Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Delta Lost $12 billion in 2020

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

In defense of air travel bouncing back.

Better draw than the fucking Alaska safety dance for fuck's sake.

She was such a smokeshow back in the day. Many, many impure thoughts.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

I am down 35 pounds, off of one of two BP medicines that were inflicted on me and use the other one about three times a week. Like Gordon Gekko I have a BP monitor at my desk. Red wine helps too

And exercise. Mostly walking now

I've moved up to a run/walk combo. Running everyday on asphalt ... the body doesn't allow that any more. I still need to check my diet ... I've got around 10 or 15 I need to lose.

Fat fuck creep.
    It's funny everyone else I know got fat on Covid, but like Race I shed 30 pounds of marriage/Daddy/no more cocaine weight and am back down to a fit and trim buck 70 at 5' 10". Of coruse all my hair has started falling out rapidly, so I've got that going for me. Goddamnit.
    Male pattern baldness runs in my family but it missed me. But, I’m now old enough that it’s just starting to thin out from age. Just on my head mind you, it’s going like weeds everywhere else. Fuck...
    Mine has been so weird. I had a full head of hair for the most part at 40. Slight widows peaks but it was all still there. Pumpy's flowing locks and shit. By 45 slight recessions but still good to go. The last couple years it just all fell out all at once. Shower looks like the floor of a barber shop after I get out the last 6 months. Nothing gradual about it. I had hair, and then I didn't. WTF. I'm Injun/Scot/Welsh. I got all the worst characteristics of all three.

Shitty easily burned skin. Thanks Scotland, you fucks.
    Going bald. Thanks Wales, you fucks.
    Hate everyone except trees. Thanks 1st Nation, you fucks.
    Raging drug addict and alcoholic. Thanks all of you, you fucks.
    I told you your being scottish sucked.
  • Options

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

I am down 35 pounds, off of one of two BP medicines that were inflicted on me and use the other one about three times a week. Like Gordon Gekko I have a BP monitor at my desk. Red wine helps too

I've moved up to a run/walk combo. Running everyday on asphalt ... the body doesn't allow that any more. I still need to check my diet ... I've got around 10 or 15 I need to lose.

Fat fuck creep.
    It's funny everyone else I know got fat on Covid, but like Race I shed 30 pounds of marriage/Daddy/no more cocaine weight and am back down to a fit and trim buck 70 at 5' 10". Of coruse all my hair has started falling out rapidly, so I've got that going for me. Goddamnit.
    Male pattern baldness runs in my family but it missed me. But, I’m now old enough that it’s just starting to thin out from age. Just on my head mind you, it’s going like weeds everywhere else. Fuck...
    Mine has been so weird. I had a full head of hair for the most part at 40. Slight widows peaks but it was all still there. Pumpy's flowing locks and shit. By 45 slight recessions but still good to go. The last couple years it just all fell out all at once. Shower looks like the floor of a barber shop after I get out the last 6 months. Nothing gradual about it. I had hair, and then I didn't. WTF. I'm Injun/Scot/Welsh. I got all the worst characteristics of all three.

Oh brother, I'm sorry. And what's a particular bitch for you is that, as you likely well know, injuns never lose their hair. It's not a thing in that gene pool. At all. Fuck.

My 97 year old grandather had Rick Ricardo hair (of course). Full fucking head of waivy hair he just combed straight back. Never lost a millimeter of it. Which is amazing because almost all men thin eventually when they get old enough. He never did. He was the 1/2 of 1% who had as much hair at 97 as did at 17. That sucked for me and my old man to live with.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

USMChawk said:

Swaye said:

Fat fuck creep.

Oh brother, I'm sorry. And what's a particular bitch for you is that, as you likely well know, injuns never lose their hair. It's not a thing in that gene pool. At all. Fuck.

My 97 year old grandather had Rick Ricardo hair (of course). Full fucking head of waivy hair he just combed straight back. Never lost a millimeter of it. Which is amazing because almost all men thin eventually when they get old enough. He never did. He was the 1/2 of 1% who had as much hair at 97 as did at 17. That sucked for me and my old man to live with.
    Yeah my point exactly. I missed all the good traits of each of my lineal dna strains, and got the shit ones. I could have had dark skin and kept all my hair. But I can't have nice things.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,305
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m not anti vax seatbelts myself but the blind faith in seatbelts and airbags and science message is propaganda. People have had seriously adverse and sometimes long term effects from vaccines been killed by seatbelts and airbags.

My anti-vaxxing coworker explained why he never wears a seatbelt using the above argument. At least he's consistent in his dipshittery. It reminds me of the argument against self-driving vehicles: "But they'll crash!" Yeah, they'll crash. That's not important. What's important is that they crash at a lower rate than humans, and this is already the case.

The question with the vaccine is does it harm/kill people at a greater rate and severity than the virus itself. I don't see how it could have passed clinical trials if it did. If it passed in spite of "acceptable losses," then the obvious strategy would be to give the vaccine to elderly and high-risk population and let the young and fit have a COVID party until natural immunities are built up.

Which is pretty much what's happening anyway, hence the "bad reactions" numbers being scary. At this point, the vast majority of vaccines worldwide have been administered to elderly and at-risk. The same people who have much, much higher death rates from the virus as well. I'm betting that the people who attribute the death of a 90 year old woman to the vaccine she took a week earlier are the same people who were shitting on the COVID death numbers because actual cause of death was pneumonia or old age or heart attack, etc. It's the same thing.

Liberal rag Bloomberg sums it up pretty well here. Sounds like the same kind of reactions very few people have to just about any vaccine, and all of these new vaccines passed the same clinical trials process that any other vaccine we give our kids did, they were just put through those paces on an accelerated timeline, with less hemming and hawing between trials.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,305
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Triple-shitpost getting back to the actual subject:

Watch out for oil, or at least downstream oil products, to pick up big tim about four months after air travel explodes. There's a shitload of kerosene sitting in a shitload of tanks around the world, waiting to be used. Refineries are idling in the meantim. Once those tanks are drawn down, medium term prospects look good for ramping up production, oil will share in a mini boom. There will be a lag, as everybody's swimming in inventory right now.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

I’m not anti vax seatbelts myself but the blind faith in seatbelts and airbags and science message is propaganda. People have had seriously adverse and sometimes long term effects from vaccines been killed by seatbelts and airbags.

My anti-vaxxing coworker explained why he never wears a seatbelt using the above argument. At least he's consistent in his dipshittery. It reminds me of the argument against self-driving vehicles: "But they'll crash!" Yeah, they'll crash. That's not important. What's important is that they crash at a lower rate than humans, and this is already the case.

The question with the vaccine is does it harm/kill people at a greater rate and severity than the virus itself. I don't see how it could have passed clinical trials if it did. If it passed in spite of "acceptable losses," then the obvious strategy would be to give the vaccine to elderly and high-risk population and let the young and fit have a COVID party until natural immunities are built up.

Which is pretty much what's happening anyway, hence the "bad reactions" numbers being scary. At this point, the vast majority of vaccines worldwide have been administered to elderly and at-risk. The same people who have much, much higher death rates from the virus as well. I'm betting that the people who attribute the death of a 90 year old woman to the vaccine she took a week earlier are the same people who were shitting on the COVID death numbers because actual cause of death was pneumonia or old age or heart attack, etc. It's the same thing.

Liberal rag Bloomberg sums it up pretty well here. Sounds like the same kind of reactions very few people have to just about any vaccine, and all of these new vaccines passed the same clinical trials process that any other vaccine we give our kids did, they were just put through those paces on an accelerated timeline, with less hemming and hawing between trials.
    This right fucking here my man. Spot the fuck on. I'm just gonna say it out loud even though I'm not in the Tug and thus have be on better behavior: all of the vax-obsessed people I know (yes, another creepy anecdotal study), and there are many of them (fuck I need new friends), are of a type. And what you wrote is a feature they all share in common, among others.

What gets me is people who cherry pick these issues and don't realize how random and stupid they're being. Like the doc said, if you sit in traffic on I-5 everyday, you are breathing shit into your lungs several hours a week that will 100% do more long-term damage to you than a vaccine side-effect ever will unless you win the vaccine lottery and are that 1 in whatever person who really has a reaction. Let's not even start with the American diet and smoking and beating the fuck out of your liver with booze and fatty foods and pain pill chemicals. Mind you, I don't care about those things ... people have their vices and so do I. It's just dumb to focus on this one thing when you're doing shit every day that in all but a miniscule number of vax cases is bad for you.

It's just another thing to bitch about, and as we know, bitching is an American birthright.
  • Options
    dnc said:

I agree with most everything you're saying here, and I'm very pro vax in general. I do think it makes sense to be a bit skeptical about this one since it is a. so new and b. was developed in a fairly short period of time.

I think it's probably going to be fine. I'm also very comfortable letting other people be the guinea pigs while I observe.
    I agree with that too. It's the fact that developers were under pressure to get this done quickly that I agree leaves one with some degree of rational concern. I would just like to get my information about it from MDs and not my wife's friend who knows with certainty that Hillary Clinton is a pedophile.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

I agree with most everything you're saying here, and I'm very pro vax in general. I do think it makes sense to be a bit skeptical about this one since it is a. so new and b. was developed in a fairly short period of time.

I think it's probably going to be fine. I'm also very comfortable letting other people be the guinea pigs while I observe.
    I'd add is the first mRNA commercial vaccine ever...

That said it better work...invested a bit in the technology.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Moderna?
  • Options

dnc said:

Good point.

I'll add in that I have a bias here. I spend a decent amount of time everyday worrying about when the shoe is going to drop. Our recent posts about inflation and related topics, which is good shit, has only worsened that concern. I never really GAF which President was in office when it cleared up and never had much time for the political theories that come up on this topic: I simply want an end to this fucking thing and the economy to open back up. I'm a purist on this point and my views entirely transcend politics. I'm in that camp of people who didn't hate Trump and liked many of his policies who also thought he fumbled a little in the early stages. I'm also not thrilled with the guy who is taking his place and worry about him and his people overreacting and really cranking down on it and at the same time burying the economy.

So if there is some science that will clear the way, I'm all for it (although, yes, I'm going to watch for a little while because I can).

Need to turn the horse loose here pretty soon or this propped up bullshit is going to fold like a cheap tent.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Moderna?
    ABUS.

They own the patents for most of the mRNA...last CEO was shite and spun that tech off to a private company called Genovant. They still get a % of the royalties...Moderna tried to invalidate the patents and lost in court...still haven’t admitted/started paying though.

I’m in from the low 3s a few months ago. Should have gotten out when it was touching 5 but didn’t. Their HepB technology looks pretty good though...should have more news/data by the end of the month.

I like it from my buy-in...not sure I would buy at current values though.