Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taking the temperature of the room

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,741
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

hardhat said:
    This lady is a doofus and that can be recognized within seconds.
    Even though she is a believer in what she does I still say she is hampered by not being a sociopath like Ginger Pasaki was

She stumbles over the lies way too much
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

Overturning Roe vs Wade was just stupid for a plethora of reasons.

Namely the poor being the people who have too many babies in the first place. Now they will have more.

Just stupid. As a conservative I get upset when politicians let religion dictate policy.

This only hurts the right in the long run and rightfully so.

I'm not religious at all and I still supported overturning Roe. Letting the states decide for themselves what abortion laws they want doesn't have anything to do with religion.
    The GOP is bad at this message. Real bad

California doesn't want Oklahoma to make their laws but wants to make Oklahoma laws

The left freaked out because they list the federal hammer and now it's state by state

If the Supreme Court kept the imaginary right it would be crickets
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,605
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Namely the poor being the people who have too many babies in the first place. Now they will have more.

Just stupid. As a conservative I get upset when politicians let religion dictate policy.

Don't need to be a religious person to have morals.

If people want to kill unborn babies as a form of birth control there will be plenty of states where it's legal.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2022
    MelloDawg said:

81 Million Votes. 26 Million more than 2016.

Explain that, Libs.

It’s been explained quite a few times, actually.

It would be pretty impressive for the GOP to screw up November and not take both houses.

What's impressive is for you to continue to pretend to be a 'centrist'.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,032
    Standard Supporter

As a conservative, I get upset when ostensibly educated people can't read and understand a 4,440 word document which explicitly has a right to free speech and the right to bear arms but doesn't have a right to an abortion.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

As a conservative, I get upset when ostensibly educated people can't read and understand a 4,440 word document which explicitly has a right to free speech and the right to bear arms but doesn't have a right to an abortion.
    Please try to pay attention. "It's a living breathing document."
  • Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Overturning Roe was RIGHT for a plethora of reasons.

Abortion is not a Constitutional right. It's not whether 1 poor mother terminates a pregnancy or 1,000,000 poor mothers terminate pregnancies. It's not about the pragmatic approach to poverty. It's about Constitutional law.

The SCOTUS assigned the task of determining legality and terms of abortion back to the states where it rightfully belongs. This helps the right in the long run - as without that determination, everything else they stand for can be overturned and mandated at the federal level.

You'll note the democratic controlled House and Senate haven't touched the third rail of abortion either - because they know misdefinition of the allowable term of abortion puts them in a corner. They lose their extreme leftists by putting limits on when abortion is allowable, they look like baby killers if they don't.

It’s a net negative for society. More poor people having babies only hurts the whole in the long run.

I’m not even focusing on women’s rights, I’m focusing on what’s best for society as a whole in our current climate.

Who do you think is taking care of these poor peoples babies? The taxpayers are bearing the financial burden. Society is paying the criminal burden.

Many of the parents who get abortions don’t deserve to have babies anyway and now many will have them. Put two and two together on that bad boy.

Lets force a poor drug addicted 19 year old in certain states to bring a baby into this world. Makes complete sense…..we can talk about the constitution or states rights all we want but it’s a net negative for society as a whole.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    HHusky said:

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
    Now do lockdowns, mask and vaccine mandates.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

By people, they meant the states. You suck at this. The Constitution was a restriction on the federal government. You should read the 10th amendment. There was no right to an abortion in 1789. It wasn't a right "retained" by the people. It was a super constitutional right created by whole cloth by leftards. I don't see "emantations" and "penumbras" anywhere in the document.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

Overturning Roe was RIGHT for a plethora of reasons.

Abortion is not a Constitutional right. It's not whether 1 poor mother terminates a pregnancy or 1,000,000 poor mothers terminate pregnancies. It's not about the pragmatic approach to poverty. It's about Constitutional law.

The SCOTUS assigned the task of determining legality and terms of abortion back to the states where it rightfully belongs. This helps the right in the long run - as without that determination, everything else they stand for can be overturned and mandated at the federal level.

You'll note the democratic controlled House and Senate haven't touched the third rail of abortion either - because they know misdefinition of the allowable term of abortion puts them in a corner. They lose their extreme leftists by putting limits on when abortion is allowable, they look like baby killers if they don't.

It’s a net negative for society. More poor people having babies only hurts the whole in the long run.

I’m not even focusing on women’s rights, I’m focusing on what’s best for society as a whole in our current climate.

Who do you think is taking care of these poor peoples babies? The taxpayers are bearing the financial burden. Society is paying the criminal burden.

Many of the parents who get abortions don’t deserve to have babies anyway and now many will have them. Put two and two together on that bad boy.

Lets force a poor drug addicted 19 year old in certain states to bring a baby into this world. Makes complete sense…..we can talk about the constitution or states rights all we want but it’s a net negative for society as a whole.
    Then vote to fix the "problem". We did in Washington, Oregon and California. You can fix the problem in the 9th month.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

By people, they meant the states. You suck at this. The Constitution was a restriction on the federal government. You should read the 10th amendment. There was no right to an abortion in 1789. It wasn't a right "retained" by the people. It was a super constitutional right created by whole cloth by leftards. I don't see "emantations" and "penumbras" anywhere in the document.

Reproductive choice and personal decision making in connection therewith. Practiced by Americans in 1789 and for two-and-a-half centuries before any statutory restriction on abortion.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Reproductive choice and personal decision making in connection therewith. Practiced by Americans in 1789 and for two-and-a-half centuries before any statutory restriction on abortion.
    Fuck off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

So what

Cocaine was legal

There is no right to abortion and certainly no right to privacy Adolf

People should be refused care and employment if they don't get a shot

Fuck off

You live in a state where abortion is legal

Enjoy