Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taking the temperature of the room

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    46XiJCAB said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Overturning Roe vs Wade was just stupid for a plethora of reasons.

Namely the poor being the people who have too many babies in the first place. Now they will have more.

Just stupid. As a conservative I get upset when politicians let religion dictate policy.

This only hurts the right in the long run and rightfully so.

As a conservative, I get upset when ostensibly educated people can't read and understand a 4,440 word document which explicitly has a right to free speech and the right to bear arms but doesn't have a right to an abortion.
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
    By people, they meant the states. You suck at this. The Constitution was a restriction on the federal government. You should read the 10th amendment. There was no right to an abortion in 1789. It wasn't a right "retained" by the people. It was a super constitutional right created by whole cloth by leftards. I don't see "emantations" and "penumbras" anywhere in the document.

Reproductive choice and personal decision making in connection therewith. Practiced by Americans in 1789 and for two-and-a-half centuries before any statutory restriction on abortion.
    Fuck off.
    pay Race his royalty.

#trademark
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Trump was trying to turn the board over but soft assed simpleminded cucks like Dazzler bought the propaganda and couldn't see the bigger picture. And still today this idiot comes here flapping his gums as if anything that comes out of his lying pie hole matters.

Dazzler, you voted for Biden, STFU and go sit in the corner.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Namely the poor being the people who have too many babies in the first place. Now they will have more.

Just stupid. As a conservative I get upset when politicians let religion dictate policy.

As a conservative, I get upset when ostensibly educated people can't read and understand a 4,440 word document which explicitly has a right to free speech and the right to bear arms but doesn't have a right to an abortion.
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
    By people, they meant the states. You suck at this. The Constitution was a restriction on the federal government. You should read the 10th amendment. There was no right to an abortion in 1789. It wasn't a right "retained" by the people. It was a super constitutional right created by whole cloth by leftards. I don't see "emantations" and "penumbras" anywhere in the document.

Reproductive choice and personal decision making in connection therewith. Practiced by Americans in 1789 and for two-and-a-half centuries before any statutory restriction on abortion.
    You live in a state where abortion is legal

and not mandatory

see the difference?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

and not mandatory

see the difference?
    No

If it's illegal it's not mandatory either

• Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

and not mandatory

see the difference?
    No

sadly, I think you're being honest here

refreshing, yet disappointing
  • Options
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Fuck off.
    HHusky said:

46XiJCAB said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Fuck off.
    pay Race his royalty.

#trademark
    Candy ass Biden voter.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Fuck off.
    HHusky said:

46XiJCAB said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Fuck off.
    pay Race his royalty.

#trademark
    Candy ass Biden voter.
    And the sewing circle's chief academic weighs in.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

46XiJCAB said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Fuck off.
    HHusky said:

46XiJCAB said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Fuck off.
    pay Race his royalty.

#trademark
    Candy ass Biden voter.
    Smart enough not to vote for Biden. And you?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    HHusky said:

46XiJCAB said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Fuck off.
    HHusky said:

46XiJCAB said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Fuck off.
    pay Race his royalty.

#trademark
    Candy ass Biden voter.
    Along with Biden & Hillary ball-washer @HHusky.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

and not mandatory

see the difference?
    No

I'm right

There's no right to abortion
    It was in all the papers

Your usual trip into the weeds doesn't change that

All sorts of things are illegal.

Fuck off

If states agree with Prestonluv that abortion is good public policy nothing prohibits it

Defending democracy every day. That's me
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,032
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

and not mandatory

see the difference?
    No

I'm right

It was in all the papers

Fuck off

If states agree with Prestonluv that abortion is good public policy nothing prohibits it

Like I said, the dazzler sucks at this. Booze and cocaine were legal in 1789. And then later it wasn't. The dazzler's Roe decision would read, "Abortion wasn't illegal in 1789 and so it is a right retained by the people and can't be limited." No one asserted that that the 36 states that had substantial restrictions on alcohol prior to the 18th Amendment were unconstitutionally restricting drinking alcohol. That's because the states retained the right to police their citizens. In 1789 even after the ratification of the Constitution and the First Amendment, the states had the right to establish a state church if they wanted. That's how far state rights went.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

and not mandatory

see the difference?
    No

I'm right

It was in all the papers

Fuck off

Like I said, the dazzler sucks at this. Booze and cocaine were legal in 1789. And then later it wasn't. The dazzler's Roe decision would read, "Abortion wasn't illegal in 1789 and so it is a right retained by the people and can't be limited." No one asserted that that the 36 states that had substantial restrictions on alcohol prior to the 18th Amendment were unconstitutionally restricting drinking alcohol. That's because the states retained the right to police their citizens. In 1789 even after the ratification of the Constitution and the First Amendment, the states had the right to establish a state church if they wanted. That's how far state rights went.
    Prohibiting reproductive choice is exactly like prohibiting people from doing cocaine (cocaine use being a YUGE issue for the US in 1789), of course.

#PoliceTheUterus

supposed libertarians are funny
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,050
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Only the Dazzler would call murdering children reproductive choice.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Overturning Roe was RIGHT for a plethora of reasons.

Abortion is not a Constitutional right. It's not whether 1 poor mother terminates a pregnancy or 1,000,000 poor mothers terminate pregnancies. It's not about the pragmatic approach to poverty. It's about Constitutional law.

The SCOTUS assigned the task of determining legality and terms of abortion back to the states where it rightfully belongs. This helps the right in the long run - as without that determination, everything else they stand for can be overturned and mandated at the federal level.

You'll note the democratic controlled House and Senate haven't touched the third rail of abortion either - because they know misdefinition of the allowable term of abortion puts them in a corner. They lose their extreme leftists by putting limits on when abortion is allowable, they look like baby killers if they don't.

It’s a net negative for society. More poor people having babies only hurts the whole in the long run.

I’m not even focusing on women’s rights, I’m focusing on what’s best for society as a whole in our current climate.

Who do you think is taking care of these poor peoples babies? The taxpayers are bearing the financial burden. Society is paying the criminal burden.

Many of the parents who get abortions don’t deserve to have babies anyway and now many will have them. Put two and two together on that bad boy.

Lets force a poor drug addicted 19 year old in certain states to bring a baby into this world. Makes complete sense…..we can talk about the constitution or states rights all we want but it’s a net negative for society as a whole.
    If only there was a cheap, safe and effective way to prevent pregnancy in the first place. Oh well, we can always dream.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Sledog said:

Only the Dazzler would call murdering children reproductive choice.

If they were already "children", you could remove them and take them and take them on vacation to Disneyland.

#FetusFetish
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

and not mandatory

see the difference?
    No

I'm right

It was in all the papers

Fuck off

Prohibiting reproductive choice is exactly like prohibiting people from doing cocaine (cocaine use being a YUGE issue for the US in 1789), of course.

#PoliceTheUterus

Oh so it has to be EXACTLY

Fuck off
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,032
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

and not mandatory

see the difference?
    No

I'm right

It was in all the papers

Fuck off

#PoliceTheUterus

It's called limited federal government. Your "feelings" that abortion was a Constitutional right retained by the people, but that the first and second amendment can be severally restrained and that you get to pick and choose was rights were retained is just pure authoritarian fascism. The written word becomes meaningless and our rights are dependent on fascists like the dazzler.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

and not mandatory

see the difference?
    No

I'm right

It was in all the papers

Fuck off

#PoliceTheUterus

It's called limited federal government. Your "feelings" that abortion was a Constitutional right retained by the people, but that the first and second amendment can be severally restrained and that you get to pick and choose was rights were retained is just pure authoritarian fascism. The written word becomes meaningless and our rights are dependent on fascists like the dazzler.
    Very fascist to recognize unenumerated rights, of course.

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,859
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

46XiJCAB said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Fuck off.
    pay Race his royalty.

#trademark
    I'm sure Race will agree, telling you to fuck off is Open Source.

Fuck off.