Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Delta Lost $12 billion in 2020

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
That's Billion with a "B" as they say. The others will see similar, or likely worse, results. The airlines have laid off or furloughed 10s of thousands of employees.

I'll ask again: who is thinking about cashing out of their equities in their retirement or non-retirement accounts in anticipation of a market correction? For clarification, I'm not asking if anybody is taking money out of their 401-k or IRA. Just whether you're selling positions within the account)

Or do we? think these troubles are isolated to travel and hospitality?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/delta-earnings-report-losses-2020/

Comments

• Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,271
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I think a few airlines may outperform Delta, but it is going to be massive carnage. American is the biggest risk for bankruptcy.

In terms of travel and hospitality, I think leisure and vacation travel comes back pretty swiftly. Mexico, due to being open to Americans, actually is seeing more flights year over year.

It's the market segment on conferences and meetings that is going to take a bit longer.
  • Options

B as in bankrupcty.

Wipe the balance sheet clean and start over. Fuck the shareholders.

Slow roll the great reset.

BTW, if I have to watch that goddamned Alaska safety dance bullshit commercial 14,000 more times before the lockdown is lifted, there's gonna be something happen. I'm not sure what but something. AAAARRGHH

Totally agreed on the commercial. It's so B level and stupid. Do better Alaska Airlines. Embarrasssing.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    doogie said:

Fuck yes cash in your 401-k have you been reading the headlines???

Watch the mess around here young fella. I've got my eye on you wanderers from the Tug. You'll not be doing that in the middle of the store here for Christ's sake.

This is a place of serious men talking about serious things. Keep your dick in your pants or you're gone. No warning. Just gone.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

B as in bankrupcty.

Wipe the balance sheet clean and start over. Fuck the shareholders.

Slow roll the great reset.

BTW, if I have to watch that goddamned Alaska safety dance bullshit commercial 14,000 more times before the lockdown is lifted, there's gonna be something happen. I'm not sure what but something. AAAARRGHH

You should see the Virgin Atlantic one. Cringeworthy.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Dementia joe will come in save the day. Airlines are like the fucking banks are too big to fail. Tax payers will pick up the tab. Take all the screen shoots you need
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,089
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think the market will correct but don't know when. I pulled out previously but have gotten back in since I'd rather ride up now than miss out on gains waiting for a drop that I can't predict the date or magnitude of.
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

I think the market will correct but don't know when. I pulled out previously but have gotten back in since I'd rather ride up now than miss out on gains waiting for a drop that I can't predict the date or magnitude of.

Yep. That is the entire game in a nutshell now isn't it?
  • Options
    dflea said:

This shit will snap back by 4th of July. Maybe sooner.

Book that shit.

Like Yella said, the pent up need to travel and vacation is palpable. I didn't normally give a fuck about taking a vacation, but you can bet your ass I'm doing it this year and it's going to involve air travel, hotel, and gigantic quantities of food and liquor. And fishing - oh, yes, there will be fishing.

Call me an optimist.

But aren't you concerned that people will see you fishing and assume it means you can't afford to buy food?

Lulz.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Pathetic airline with poor food and service. Is complete shit compared to most Asian and European Airliners.

Forces customers to wear face diapers.

Is plotting to force customers to provide proof of having taken the Convid 1984 Vaccine.

Forces customers off airliners for not toeing the correct political line.

Cannot go extinct soon enough.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I like Delta and Alaska. Other US airlines can fuck off.

Yeah, I think there is a huge pent up demand for travel, so the airlines and hospitality industries will bounce back.

I’m not as convinced that business travel will ever return to pre-COVID levels though, but I’m by no means an expert.

JetBlue = Alaska IMO
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    FireCohen said:

I like Delta and Alaska. Other US airlines can fuck off.

Yeah, I think there is a huge pent up demand for travel, so the airlines and hospitality industries will bounce back.

I’m not as convinced that business travel will ever return to pre-COVID levels though, but I’m by no means an expert.

JetBlue = Alaska IMO
    I’ve actually never flown JetBlue. Guess they just made some deal with American Airlines, but it’s going through the paces with regulators.