Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taking the temperature of the room

BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,409
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
About a month ago I got skewered for claiming the SC decision to hand abortion back to the states would hurt the chances of Reps from taking over both halls of congress. The numbers have tightened up quite a bit over the last several weeks and I don't see the huge movement right in this upcoming election.

The timing of the SC decision could not have come at a worse time. The Reps did their usual fuck up by running easy candidates for rats to compete with and the press is doing their normal hatchet job on Republicans and complete and utter praise for that fucking idiot biden. All combined have had an impact.

This is going to be interesting but it is no longer going to be the landslide everyone has been predicting over the last year.

Curious on some others thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2022
    The GOP will control the House with ease. Maybe not pick up the volume of seats, but still. The Senate will be another story. GOP by 2.

Pocketbooks > Abortion rights.

The RAIDING of Trump, trumps abortion in the minds of independent voters. DIMS just as dumb as GOP there.
  • Options
    Tim Ryan can’t run away from Joey fast enough. Find me a DIM candidate that wants him next to them on the campaign trail?

There’s your ad if you’re a Republican. Explaining why this is the case can not be screwed up even if you’re a half-brain shitty candidate.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

About a month ago I got skewered for claiming the SC decision to hand abortion back to the states would hurt the chances of Reps from taking over both halls of congress. The numbers have tightened up quite a bit over the last several weeks and I don't see the huge movement right in this upcoming election.

The timing of the SC decision could not have come at a worse time. The Reps did their usual fuck up by running easy candidates for rats to compete with and the press is doing their normal hatchet job on Republicans and complete and utter praise for that fucking idiot biden. All combined have had an impact.

This is going to be interesting but it is no longer going to be the landslide everyone has been predicting over the last year.

What are the Republicans running on? They should be hammering crime, illegal immigration, and forcing their opponents to answer the question: "Can men get pregnant?" You can't beat something with nothing and I see a whole lot of nothing from the leadership of the GOP.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    46XiJCAB said:

Tim Ryan can’t run away from Joey fast enough. Find me a DIM candidate that wants him next to them on the campaign trail?

There’s your ad if you’re a Republican. Explaining why this is the case can not be screwed up even if you’re a half-brain shitty candidate.

Ryan is facing a competent candidate. Good Republican candidates will win, crap like Oz will lose.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,066
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    People are pissed and they are pissed at the commies. Some RINOS too. But America votes for their pocket book and their safety. Dim's are destroying both. The Trump raid shows how far left they have gone. Stand by. The chair is against the wall. John has a long moustache.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

Ryan is facing a competent candidate. Good Republican candidates will win, crap like Oz will lose.
    Agree that Oz is not fantastic by any stretch but his opponent can barely speak in complete sentences. Yes, he will have to overcome the corrupt media and vote counting in PA, but he has a chance to win that seat. It's sad that the GOP has to run near perfect candidates to be the likes of a Warnock but it is what it is.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,034
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    its going to come down to the economy, its always the economy.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,150
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bob_C said:

Kim Schrier and Patty are running ads disassociating themselves from Biden. Kim calling out how she “has taken on the Biden administration.” Patty’s campaign tagline is “getting back on track.” Both talking inflation and gas prices.

Never seen a climate this bad for democrats. Republicans can easily screw this up, but it won’t be because of abortion, it will be from not going after the economy enough.

You should look who’s in her district
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,394
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

My opinion still hasn't changed if they lose it is due to them being idiots or bad candidates not abortion... nobody has given that a thought for the last month.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

46XiJCAB said:

That was so Dumb by Trump to push him.... if the GOP loses that seat, it's another unforced error by him...
  • Options
    I think hershell wins Georgia, so it will be 51 49 GOP.... and GOP by 12 in house
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,150
    edited August 2022
    Goduckies said:

My opinion still hasn't changed if they lose it is due to them being idiots or bad candidates not abortion... nobody has given that a thought for the last month.
    Can it be all 3? Dr. Oz is certainly the first two. Is “Herschel” a good candidate?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,282
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Polls always tighten as elections near. Republicans just need to emphasize that the governor and state senators determine abortion protections.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,037
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

Goduckies said:

Can it be all 3? Dr. Oz is certainly the first two. Is “Herschel” a good candidate?
    Well, he never drove over his wife in a domestic dispute like his dem candidate, so Walker has that going for him. A question for mello, so who is a good dem candidate? Don't hurt yourself. Flail away. Except, mello is so stupid he would drown without flailing thinking the dementia patient was going to save him.
  • Options
    MelloDawg said:

Goduckies said:

He is an OK candidate... just a poor speaker... but in a normal world, would destroy Warnock
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,966
    MelloDawg said:

Bob_C said:

Kim Schrier and Patty are running ads disassociating themselves from Biden. Kim calling out how she “has taken on the Biden administration.” Patty’s campaign tagline is “getting back on track.” Both talking inflation and gas prices.

Never seen a climate this bad for democrats. Republicans can easily screw this up, but it won’t be because of abortion, it will be from not going after the economy enough.

All your downvoting faggot shill monkeypox buddies?

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,107
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

MelloDawg said:

Bob_C said:

All your downvoting faggot shill monkeypox buddies?

Lots of woksters in the northern part that goes into Issaquah/Sammamish. We care deeply about the gays here, but don't actually allow any of them to live here. Lots of mask and vaccine love too.