Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jackson Sirmon

Comments

• Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Call him out then, “Mod”.

Otherwise, fuck off!

The stupid shit that emanates from his mouth daily . . . I must say his drunk poasting does add comedic value to the site . . .
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    trublue said:

Ironic that Jackson Sirmon’s father, Peter Sirmon, was Cal’s DC in this game.

Peter Sirmon was a very good LB during the resurgence of Oregon football during the late 90’s . . . Unrecruited by UW out of Walla Walla, WA.

Went on to have a decent career (7 years) in the NFL, all with the Tennessee Titans.

Looks like Huskies recruited the wrong Sirmon . . .

So the apple sometimes falls very far from the tree.
  • Options
    edited September 2021

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

chuck said:

Sancho said:

TYFYS. A GIF would be really fun too, as we can't see him hesitate here allowing the back to cruise right by, but the series of stills pretty much covers it.

The more I seen this the more I wonder why this guy is even on the team. So bad. He doesn't deserve the neck roll
    He had the freakin sideline! At least KamFab didn't have that advantage on the play against Michigan. That was a way faster back too. Way more difficult play that he still needs to make.
    YES! At minimum he should have been able to make the ball carrier step out of bounds. He didn't even need to push him that hard. Maybe he hit a patch of black ice or something? How do you even face your teammates after that?

He fucks up repeatedly because his technique sucks.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

Call him out then, “Mod”.

Otherwise, fuck off!

The stupid shit that emanates from his mouth daily . . . I must say his drunk poasting does add comedic value to the site . . .

I gotta admit it. Seeing a poster get away with saying fuck off to a mod who has Fetters in his name made me smile a little.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,006

trublue said:

trublue said:

Ironic that Jackson Sirmon’s father, Peter Sirmon, was Cal’s DC in this game.

Peter Sirmon was a very good LB during the resurgence of Oregon football during the late 90’s . . . Unrecruited by UW out of Walla Walla, WA.

Went on to have a decent career (7 years) in the NFL, all with the Tennessee Titans.

Looks like Huskies recruited the wrong Sirmon . . .

I just love it when you bring such insightful history lessons that no one here ever heard. I’m shocked to learn his dad played PB at Oregon and with the Titans.

Did anyone else know this?
    “ . . . insightful history lessons” (bullshit) like Haie brings to Duck Refuge repeatedly about shit he wasn’t even alive to experience.

Fuck off, Mod!
    Don’t justify your stupidity by bringing up another stupid poaster.
    Well, fuck. I'm out.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    Standard Supporter

Sirmon sucks. Time for Danny Hammer or Bruener.

But he practices really hard and has a great attitude
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    edited September 2021
    Hope this doesn’t muck up this thread because it’s “historical bullshit”:

Total Tackles thru Week 4:
    Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW
    Ranked 6th in the PAC-12 Conference

CFetters: When you see me post, how about ignoring it or simply downvoting it? Frankly, I don’t give a flying fuck about your critique. You’re a moderator.

• Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    We need LB’s with feces in their throats
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

CFetters: When you see me post, how about ignoring it or simply downvoting it? Frankly, I don’t give a flying fuck about your critique. You’re a moderator.

You really don't get this place.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

You really don't get this place.
    A Friday sacrifice is long overdue.

I may be willing to pay off @trublue's Wam membership if he's tossed off the board.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

BBK and Psalm had great numbers too.

Unfortunately they don't keep LB stats on how many YPC they allow versus should allow, if they were any good.

Opposing RB YAC stats on BBK and Psalm were off the charts, also, as they piggybacked on RBs running by and over them for 8 YPC.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    Founders Club

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

If you don't care, why are mentioning it? Besides, you're not getting the point about the historical bullshit comment. 81% of your poasts are terrible.
    81% is low.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2021
    dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

Unfortunately they don't keep LB stats on how many YPC they allow versus should allow, if they were any good.

Opposing RB YAC stats on BBK and Psalm were off the charts, also, as they piggybacked on RBs running by and over them for 8 YPC.
    BBK was very good, GTFO with this tired narrative.
    He was great his senior year
  • Options
    dnc said:

trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

BBK was very good, GTFO with this tired narrative.
    He spent two years overrunning the point of contact because he was fast, but not strong enough. When he could, he jumped on RBs backs a lot and got carried for several yards. He accumulated a lot of tackles, but gave up a lot of yards in critical situations.

He became more disciplined over time, gained a few pounds and strength, and became more effective at pressuring the QB and collapsing the pocket in his final year. His angles got better as did his technique as he focused more on interrupting the backfield than hooking the QB for an arm tackle sack as he flew by. He was never an LB that blew up plays or that teams ran away from. He was fast and athletic but nothing "very good" until his last year.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    trublue said:

Jackson Sirmon - 30
    No. 1 for UW

30 tackles? If he made even half that he missed he would have around 300 tackles