Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taking the temperature of the room

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,741
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

HHusky said:

46XiJCAB said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Overturning Roe vs Wade was just stupid for a plethora of reasons.

Namely the poor being the people who have too many babies in the first place. Now they will have more.

Just stupid. As a conservative I get upset when politicians let religion dictate policy.

This only hurts the right in the long run and rightfully so.

As a conservative, I get upset when ostensibly educated people can't read and understand a 4,440 word document which explicitly has a right to free speech and the right to bear arms but doesn't have a right to an abortion.
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
    By people, they meant the states. You suck at this. The Constitution was a restriction on the federal government. You should read the 10th amendment. There was no right to an abortion in 1789. It wasn't a right "retained" by the people. It was a super constitutional right created by whole cloth by leftards. I don't see "emantations" and "penumbras" anywhere in the document.

Reproductive choice and personal decision making in connection therewith. Practiced by Americans in 1789 and for two-and-a-half centuries before any statutory restriction on abortion.
    Fuck off.
    pay Race his royalty.

#trademark
    I'm sure Race will agree, telling you to fuck off is Open Source.

Fuck off.

Everyone says so
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

Only the Dazzler would call murdering children reproductive choice.

He adheres to the narrative and talking points.

Like a good little Stooge.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

If they were already "children", you could remove them and take them and take them on vacation to Disneyland.

#FetusFetish
    Words games.

What a sick fuck you are.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    46XiJCAB said:

Sledog said:

So, abortion is murder for you too?
  • Options
    HHusky said:

46XiJCAB said:

Sledog said:

I don't do Y/N questions with a pathological liar.

So.

Fuck off.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB said:

HHusky said:

46XiJCAB said:

Sledog said:

So.

Fuck off.
    I didn't mean to frighten you.
  • Options
    hardhat said:
    Watched his 2:45 clip speaking at Stanford. Good speaker. Good timing and funny.

Having said that, he tries to conflate two different things. Satire and humor always have an element of truth to them, and ideologues are definitely humorless. All good points. He could have left it there and made his protest.

By arguing that "the truth is not hate speech", he removes himself from the satirist's role and takes the position that he is a "truth teller", a newsman. The satirist can take aim at things, but when he takes himself too seriously, he becomes one of the humorless as well.

• Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:
    Watched his 2:45 clip speaking at Stanford. Good speaker. Good timing and funny.

Having said that, he tries to conflate two different things. Satire and humor always have an element of truth to them, and ideologues are definitely humorless. All good points. He could have left it there and made his protest.

By arguing that "the truth is not hate speech", he removes himself from the satirist's role and takes the position that he is a "truth teller", a newsman. The satirist can take aim at things, but when he takes himself too seriously, he becomes one of the humorless as well.

Only the left says things like this. Who are the ones that are upset when the light is shined on them? You're also conflating things. He's not daddy and he's not trying to censor you or prevent you from watching reruns of rachel maddow.
  • Options
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Only the left says things like this. Who are the ones that are upset when the light is shined on them? You're also conflating things. He's not daddy and he's not trying to censor you or prevent you from watching reruns of rachel maddow.
    If you assumed I was upset by his presentation, then you might need to check yourself. And I didn’t accuse him of anything but taking himself too seriously, and thereby losing a little of the high ground.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,032
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Namely the poor being the people who have too many babies in the first place. Now they will have more.

Just stupid. As a conservative I get upset when politicians let religion dictate policy.

As a conservative, I get upset when ostensibly educated people can't read and understand a 4,440 word document which explicitly has a right to free speech and the right to bear arms but doesn't have a right to an abortion.
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
    By people, they meant the states. You suck at this. The Constitution was a restriction on the federal government. You should read the 10th amendment. There was no right to an abortion in 1789. It wasn't a right "retained" by the people. It was a super constitutional right created by whole cloth by leftards. I don't see "emantations" and "penumbras" anywhere in the document.

Reproductive choice and personal decision making in connection therewith. Practiced by Americans in 1789 and for two-and-a-half centuries before any statutory restriction on abortion.
    You live in a state where abortion is legal

and not mandatory

see the difference?
    No

If it's illegal it's not mandatory either

sadly, I think you're being honest here

refreshing, yet disappointing
    I'm right

There's no right to abortion
    It was in all the papers

Your usual trip into the weeds doesn't change that

All sorts of things are illegal.

Fuck off

If states agree with Prestonluv that abortion is good public policy nothing prohibits it

Defending democracy every day. That's me
    Like I said, the dazzler sucks at this. Booze and cocaine were legal in 1789. And then later it wasn't. The dazzler's Roe decision would read, "Abortion wasn't illegal in 1789 and so it is a right retained by the people and can't be limited." No one asserted that that the 36 states that had substantial restrictions on alcohol prior to the 18th Amendment were unconstitutionally restricting drinking alcohol. That's because the states retained the right to police their citizens. In 1789 even after the ratification of the Constitution and the First Amendment, the states had the right to establish a state church if they wanted. That's how far state rights went.
    Prohibiting reproductive choice is exactly like prohibiting people from doing cocaine (cocaine use being a YUGE issue for the US in 1789), of course.

#PoliceTheUterus

supposed libertarians are funny
    It's called limited federal government. Your "feelings" that abortion was a Constitutional right retained by the people, but that the first and second amendment can be severally restrained and that you get to pick and choose was rights were retained is just pure authoritarian fascism. The written word becomes meaningless and our rights are dependent on fascists like the dazzler.
    Very fascist to recognize unenumerated rights, of course.

I want it in writing. Your unenumerated rights are quite selective and your were happy when you have the leftard vote on the Supreme Court which just made sh*t up and the Constitution "grew" and "breathed". I'd say that taking more than half of what someone earns is a violation of due process, equal protection and their right to property. You would put your eye out with a spoon if the Court ruled that taking more than half of what someone makes is unconstitutional.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

and not mandatory

see the difference?
    No

I'm right

It was in all the papers

Fuck off

If states agree with Prestonluv that abortion is good public policy nothing prohibits it

Like I said, the dazzler sucks at this. Booze and cocaine were legal in 1789. And then later it wasn't. The dazzler's Roe decision would read, "Abortion wasn't illegal in 1789 and so it is a right retained by the people and can't be limited." No one asserted that that the 36 states that had substantial restrictions on alcohol prior to the 18th Amendment were unconstitutionally restricting drinking alcohol. That's because the states retained the right to police their citizens. In 1789 even after the ratification of the Constitution and the First Amendment, the states had the right to establish a state church if they wanted. That's how far state rights went.
    Prohibiting reproductive choice is exactly like prohibiting people from doing cocaine (cocaine use being a YUGE issue for the US in 1789), of course.

#PoliceTheUterus

It's called limited federal government. Your "feelings" that abortion was a Constitutional right retained by the people, but that the first and second amendment can be severally restrained and that you get to pick and choose was rights were retained is just pure authoritarian fascism. The written word becomes meaningless and our rights are dependent on fascists like the dazzler.

I want it in writing. Your unenumerated rights are quite selective and your were happy when you have the leftard vote on the Supreme Court which just made sh*t up and the Constitution "grew" and "breathed". I'd say that taking more than half of what someone earns is a violation of due process, equal protection and their right to property. You would put your eye out with a spoon if the Court ruled that taking more than half of what someone makes is unconstitutional.
    So, you somehow read an unexpressed limitation into the 16th Amendment while ignoring an expressed limitation contained in the 2d.

Yeah, you're not a hypocrite.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

46XiJCAB said:

HHusky said:

46XiJCAB said:

Sledog said:

So.

Fuck off.
    I didn't mean to frighten you.
    Pathological liars shouldn't be asking Y/N ?

You should know better by now.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

NOC
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,312
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Was that personal freedom you were advocating?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,312
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

and not mandatory

see the difference?
    No

I'm right

It was in all the papers

Fuck off

#PoliceTheUterus

So, you somehow read an unexpressed limitation into the 16th Amendment while ignoring an expressed limitation contained in the 2d.

Yeah, you're not a hypocrite.
    We've been over this and you were stomped into the mud. Shall we revisit?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    46XiJCAB said:

Mitch is going to leave Oz out to dry because he won't promise to wash his balls. Instead PA gets this loser and we get him for 6 years in the US Senate and Mitch is fine with that.

Uniparty today
    Uniparty tomorrow
    Uniparty FOREVER

It's a game folks. And we're the pawns.
    Yeah but if our team wins the House than everything will be different.

V.122.01.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

If you assumed I was upset by his presentation, then you might need to check yourself. And I didn’t accuse him of anything but taking himself too seriously, and thereby losing a little of the high ground.
    I didn't assume that you were upset, you said it was good. I don't need to check myself. In a normal world, a 'christian satire site' would probably have a small audience. But the intolerant left have made themselves such easy targets that it's surprisingly popular. I don't know if he takes himself too seriously, I haven't met him.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,961
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Dazzler likes chirping about reproductive ‘choice’ but fails to mention assumption of risk.

Allowing an unwrapped dick into a non contraception protected vag has the potential to produce a human.

Thats the ultimate pro choice option. Choose wisely.

Or understand there may not be a get out of jail free card in your locale.

If you can’t grasp the consequences of ones actions, perhaps try carrying some hashish through customs in Russia.

• Options

Dazzler likes chirping about reproductive ‘choice’ but fails to mention assumption of risk.

Allowing an unwrapped dick into a non contraception protected vag has the potential to produce a human.

Thats the ultimate pro choice option. Choose wisely.

Or understand there may not be a get out of jail free card in your locale.

If you can’t grasp the consequences of ones actions, perhaps try carrying some hashish through customs in Russia.

People are having sex and there need to be consequences!

A Puritanical take by PT. Interesting. Well . . . more interesting than usual, at least.