Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Reply from Cohen

Sent her an email a couple days ago about how you have to find a way to play in the championship game and certainly can't just hand your spot to your rival. Also mentioned the lack of any momentum around the program, the worthless carcass that is Bob Gregory, and the general incompetence of the athletic department from top down.

In return, I got a rather long, likely regurgitated, lecture about how we are in the middle of a pandemic, how Jimmy and the staff did everything possible to get ready to play, and how they were not "MEDICALLY" - she put that in all caps - able to play.

Her condescending tone quickly morphed into that of a rah rah, empty suited charlatan. "Let's get you signed up" for season tickets again!

LMAO... No.

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

We are in a PANDEMIC

Libs are ruining this country!!!!
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

Thanks for sharing.

Total disconnect from the AD on all fronts... They are not going to lift a finger unless there's a huge drop-off in doogs buying season tickets and merchandise. They are very much business-minded about the whole thing and just living in the moment. They don't even treat Oregon like a rival, as they have emotionally detached themselves from that concept. They've enjoyed the doogdom that lives within many of our fans, because of the success in the 80's and early 90's. That won't last long as old doogs will eventually die off or they'll get jaded and walk away (which is what happened to me). There's only so much of mediocre play and losing to the same teams (Cal, Stanford, & Oregon) in the same stupid fashion a fan can take. It's obvious that the AD doesn't hold the coaches accountable.

The UW AD surrendered a long time ago. Years ago, on doogman, there was discussion of the Marinerization of Husky football. Well, the process is complete. Competing for championships is hard and it also raises expectations. Why bother with that. It's hard! As long as your fanbase keeps spending their money on tickets, replica jerseys, and donations, all is well. Just enough revenue to keep things running.

Quite honestly, I have many other things I can spend my money on and they are all a hell of a lot more fun than Husky football. Detaching myself from this program has also been good for my psyche.

Fuck this team, fuck the AD, fuck the upper campus, fuck Seattle, and fuck King County. We'll never have the type of championship caliber football team that we expect with the clownshow "leadership" on all levels.

Sounds like the mid 2000s all over again.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,269 Swaye's Wigwam

Thanks for sharing.

Total disconnect from the AD on all fronts... They are not going to lift a finger unless there's a huge drop-off in doogs buying season tickets and merchandise. They are very much business-minded about the whole thing and just living in the moment. They don't even treat Oregon like a rival, as they have emotionally detached themselves from that concept. They've enjoyed the doogdom that lives within many of our fans, because of the success in the 80's and early 90's. That won't last long as old doogs will eventually die off or they'll get jaded and walk away (which is what happened to me). There's only so much of mediocre play and losing to the same teams (Cal, Stanford, & Oregon) in the same stupid fashion a fan can take. It's obvious that the AD doesn't hold the coaches accountable.

The UW AD surrendered a long time ago. Years ago, on doogman, there was discussion of the Marinerization of Husky football. Well, the process is complete. Competing for championships is hard and it also raises expectations. Why bother with that. It's hard! As long as your fanbase keeps spending their money on tickets, replica jerseys, and donations, all is well. Just enough revenue to keep things running.

Quite honestly, I have many other things I can spend my money on and they are all a hell of a lot more fun than Husky football. Detaching myself from this program has also been good for my psyche.

Fuck this team, fuck the AD, fuck the upper campus, fuck Seattle, and fuck King County. We'll never have the type of championship caliber football team that we expect with the clownshow "leadership" on all levels.

We were in the playoff FOUR years ago. Its possible to look at a situation objectively without dooging
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,662 Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Thanks for sharing.

We were in the playoff FOUR years ago. Its possible to look at a situation objectively without dooging
    But we? failed to improve upon that. Never mind losing the big bowl games. Losing conference games, often to the same teams multiple years in a row doesn't help with building any kind of momentum for the program. Wins get fans excited. Wins also bring recruits.

The "oh well, we went out there and tried hard" feeling that comes from the coaches and the AD is tiresome.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter

Canadawg said:

Thanks for sharing.

But we? failed to improve upon that. Never mind losing the big bowl games. Losing conference games, often to the same teams multiple years in a row doesn't help with building any kind of momentum for the program. Wins get fans excited. Wins also bring recruits.

The "oh well, we went out there and tried hard" feeling that comes from the coaches and the AD is tiresome.
    Exactly. Why do we? keep grading our program on a curve? I’m not expecting us to be BAMA, but we? should expect PAC 12 titles and Rose Bowl visits every year. Minimum.

The BONEM / Apple Cup victories are fucking bush league.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,871 Swaye's Wigwam

And yet Oregon and USC are tanned rested and ready

Every other school fucked up or USC and Oregon are SERIOUS about football

My sarcastic Covid related reply would be a better fit for the Tug.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,269 Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Thanks for sharing.

Improve? You mean win a natty? Not every year is going to be your best year and this was never going to be it. The fact that anyone is making judgments on this season is ridiculous with covid new hc oc and qb with a young lineup. All that and we lost 1 game to a decent team