polling numbers, remind of the ones saying that covid payouts wouldn’t increase inflation.

It matters but what's the point if the GOP just goes me too with the democrats

It'd be like

A UNI PARTY
    The GOP could have simply hid in the basement until November 1 and ended up with both Houses.

Even after Roe v Wade and the Jan 6 shitshow.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We're now arguing over how much spending not whether there should be any

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Bob_C said:

I really just want to end the fed, end government overreach and end massive government corruption. The easiest for all three is cut off the money.

I hear ya. But Covid and the tumbling of the dominoes from there has made the Federal Government stronger than it has ever been, in the History of our Union.

And the Blue states did most of the dirty work to get there.

Dems are team players.

The RNC is a rudderless ship that either didn’t think to reach out to Bible Belt states and say “cool your jets on abortion laws until after the election”, or they were just so clueless to not think about it.

I’m taking the latter -250.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,312
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Trump warts and all >>DeSantis(unproven) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Establishment GOP

Sark>Ty

But that's all you ever get as the libertarian. Uw football indeed.

Libertarian party has no real chance imo. Better to take over the GOP as much as possible same as the commies have done with the Dems.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,393
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2022
    HHusky said:

Goduckies said:

HHusky said:

Goduckies said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:
    Watched his 2:45 clip speaking at Stanford. Good speaker. Good timing and funny.

Having said that, he tries to conflate two different things. Satire and humor always have an element of truth to them, and ideologues are definitely humorless. All good points. He could have left it there and made his protest.

By arguing that "the truth is not hate speech", he removes himself from the satirist's role and takes the position that he is a "truth teller", a newsman. The satirist can take aim at things, but when he takes himself too seriously, he becomes one of the humorless as well.

Only the left says things like this. Who are the ones that are upset when the light is shined on them? You're also conflating things. He's not daddy and he's not trying to censor you or prevent you from watching reruns of rachel maddow.
    If you assumed I was upset by his presentation, then you might need to check yourself. And I didn’t accuse him of anything but taking himself too seriously, and thereby losing a little of the high ground.
    I didn't assume that you were upset, you said it was good. I don't need to check myself. In a normal world, a 'christian satire site' would probably have a small audience. But the intolerant left have made themselves such easy targets that it's surprisingly popular. I don't know if he takes himself too seriously, I haven't met him.
    He does.

It's why the Babylon Bee is occasionally funny but isn't usually.
    Bee is great
    Well, you went to Oregon.

No offense intended, of course.
    Sorry it's not academicly prowessed enough for you.
    If you meant this to be as funny as it is, you could have done better than Oregon.

If not. Yikes!
    I went to Oregon because I wanted to go to a school that would win games if I wanted a school that would lose to Montana, I would have gone to UW...

I almost when to SC, but my Stanford grad dad wouldn't pay for tuition there as they were a major rival... he hated them and didn't want me playing in the USC marching band, so I went to the OMB instead. Best trip was partying with the Oregon cheerleaders in Hawaii! Them in Bikinis! Yum!
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,393
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

#MyMassie has huge balls but no desire for real power or the title. Story as old as libertarian time.
    Libertarians love the indie band no one has heard of. @HarveyRoad

I've seen his tweets

Big balls is running when you know you'll get the anal exam Trump got. It's the playbook now

Lizzy is attempting to keep congress blue with January 6 but still

And the fbi is scaring off candidates

If libertarians can’t put together a party after Covid and runaway fed caused inflation, they never will. Best we can hope for is that a few of the great positions become mainstream.
    Rand Paul was a covid hero. He's not his dad but he'd work

Libertarian positions are under assault.

If the GOP can't take congress and beat Biden then they can cry some more about Trump I guess

It's a fucking lay in. It's Montana

Oops
    I'd vote for Rand in a second for president
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

Disagree and disagree.

420-1 is pure tokenism.

Wrong

Its not his spending anymore than it's Biden's

Basic civics are lost in this country

People do hate libertarians and do want to vote for representatives that spend lots of money

Agree there

Look at the deficit under St Reagan

Buying votes is as old as time

DeSantis is going to end social security and kill grandma

If Massie has balls then run and make the argument

Or keep playing small clubs and fuck off
    2.2 trillion spending spree. Trump is part of the establishment.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The GOP establishment hated Reagan for harnessing the revival of the 70s into the landslide of the 80s

Never have been comfortable with the fundie wing
  • Options

The GOP establishment hated Reagan for harnessing the revival of the 70s into the landslide of the 80s

Never have been comfortable with the fundie wing

Folks wanted to burn Reagan at the stake up until about 1982. As it wasn’t until then, that the country started to turn around. And Boy Howdy, did it. Reagan had great advisors all around him. Guys that had connections and had been through all of the political wars and knew how to leverage their power.

And He needed every one of them, because after around mid 1985, the dementia was starting to win. But the Reagan Revolution marched on despite that.

Trump never expected to win in 2016. And therefore was behind the sticks and appointed anyone who would take the job.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    It’s the economy, stupid.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I believe Republicans blew it with the roe thing. Which is how you know they don't really want to win

It will end up a perfect deadlock just how everyone in Washington loves it
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I believe Republicans blew it with the roe thing. Which is how you know they don't really want to win

It will end up a perfect deadlock just how everyone in Washington loves it

Should they have publicly proclaimed that they reject the SC decision?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    They shouldnt have nominated those justices if they knew it would screw them over