Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Delta Lost $12 billion in 2020

123457»

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

doogie said:

Fuck yes cash in your 401-k have you been reading the headlines???

Funny - Saturday afternoon, Mrs. Throbber v2.0 and I were out for a drive and saw a billboard with the jackpot amount. "Hey, we should drop $10...we're gonna be rich!"

Got to the store and the line was out the door.

"Fuck it - don't want to wait. Not worth it".

There's a strangely 21st century American ethos tale in there somewhere.....

My wife's grandparents gave me a card with a hundred dollar bill in it for Christmas. Like being a little kid again. I wasn't expecting it and therefore felt like blowing it, so I used $20 of it to pay back my son for something I owed him for and dropped the other $80 on Powerball tickets. I was all excited until my investment netted me--no shit--negative $80.

Worth it.
    I plan giving my progeny a bill for a million dollars when they reach adulthood for all the diapers and ballet lessons and whatever other bullshit I have to pay for. It will be like student loans for them, only better. Because I get the money.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

I’m not anti vax seatbelts myself but the blind faith in seatbelts and airbags and science message is propaganda. People have had seriously adverse and sometimes long term effects from vaccines been killed by seatbelts and airbags.

My anti-vaxxing coworker explained why he never wears a seatbelt using the above argument. At least he's consistent in his dipshittery. It reminds me of the argument against self-driving vehicles: "But they'll crash!" Yeah, they'll crash. That's not important. What's important is that they crash at a lower rate than humans, and this is already the case.

The question with the vaccine is does it harm/kill people at a greater rate and severity than the virus itself. I don't see how it could have passed clinical trials if it did. If it passed in spite of "acceptable losses," then the obvious strategy would be to give the vaccine to elderly and high-risk population and let the young and fit have a COVID party until natural immunities are built up.

Which is pretty much what's happening anyway, hence the "bad reactions" numbers being scary. At this point, the vast majority of vaccines worldwide have been administered to elderly and at-risk. The same people who have much, much higher death rates from the virus as well. I'm betting that the people who attribute the death of a 90 year old woman to the vaccine she took a week earlier are the same people who were shitting on the COVID death numbers because actual cause of death was pneumonia or old age or heart attack, etc. It's the same thing.

Liberal rag Bloomberg sums it up pretty well here. Sounds like the same kind of reactions very few people have to just about any vaccine, and all of these new vaccines passed the same clinical trials process that any other vaccine we give our kids did, they were just put through those paces on an accelerated timeline, with less hemming and hawing between trials.
    I agree with most everything you're saying here, and I'm very pro vax in general. I do think it makes sense to be a bit skeptical about this one since it is a. so new and b. was developed in a fairly short period of time.

I think it's probably going to be fine. I'm also very comfortable letting other people be the guinea pigs while I observe.
    I don't think the time frame argument is valid. This vaccine was developed without the obstacles most vaccines face in their development, and the tools used are so much more advanced than they were for previous vaccines. It doesn't take as long to do anything as it used to - why should a vaccine be any different - and let's not forget how motivated the world was to develop this vaccine.

I think the peace of mind I'll get from taking the vax will outweigh the concerns I have about it, so I'm doin' it as soon as some fucker says I can. I'll let you guysm know if a third arm starts growing out of my forehead or if my hair falls out or some shit like that. My anecdotes are as good as a controlled double-blind quite easily.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

I am down 35 pounds, off of one of two BP medicines that were inflicted on me and use the other one about three times a week. Like Gordon Gekko I have a BP monitor at my desk. Red wine helps too

And exercise. Mostly walking now

I've moved up to a run/walk combo. Running everyday on asphalt ... the body doesn't allow that any more. I still need to check my diet ... I've got around 10 or 15 I need to lose.

Fat fuck creep.
    It's funny everyone else I know got fat on Covid, but like Race I shed 30 pounds of marriage/Daddy/no more cocaine weight and am back down to a fit and trim buck 70 at 5' 10". Of coruse all my hair has started falling out rapidly, so I've got that going for me. Goddamnit.
    Male pattern baldness runs in my family but it missed me. But, I’m now old enough that it’s just starting to thin out from age. Just on my head mind you, it’s going like weeds everywhere else. Fuck...
    Mine has been so weird. I had a full head of hair for the most part at 40. Slight widows peaks but it was all still there. Pumpy's flowing locks and shit. By 45 slight recessions but still good to go. The last couple years it just all fell out all at once. Shower looks like the floor of a barber shop after I get out the last 6 months. Nothing gradual about it. I had hair, and then I didn't. WTF. I'm Injun/Scot/Welsh. I got all the worst characteristics of all three.

Shitty easily burned skin. Thanks Scotland, you fucks.
    Going bald. Thanks Wales, you fucks.
    Hate everyone except trees. Thanks 1st Nation, you fucks.
    Raging drug addict and alcoholic. Thanks all of you, you fucks.
    I told you your being scottish sucked.
    Oh brother, I'm sorry. And what's a particular bitch for you is that, as you likely well know, injuns never lose their hair. It's not a thing in that gene pool. At all. Fuck.

My 97 year old grandather had Rick Ricardo hair (of course). Full fucking head of waivy hair he just combed straight back. Never lost a millimeter of it. Which is amazing because almost all men thin eventually when they get old enough. He never did. He was the 1/2 of 1% who had as much hair at 97 as did at 17. That sucked for me and my old man to live with.
    Wait I'm not scottish. I've got good hair. I am taking the stuff so I keep having good hair.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

My wife has gone from can't wait for the shot to radio silence

She's over 60 with respiratory issues which I think is high risk

I'm team LIPO since I got healthy this year anyway

Also remember from last spring that smoking helped ward off the Vid. Cigars and weed is my current treatment

Pesticid free? Certified Organic?
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    I am a whore.

I have to get one for a Govt contract or kiss the money goodbye. How I feel about it matters not. Odds are, I don’t miss a beat. On the other hand, If by chance I collapse in an allergic fit? Oh well. See ya guys!
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    doogie said:

I am a whore.

I have to get one for a Govt contract or kiss the money goodbye. How I feel about it matters not. Odds are, I don’t miss a beat. On the other hand, If by chance I collapse in an allergic fit? Oh well. See ya guys!

Just take a Benadryl, sit back and enjoy it.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333

BTW, if I have to watch that goddamned Alaska safety dance bullshit commercial 14,000 more times before the lockdown is lifted, there's gonna be something happen. I'm not sure what but something. AAAARRGHH

Totally agreed on the commercial. It's so B level and stupid. Do better Alaska Airlines. Embarrasssing.

And yet here you guys are remembering the ad and talking about it.

Looks to be effective.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

BTW, if I have to watch that goddamned Alaska safety dance bullshit commercial 14,000 more times before the lockdown is lifted, there's gonna be something happen. I'm not sure what but something. AAAARRGHH

Totally agreed on the commercial. It's so B level and stupid. Do better Alaska Airlines. Embarrasssing.

And yet here you guys are remembering the ad and talking about it.

Looks to be effective.