Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Reply from Cohen

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,662 Founders Club
    MakaDawg said:

My dead, COVID riddled grandmother would tell her to go fuck herself... respectfully.

Sure she would, bud.

Bud is so condescending.

Or she's flirting with our own Mr. Maka. Maybe she'll flash him the goods.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    edited December 2020

Bud is so condescending.

Or she's flirting with our own Mr. Maka. Maybe she'll flash him the goods.
    Show some support our puppies bud!
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,871 Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Thanks for sharing.

Total disconnect from the AD on all fronts... They are not going to lift a finger unless there's a huge drop-off in doogs buying season tickets and merchandise. They are very much business-minded about the whole thing and just living in the moment. They don't even treat Oregon like a rival, as they have emotionally detached themselves from that concept. They've enjoyed the doogdom that lives within many of our fans, because of the success in the 80's and early 90's. That won't last long as old doogs will eventually die off or they'll get jaded and walk away (which is what happened to me). There's only so much of mediocre play and losing to the same teams (Cal, Stanford, & Oregon) in the same stupid fashion a fan can take. It's obvious that the AD doesn't hold the coaches accountable.

The UW AD surrendered a long time ago. Years ago, on doogman, there was discussion of the Marinerization of Husky football. Well, the process is complete. Competing for championships is hard and it also raises expectations. Why bother with that. It's hard! As long as your fanbase keeps spending their money on tickets, replica jerseys, and donations, all is well. Just enough revenue to keep things running.

Quite honestly, I have many other things I can spend my money on and they are all a hell of a lot more fun than Husky football. Detaching myself from this program has also been good for my psyche.

Fuck this team, fuck the AD, fuck the upper campus, fuck Seattle, and fuck King County. We'll never have the type of championship caliber football team that we expect with the clownshow "leadership" on all levels.

We were in the playoff FOUR years ago. Its possible to look at a situation objectively without dooging
    But we? failed to improve upon that. Never mind losing the big bowl games. Losing conference games, often to the same teams multiple years in a row doesn't help with building any kind of momentum for the program. Wins get fans excited. Wins also bring recruits.

The "oh well, we went out there and tried hard" feeling that comes from the coaches and the AD is tiresome.
    Improve? You mean win a natty? Not every year is going to be your best year and this was never going to be it. The fact that anyone is making judgments on this season is ridiculous with covid new hc oc and qb with a young lineup. All that and we lost 1 game to a decent team
    Not looking solely at this season. Looking at the history of this program in the past 30 years...

There's a mediocre/loser mentality that permeates UWAD.

As went Mike Lude & Don James, so did accountability and the will to win.

It's fucking over! It's been over coming up on 30 years. The upper campus can't stomach a winning football team.
    Upper campus has hated winning football teams since WW1. Nothing's changed with us.

Yet we've still had some really good runs at times.
    Name 1 team that has consistently won their conference all time. Every team has down years even an ohio state or bama
    Let's look at the Mt Rushmore of College Football

Alabama - mediocre from 1983 to 2008 with the exception of beating @creepycoug in 1992.

Ohio State - No Natty from 1969 to 2001. Lost to Michigan like 9 years straight.

Notre Dame - not really elite from 1992 on. Last Natty in 1988. Could this be the year for @GrundleStiltzkin ? Prolly not.

USC - lol.
    No sport suffers from recency bias quite like college football. And no fanbase does it better than the DWAGs!
    I watched Miamuh get their fudge packed by the Tar Heel. What the fuck has this world come to?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,871 Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

I told Jen I was witholding my 500K until she starts a onlyfans with her milkers.

They’re nothing special bruh.
    Houhusky said:

I told Jen I was witholding my 500K until she starts a onlyfans with her milkers.

500K Dong

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Thanks for sharing.

Total disconnect from the AD on all fronts... They are not going to lift a finger unless there's a huge drop-off in doogs buying season tickets and merchandise. They are very much business-minded about the whole thing and just living in the moment. They don't even treat Oregon like a rival, as they have emotionally detached themselves from that concept. They've enjoyed the doogdom that lives within many of our fans, because of the success in the 80's and early 90's. That won't last long as old doogs will eventually die off or they'll get jaded and walk away (which is what happened to me). There's only so much of mediocre play and losing to the same teams (Cal, Stanford, & Oregon) in the same stupid fashion a fan can take. It's obvious that the AD doesn't hold the coaches accountable.

The UW AD surrendered a long time ago. Years ago, on doogman, there was discussion of the Marinerization of Husky football. Well, the process is complete. Competing for championships is hard and it also raises expectations. Why bother with that. It's hard! As long as your fanbase keeps spending their money on tickets, replica jerseys, and donations, all is well. Just enough revenue to keep things running.

Quite honestly, I have many other things I can spend my money on and they are all a hell of a lot more fun than Husky football. Detaching myself from this program has also been good for my psyche.

Fuck this team, fuck the AD, fuck the upper campus, fuck Seattle, and fuck King County. We'll never have the type of championship caliber football team that we expect with the clownshow "leadership" on all levels.

We were in the playoff FOUR years ago. Its possible to look at a situation objectively without dooging
    But we? failed to improve upon that. Never mind losing the big bowl games. Losing conference games, often to the same teams multiple years in a row doesn't help with building any kind of momentum for the program. Wins get fans excited. Wins also bring recruits.

The "oh well, we went out there and tried hard" feeling that comes from the coaches and the AD is tiresome.
    Improve? You mean win a natty? Not every year is going to be your best year and this was never going to be it. The fact that anyone is making judgments on this season is ridiculous with covid new hc oc and qb with a young lineup. All that and we lost 1 game to a decent team
    Not looking solely at this season. Looking at the history of this program in the past 30 years...

There's a mediocre/loser mentality that permeates UWAD.

As went Mike Lude & Don James, so did accountability and the will to win.

It's fucking over! It's been over coming up on 30 years. The upper campus can't stomach a winning football team.
    Upper campus has hated winning football teams since WW1. Nothing's changed with us.

Yet we've still had some really good runs at times.
    Name 1 team that has consistently won their conference all time. Every team has down years even an ohio state or bama
    Let's look at the Mt Rushmore of College Football

Alabama - mediocre from 1983 to 2008 with the exception of beating @creepycoug in 1992.

Ohio State - No Natty from 1969 to 2001. Lost to Michigan like 9 years straight.

Notre Dame - not really elite from 1992 on. Last Natty in 1988. Could this be the year for @GrundleStiltzkin ? Prolly not.

USC - lol.
    No sport suffers from recency bias quite like college football. And no fanbase does it better than the DWAGs!
    I watched Miamuh get their fudge packed by the Tar Heel. What the fuck has this world come to?
    I watched the Youtube hightlights of the 2001 game the other night. That was more fun.
    Quit living in the past, @creepycoug!
    It's more comfortable there. You can have my chair in the present.
    I know, bud. The past is all I have to hang my hat on when it comes to this football program. The present sucks donkey balls.