Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Delta Lost $12 billion in 2020

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

There are a lot of mixed messages on the vax

Moderna seems to be the one popping up (off?) the most with the allergic reaction incidents.
    I wonder how many people know that there are multiple vaccines?
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

You're an absolute clown if you think international borders are going to re-open and things will return to normal without a massive worldwide revolution to remove governments that are implementing Agenda 21, under the guise of a fake pandemic and the climate change scam. Soon, you won't be able to travel across state borders, because that has been the plan all along.

Keep wearing your masks though, you fucking monkeys. Take the Vax, it has only killed thousands so far.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I'm willing to give up some autonomy (and remember, b4 anybody Tugs me, we all have given up autonomy to somebody ... the guv, the company, Derek, whatever) to get through a check-point and exercise my free-will to move about. It's just a matter of how much and for what.

I'd be ok with negative tests. Forget going to a country ... that's fair before getting inside a metal tube with other people for 4 to 12 hours. But the vax would go too far IMHO. If you're negative, you're negative. Doesn't matter how you manage to stay that way.
  • Options

You're an absolute clown if you think international borders are going to re-open and things will return to normal without a massive worldwide revolution to remove governments that are implementing Agenda 21, under the guise of a fake pandemic and the climate change scam. Soon, you won't be able to travel across state borders, because that has been the plan all along.

Keep wearing your masks though, you fucking monkeys. Take the Vax, it has only killed thousands so far.
    Talking about monkeys.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,341
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't know how you separate Covid from politics at this point. This didn't start as a Covid thread but once you get there you are at the most successfully politicized disease in memory

The effect on all walks of life is only just beginning to be known

• Options
    edited January 2021

I don't know how you separate Covid from politics at this point. This didn't start as a Covid thread but once you get there you are at the most successfully politicized disease in memory

The effect on all walks of life is only just beginning to be known

I agree. Then again, I can't think about much worth discussing outside of sports that hasn't been politicized.

Two Americas indeed.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

Are airlines really going to be stupid enough to require proof of vaccination? I, and many others I know, will not fly if that's the case. We just won't.

Quasi-tug comment, but relevant.

They aren’t going to require proof of vax unless they find that is required to get people to travel in the first place.

Now governments on the other hand is a whole different story. I expect negative tests to be required for international travel for a while and possibly proof of vax. It’s not uncommon for this today- travel in and out of regions with yellow fever requires proof of a vaccine, which I’ve had and carry the “yellow card” with me. But usually for American travelers no one cares.

And that will probably be one of the biggest travel changes with COVID. Show up at passport control in any country, US passport in hand, and off you went, especially if you looked the part. Now the US is that dirty country where Covid spread out of control. No more zipping through at Heathrow or Frankfurt; we’ll be in line with the masses from SE Asia as we get investigated to ensure we’re not bringing nasty shit in. That will suck and I will have my vaccine proof with me in order to keep moving.
    Global Entry, bitches.

At least coming back home.

Oh for sure, can't imagine travel without it.

And I will be more than happy to load something to my Global Entry profile to prove I've been vaccinated. I don't care. Just let me get the fuck out of the airport as fast as possible once I get there. I got shit to do and people to meet and things to see, ain't got time to be spending waiting to be anally probed by some fucking immigration control dummy.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

Are airlines really going to be stupid enough to require proof of vaccination? I, and many others I know, will not fly if that's the case. We just won't.

Quasi-tug comment, but relevant.

They aren’t going to require proof of vax unless they find that is required to get people to travel in the first place.

Now governments on the other hand is a whole different story. I expect negative tests to be required for international travel for a while and possibly proof of vax. It’s not uncommon for this today- travel in and out of regions with yellow fever requires proof of a vaccine, which I’ve had and carry the “yellow card” with me. But usually for American travelers no one cares.

And that will probably be one of the biggest travel changes with COVID. Show up at passport control in any country, US passport in hand, and off you went, especially if you looked the part. Now the US is that dirty country where Covid spread out of control. No more zipping through at Heathrow or Frankfurt; we’ll be in line with the masses from SE Asia as we get investigated to ensure we’re not bringing nasty shit in. That will suck and I will have my vaccine proof with me in order to keep moving.
    Global Entry, bitches.

At least coming back home.

Oh for sure, can't imagine travel without it.

And I will be more than happy to load something to my Global Entry profile to prove I've been vaccinated. I don't care. Just let me get the fuck out of the airport as fast as possible once I get there. I got shit to do and people to meet and things to see, ain't got time to be spending waiting to be anally probed by some fucking immigration control dummy.
    Fucking sheep. Make sure to take your mask along with you, if you're not incapacitated or dead after taking the Vax, because they've already told you the masks are not coming off, even after you bend over and do everything they say.

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    OK!

“I can’t travel anywhere cause no one will let me in but I’ve got mah freedumb!!!!”
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Swaye said:

I like Delta and Alaska. Other US airlines can fuck off.

Yeah, I think there is a huge pent up demand for travel, so the airlines and hospitality industries will bounce back.

I’m not as convinced that business travel will ever return to pre-COVID levels though, but I’m by no means an expert.

Agree. Here at Orkin we are exploring greatly reduced air travel even in a post Covid world. For North American clients we have T&E built on top, but for the rest of the globe that came right out of hide in the contract. Someone in finance realized what our new margins are without travel, and the fact that new clients still pay the same whether we are going anywhere or not. Yeah, business travel will NEVER return to pre-Covid levels. Ever.
    It's hard to say how bidness travel plays out over the long run. Some segments like corporate group bidness might actually see an uptick if more companies increase the percentage of their workforce who are home based. Even the zoom town worker bees down in places like White Wakanda need periodic face time with their teams and most companies don't have the conference spaces on site to facilitate meetings.
    That, and everyone is forgetting the boondoggle aspect of "corporate" travel. Doing blow off a hooker's ass when you're married, middle-aged and have kids happens on bidness trips. Otherwise, it's "So, why are you flying to Las Vegas again? Why don't we make a little vacation out of it. I'll come too!!"
    I hate to say it, but I know traveling and expensing shit on the company dime is a big reason why many go into careers like sales. Hookers and blow do grease the wheels of capitalism and those things don’t translate well to virtual conference calls.

At least until the Holodeck/VR technology is perfected. 😁

• Options
    whlinder said:
    We? Won’t let it come to that.

#nobodylikesobk

#canceltheduck

#rackhim

• Options