Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Offseason Natty Thread: Portals, Assistant Coaches, Leopard Jackets, etc.

Comments

• Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Alexis said:

Swaye said:

This thread is one big rollercoaster

On the record BTP's yearly prognostications are one of the best features about this bored. Sure, he's usually wrong, but who cares. He's right sometims, and even when he's wrong it's still fun.

In other news, how did we go from assembling one of the best staffs in the Pac-12 to shitsville so quick? FML. To be a Husky fan is to suffer.
    The only thing that keeps me going is hope. I know they've destroyed most of it over the last 3 decades, but I still wake up thinking that this may be the year. Right now, I can ask myself, are they better off as a staff than they were last year. Even if they fill the rest of the staff with guys from the IMA, I think the answer to that is yes. Do I have faith Jen can be in charge over a successful set of hires. Faith, no. But do I still have hope. Yeah. Why not. Doesn't cost me anything. (except the massive amounts my season tickets run each year) but I only have so many hobbies. I can only play so much golf. And the old cars I restore/collect/fuck up are going to be illegal in Washington soon enough when inlsee outlaws gas. Wife never wants to spend time with me. Most of my friends are dicks. And I am unemployable because my browser history. So, what the hell else do I have.

(Picture Richard Gere in an Officer and a Gentleman) I got nowhere else to go!
    TMFMS

Much better GIF game than I. TYFYS
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,750
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

This thread is one big rollercoaster

On the record BTP's yearly prognostications are one of the best features about this bored. Sure, he's usually wrong, but who cares. He's right sometims, and even when he's wrong it's still fun.

In other news, how did we go from assembling one of the best staffs in the Pac-12 to shitsville so quick? FML. To be a Husky fan is to suffer.
    We've hired 2 coaches. LIPO but it will probably suck because UW
    Oh yeah, I recognize we still could hit a home run, but it's UW, where dreams go to die, so betting on the fail seems like the best use of my limited fundz.
    UW is in Seattle.

And Seattle is where losers go to lose.

I know. Because I am one. For following UW Football.
    Is this a haiku?
    Not without Janet Reno.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

This kid's arm talent is crazy. Please get him
    I'm sure he'd end up being a big disappointment at Montlake and we would hate him 2 games into the season.

Or, maybe he's really good which means he'll go elsewhere.

I'm not cynical or anything.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I actually made this one myself

Shane screamed with pride
    Nice work, Race!
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I'm hearing lots of chatter about the Ryan Grubb connection. Apparently Cameron Ward's high school coach was an assistant along with Grubb where they both coached at Kingsley-Pearson HS back in Iowa. Grubb was the primary recruiter for Ward when he was at Fresno, but ultimately decided they were full and Ward only received a walk-on offer. But the two remained in touch nonetheless.

Well the kid blew up at Incarnate Word and has always wanted to play at the FBS level. So it's still too early to make any firm calls, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a woof in the next week or so.

EWIWBI
  • Options

Here we go again
    He's going to coug
  • Options

I'm hearing lots of chatter about the Ryan Grubb connection. Apparently Cameron Ward's high school coach was an assistant along with Grubb where they both coached at Kingsley-Pearson HS back in Iowa. Grubb was the primary recruiter for Ward when he was at Fresno, but ultimately decided they were full and Ward only received a walk-on offer. But the two remained in touch nonetheless.

Well the kid blew up at Incarnate Word and has always wanted to play at the FBS level. So it's still too early to make any firm calls, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a woof in the next week or so.

EWIWBI
    This has to be generational troll
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TheHB said:

I actually made this one myself

Shane screamed with pride
    Nice work, Race!
    That’s what Shane said!
  • Options
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

Here we go again
    He's going to coug
    He'll go to Oregon. Cook it!
  • Options

Here we go again
    He's going to coug
    He'll go to Oregon. Cook it!
    His HC is the now the Coug OC. I just hope greenriver isn't trolling. I saw Vorel retweeted it and Ruth followed him.