Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taking the temperature of the room

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Overturning Roe vs Wade was just stupid for a plethora of reasons.

Namely the poor being the people who have too many babies in the first place. Now they will have more.

Just stupid. As a conservative I get upset when politicians let religion dictate policy.

This only hurts the right in the long run and rightfully so.

Overturning Roe vs Wade was just stupid for a plethora of reasons.

Namely the poor being the people who have too many babies in the first place. Now they will have more.

Just stupid. As a conservative I get upset when politicians let religion dictate policy.

This only hurts the right in the long run and rightfully so.

I find it fascinating that people think abortion is a religious issue. Simp thinking. @creepycoug am I right?
    Cmon man. If we don’t t the religious peeps piping in than it’s not overturned. Even if overturning it technically isn’t a religious issue the process of getting it overturned is definitely spearheaded by the religious right.

My daughter lives in Texas and got raped. I’m going to be a grandpa now. Can’t wait.
    Do better than this. JFC.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The folks that say abortion isn’t a key player in the sharp drop of Republican candidates polling numbers, remind of the ones saying that covid payouts wouldn’t increase inflation.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,749
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

The folks that say abortion isn’t a key player in the sharp drop of Republican candidates polling numbers, remind of the ones saying that covid payouts wouldn’t increase inflation.

It matters but what's the point if the GOP just goes me too with the democrats

It'd be like

A UNI PARTY
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,606
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2022

Kaepsknee said:

It matters but what's the point if the GOP just goes me too with the democrats

It'd be like

A UNI PARTY
    The point for me is that abortion is not one of my hot button issues. Certainly not something I want to burn seats in Congress over…

- Taxes
    - Foreign policy
    - Economic growth
    - national security

That’s all I fucking care about. If I’m not getting those, then the rest of the shit doesn’t matter fuck all.

Would you trade those 4 for abortion? Shit no. And I happen to think the SCOTUS ruling is correct.

But I sure as shit didn’t want it happening in an election year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It is a hot button for a large portion of the base that you don't want staying home

I don't care but they do and the GOP promised this for decades

Make the correct argument or let the left frame it yet again

The GOP sucks. That's why they lose
  • Options
    Then Talk me into believing this helps the GOP win in November. Because right now that’s what matters.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

thechatch said:

Then Talk me into believing this helps the GOP win in November. Because right now that’s what matters.

Back at the start of one of these threads I said

The GOP won't hammer on issues like the border and the climate scam because they buy off on those being Trump issues

Nor do they aggressively attack Biden and congress

It gives the impression that they don't care that much

Husky football is the analogy
    Massie cares. Trump and Liz don't care.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Trump cares. Don't overplay your hand

If Massie has the balls to get in a fight and win I'll vote for him

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2022

Trump cares about signing 2.2 trillion in spending and shilling for big pharma. That we know

Massie has huge balls. Big enough to stand 420-1. The trump crowd wants no part of him. He doesn't hand out cash and goodies.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,102
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Trump cares about signing 2.2 trillion in spending and shilling for big pharma. That we know

Massie has huge balls. Big enough to stand 420-1. The trump crowd wants no part of him. He doesn't hand out cash and goodies.
    #MyMassie has huge balls but no desire for real power or the title. Story as old as libertarian time.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wrong gif
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

#MyMassie has huge balls but no desire for real power or the title. Story as old as libertarian time.
    Libertarians love the indie band no one has heard of. @HarveyRoad

I've seen his tweets

Big balls is running when you know you'll get the anal exam Trump got. It's the playbook now

Lizzy is attempting to keep congress blue with January 6 but still

And the fbi is scaring off candidates

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,860
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2022

Disagree and disagree.

It would take bigger balls to be the deciding, dissenting vote when yore* party's agenda is on the line. See: Manchin, Joe.

420-1 is pure tokenism.

IMO, you have the Trump crowd all wrong. All wrong.

If you believe Trump acted with the establishment or not, the perception by his most ardent supporters is he is the populist, antiestablishment candidate fighting against the establishment.

This is supported moreover by the fact the establishment HATES him. They hate him because he's an outsider in their world. He's not one of them who will toe the line. Thus, the establishment is the greatest ingrates of all-tim, or they know something you don't.

If you still want to believe he is in the big tent .....

Facts don't care about your feelings.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,057
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    thechatch said:

It keeps children from being torn limb from limb or some other horrific death. Isn't that enough?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

I've seen his tweets

Big balls is running when you know you'll get the anal exam Trump got. It's the playbook now

If libertarians can’t put together a party after Covid and runaway fed caused inflation, they never will. Best we can hope for is that a few of the great positions become mainstream.
    Rand Paul was a covid hero. He's not his dad but he'd work

Libertarian positions are under assault.

If the GOP can't take congress and beat Biden then they can cry some more about Trump I guess

It's a fucking lay in. It's Montana

Oops
  • Options

thechatch said:

Back at the start of one of these threads I said

The GOP won't hammer on issues like the border and the climate scam because they buy off on those being Trump issues

Nor do they aggressively attack Biden and congress

It gives the impression that they don't care that much

Husky football is the analogy
    I’ll buy that.

We should be hearing about the border and inflation and taxes and crime.

What I keep hearing about is how Trump is Hitler, so the dems are winning the information battle while MItch and Liz take swipes at their own constituencies
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

I've seen his tweets

If libertarians can’t put together a party after Covid and runaway fed caused inflation, they never will. Best we can hope for is that a few of the great positions become mainstream.
    People hate the libertarian platform. No $2.2 trillion giveaways and too much personal responsibility. A losing position in America
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2022
    pawz said:

Disagree and disagree.

It would take bigger balls to be the deciding, dissenting vote when yore* party's agenda is on the line. See: Manchin, Joe.

420-1 is pure tokenism.

IMO, you have the Trump crowd all wrong. All wrong.

If you believe Trump acted with the establishment or not, the perception by his most ardent supporters is he is the populist, antiestablishment candidate fighting against the establishment.

This is supported moreover by the fact the establishment HATES him. They hate him because he's an outsider in their world. He's not one of them who will toe the line. Thus, the establishment is the greatest ingrates of all-tim, or they know something you don't.

If you still want to believe he is in the big tent .....

Facts don't care about your feelings.

420-1 is standing up for what you believe in. Not going along to get along like jumping on $2./ trillion and shilling for big pharma. But trump is anti establishment. He has the emotional types convinced. TDS goes both ways.

The establishment loves trump. He greased their palms like they do. Defend his spending without sounding like a shill. You can't