Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taking the temperature of the room

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,279
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:
    Watched his 2:45 clip speaking at Stanford. Good speaker. Good timing and funny.

Having said that, he tries to conflate two different things. Satire and humor always have an element of truth to them, and ideologues are definitely humorless. All good points. He could have left it there and made his protest.

By arguing that "the truth is not hate speech", he removes himself from the satirist's role and takes the position that he is a "truth teller", a newsman. The satirist can take aim at things, but when he takes himself too seriously, he becomes one of the humorless as well.

Only the left says things like this. Who are the ones that are upset when the light is shined on them? You're also conflating things. He's not daddy and he's not trying to censor you or prevent you from watching reruns of rachel maddow.
    If you assumed I was upset by his presentation, then you might need to check yourself. And I didn’t accuse him of anything but taking himself too seriously, and thereby losing a little of the high ground.
    I didn't assume that you were upset, you said it was good. I don't need to check myself. In a normal world, a 'christian satire site' would probably have a small audience. But the intolerant left have made themselves such easy targets that it's surprisingly popular. I don't know if he takes himself too seriously, I haven't met him.
    He does.

It's why the Babylon Bee is occasionally funny but isn't usually.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,753
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Somewhat back on subject has Chuckie Schumer complained about democrats candidates like the wife abuser in Georgia or does he attack the GOP candidates?

What the fuck is Mitch's problem?

Rhetorical
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:
    Watched his 2:45 clip speaking at Stanford. Good speaker. Good timing and funny.

Having said that, he tries to conflate two different things. Satire and humor always have an element of truth to them, and ideologues are definitely humorless. All good points. He could have left it there and made his protest.

By arguing that "the truth is not hate speech", he removes himself from the satirist's role and takes the position that he is a "truth teller", a newsman. The satirist can take aim at things, but when he takes himself too seriously, he becomes one of the humorless as well.

Only the left says things like this. Who are the ones that are upset when the light is shined on them? You're also conflating things. He's not daddy and he's not trying to censor you or prevent you from watching reruns of rachel maddow.
    If you assumed I was upset by his presentation, then you might need to check yourself. And I didn’t accuse him of anything but taking himself too seriously, and thereby losing a little of the high ground.
    I didn't assume that you were upset, you said it was good. I don't need to check myself. In a normal world, a 'christian satire site' would probably have a small audience. But the intolerant left have made themselves such easy targets that it's surprisingly popular. I don't know if he takes himself too seriously, I haven't met him.
    He does.

We realize it often hurts your snatch, madam.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Dazzler likes chirping about reproductive ‘choice’ but fails to mention assumption of risk.

Allowing an unwrapped dick into a non contraception protected vag has the potential to produce a human.

Thats the ultimate pro choice option. Choose wisely.

Or understand there may not be a get out of jail free card in your locale.

If you can’t grasp the consequences of ones actions, perhaps try carrying some hashish through customs in Russia.

People are having sex and there need to be consequences!

A Puritanical take by PT. Interesting. Well . . . more interesting than usual, at least.

There are consequences with every pregnancy Mr Puritan. Dumb fuck
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,964
    HHusky said:

Dazzler likes chirping about reproductive ‘choice’ but fails to mention assumption of risk.

Allowing an unwrapped dick into a non contraception protected vag has the potential to produce a human.

Thats the ultimate pro choice option. Choose wisely.

Or understand there may not be a get out of jail free card in your locale.

If you can’t grasp the consequences of ones actions, perhaps try carrying some hashish through customs in Russia.

People are having sex and there need to be consequences!

A Puritanical take by PT. Interesting. Well . . . more interesting than usual, at least.

Your reading comprehension is as bad as your legal analysis.

• Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

He does.

You just keep proving my point. Babylon Bee triggers the woke idiots and they big mad.
  • Options
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

He does.

You just keep proving my point. Babylon Bee triggers the woke idiots and they big mad.
    I'm sure some are triggered by it.

I just think it's rarely funny.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,394
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    46XiJCAB said:

Mitch is going to leave Oz out to dry because he won't promise to wash his balls. Instead PA gets this loser and we get him for 6 years in the US Senate and Mitch is fine with that.

Uniparty today
    Uniparty tomorrow
    Uniparty FOREVER

It's a game folks. And we're the pawns.
    Oz is a very poor candidate a Trump special
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Somewhat back on subject has Chuckie Schumer complained about democrats candidates like the wife abuser in Georgia or does he attack the GOP candidates?

Rhetorical

Rhetorical

Mitch wants Walker to lose more than Warnock does.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

He does.

Bee is great
  • Options
    Goduckies said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

He does.

Bee is great
    Well, you went to Oregon.

No offense intended, of course.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Overturning Roe vs Wade was just stupid for a plethora of reasons.

Namely the poor being the people who have too many babies in the first place. Now they will have more.

Just stupid. As a conservative I get upset when politicians let religion dictate policy.

This only hurts the right in the long run and rightfully so.

Namely the poor being the people who have too many babies in the first place. Now they will have more.

Just stupid. As a conservative I get upset when politicians let religion dictate policy.

I find it fascinating that people think abortion is a religious issue. Simp thinking. @creepycoug am I right?
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    HHusky said:

Goduckies said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

He does.

Bee is great

Sorry it's not academicly prowessed enough for you.
  • Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2022

I find it fascinating that people think abortion is a religious issue. Simp thinking. @creepycoug am I right?
    Cmon man. If we don’t t the religious peeps piping in than it’s not overturned. Even if overturning it technically isn’t a religious issue the process of getting it overturned is definitely spearheaded by the religious right.

My daughter lives in Texas and got raped. I’m going to be a grandpa now. Can’t wait.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Cmon man. If we don’t t the religious peeps piping in than it’s not overturned. Even if overturning it technically isn’t a religious issue the process of getting it overturned is definitely spearheaded by the religious right.

My daughter lives in Texas and got raped. I’m going to be a grandpa now. Can’t wait.
    So either you're full of shit or she wants the baby. She has/had many opportunities for an abortion in Texas and out.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,753
    Swaye's Wigwam

California will pay for her flight

Religious people vote. As is there right

It got overturned because it was made up to begin with

We have no right to privacy

Allegedly we have a right against unreasonable search and seizure unless law enforcement lies to the judge

Abortion was already legal in states before Roe

I get it that low info types think the religious right is a Cristo fascist threat. Democrats do messaging

Mike and I don't fall for it
  • Options
    Goduckies said:

HHusky said:

Goduckies said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

He does.

Bee is great

Sorry it's not academicly prowessed enough for you.
    If you meant this to be as funny as it is, you could have done better than Oregon.

If not. Yikes!