Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jackson Sirmon

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Can we stop arguing over how good or bad BBK was and get back to discussing how dum @trublue is?

So dumb he doesn’t even deserve the correct spelling of the word.

Gladly. Just had to dispense with the sensitive woketivists first.

Odd how expressing a negative opinion about a player generates so much worry and bruises so many egos.

Perhaps some youngsters on these boreds are too invested in this mediocre program to see reality.
    You’re a weirdo with this woke shit. I’m not consumed by it like you. Most here aren’t.

He was good. I watched him play many games. This board, myself included has no problem saying a player sucks.
    Fuck your hypersensitivity. It is patently woke and a hallmark of your generation.

Thank you for ostensibly speaking for "this board" Mr. Group-Think.

You couldn't have done a better job of proving my point.
    Geez, we get it. You’re on the Alex Jones supplement plan. Nobody cares.
    Or I simply know what good linebacker play looks like, but carry on.

Soft fanbase = soft program.
    You think BBK sucked, so that's not it.
    That's not at all what I wrote. Be better than that.
    You comped him to Jackson Sirmon.

Your move.
    BBK's play in his final year was a pleasant surprise, given his prior 2 years. The parallel hope is the possibility that Sirmon could similarly improve. At this point, the odds don't look good, but it's still early.

The point was never that BBK was shitty or great, but that he grew and improved in the program, becoming a much better player. Whether similar possibilities exist for Sirmon will probably be revealed over the next 3 games.

That's it and that's all. And if I'm stepping on BBK fanboy toes by saying that, so be it.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Can we stop arguing over how good or bad BBK was and get back to discussing how dum @trublue is?

Odd how expressing a negative opinion about a player generates so much worry and bruises so many egos.

Perhaps some youngsters on these boreds are too invested in this mediocre program to see reality.
    You’re a weirdo with this woke shit. I’m not consumed by it like you. Most here aren’t.

He was good. I watched him play many games. This board, myself included has no problem saying a player sucks.
    Fuck your hypersensitivity. It is patently woke and a hallmark of your generation.

Your move.
    BBK's play in his final year was a pleasant surprise, given his prior 2 years. The parallel hope is the possibility that Sirmon could similarly improve. At this point, the odds don't look good, but it's still early.

The point was never that BBK was shitty or great, but that he grew and improved in the program, becoming a much better player. Whether similar possibilities exist for Sirmon will probably be revealed over the next 3 games.

That's it and that's all. And if I'm stepping on BBK fanboy toes by saying that, so be it.
    I hated fucking BBK, but his senior year was great and I greatly missed him the following year
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Your move.

Nah that wasn't your point at all. If it was you wouldn't have gotten any of the shit you've rightfully gotten and @trublue would still be * it * in this thread.

Here's how BBK was brought into this topic. By you.

"BBK and Psalm had great numbers too.

Unfortunately they don't keep LB stats on how many YPC they allow versus should allow, if they were any good.

Opposing RB YAC stats on BBK and Psalm were off the charts, also, as they piggybacked on RBs running by and over them for 8 YPC."

Try again.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Your move.

Nah that wasn't your point at all. If it was you wouldn't have gotten any of the shit you've rightfully gotten and @trublue would still be * it * in this thread.

Here's how BBK was brought into this topic. By you.

"BBK and Psalm had great numbers too.

Unfortunately they don't keep LB stats on how many YPC they allow versus should allow, if they were any good.

Opposing RB YAC stats on BBK and Psalm were off the charts, also, as they piggybacked on RBs running by and over them for 8 YPC."

Try again.
    All true. I'll stand by it. Print it.

You do realize this comment was in response to somebody hailing how good Sirmon was because of his tackling numbers, right?

If I was wrong about anything, it was probably crediting Psalm with good tackling numbers, cause he got beat a lot.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    chuck said:

We can at least agree that they have nothing in common, BBK and Sirmon that is, and that bringing BBK into a discussion about Sirmon really makes no sense.

The have playing LB in common, and it makes sense that if other players could drastically improve their play within the system, then maybe the coaches can fix some of what's currently wrong with Sirmon and he could contribute to the D in a meaningful way.

No two players are the same, and that's not the point. The point was, if BBK could improve dramatically with a series of minor adjustments - on top of his existing natural talents of speed, quickness and aggressiveness - then there could be hope for Sirmon, too.

From a coaching standpoint, fixing and eliminating mistakes is the low hanging fruit, typically the easiest thing to fix, such as positioning, awareness, and patience. You can't do much about speed, but better angles can compensate for that. Succinctly put, Sirmon is a Project. Is he worth the investment? We'll need some more games to see.

There was a point in BBK's career where I thought he'd never quite get where he needed to be, because he seemed to be giving 110%, but still barely missing tackles and QB sacks, while getting carried by RBs past the first down marker, over and over. It was a maddening experience of "close, but no cigar" watching him play. But, a series of minor adjustments added up to a much improved player his final year and he started finishing plays he'd barely missed finishing in his prior two years.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,006

chuck said:

We can at least agree that they have nothing in common, BBK and Sirmon that is, and that bringing BBK into a discussion about Sirmon really makes no sense.

The have playing LB in common, and it makes sense that if other players could drastically improve their play within the system, then maybe the coaches can fix some of what's currently wrong with Sirmon and he could contribute to the D in a meaningful way.

No two players are the same, and that's not the point. The point was, if BBK could improve dramatically with a series of minor adjustments - on top of his existing natural talents of speed, quickness and aggressiveness - then there could be hope for Sirmon, too.

From a coaching standpoint, fixing and eliminating mistakes is the low hanging fruit, typically the easiest thing to fix, such as positioning, awareness, and patience. You can't do much about speed, but better angles can compensate for that. Succinctly put, Sirmon is a Project. Is he worth the investment? We'll need some more games to see.

There was a point in BBK's career where I thought he'd never quite get where he needed to be, because he seemed to be giving 110%, but still barely missing tackles and QB sacks, while getting carried by RBs past the first down marker, over and over. It was a maddening experience of "close, but no cigar" watching him play. But, a series of minor adjustments added up to a much improved player his final year and he started finishing plays he'd barely missed finishing in his prior two years.
    I had to check my calendar to see if today was (friday) the 13th because this fuckermother is relentless. tuRdbomerSTOp.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021
    That opportunity passed Sirmon by if it ever existed. He is slow and stiff. He tackles ok in many situations, but barely gets a hand on guys one on one in the open field because anyone carrying the ball has a huge athletic advantage over him and he has failed to learn how to break down and use leverage after all this time at UW.

Long story short is that you're being ridiculous in implying that Sirmon has any chance of reaching BBK level at this stage of his career. He really never had a chance. Athletic ability doesn't come out of thin air. He doesn't have it and he isn't getting it at his age.
  • Options
    chuck said:

That opportunity passed Sirmon by if it ever existed. He is slow and stiff. He tackles ok in many situations, but barely gets a hand on guys one on one in the open field because anyone carrying the ball has a huge athletic advantage over him and he has failed to learn how to break down and use leverage after all this time at UW.

Long story short is that you're being ridiculous in implying that Sirmon has any chance of reaching BBK level at this stage of his career. He really never had a chance. Athletic ability doesn't come out of thin air. He doesn't have it and he isn't getting it at his age.

Clearly not implying that. Come on Chuck.

Hoping he can get better, since we're stuck with him for many more games.

Never said nor implied he'd reach the level BBK did in his last year. Speed alone DQs that possibility.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

If everything is woke nothing is woke.

You (mis)use the term like PGOS throws around doog.

Stop trying so damn hard.
    Stfu Doog
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    His dad is a DC in the conference and Jackson hasn’t entered the portal

Not even his dad wants him
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

If everything is woke nothing is woke.

You (mis)use the term like PGOS throws around doog.

Stop trying so damn hard.
    Stfu Doog
    Woke AF
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

His dad is a DC in the conference and Jackson hasn’t entered the portal

Not even his dad wants him

Lol
  • Options
    EwaDawg said:

chuck said:

I had to check my calendar to see if today was (friday) the 13th because this fuckermother is relentless. tuRdbomerSTOp.

"Quit Humping My Leg?" or "Free Pub?"
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,414
    Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

I really hope this is some cringe attempt at a zoomer trying to make out of touch boomers look bad.

This bored has no problem with booing the kids and calling them retarded pussies.

I can call you a chromsome collecting cunty little fag without anyone getting upset, this board isn't "woke" (whatever the fuck that means) and @DerekJohnson has done an incredible job at allowing free speech to flow here, maybe you're ideas are just retarded and your delivery lacks creativity.
    Just saw this, thank you for the kind words.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options

Houhusky said:

I really hope this is some cringe attempt at a zoomer trying to make out of touch boomers look bad.

This bored has no problem with booing the kids and calling them retarded pussies.

I can call you a chromsome collecting cunty little fag without anyone getting upset, this board isn't "woke" (whatever the fuck that means) and @DerekJohnson has done an incredible job at allowing free speech to flow here, maybe you're ideas are just retarded and your delivery lacks creativity.
    Just saw this, thank you for the kind words.
    Kind lol
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,489

How does the worst take of all time have 14 upvotes?
  • Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2022
    Never difficult to ascertain which coaches pretended to treat Griswold like he wasn't a total dipshit.

"Thanks Peter Sirmon and Bob Gregory"

Ken also is the guy who maintained UW shouldn't be criticized for dropping Evan Weaver.

This while Sirmon and Brandon Wellington were getting used and abused at LB.